Hydaelyn Role-Players
How would your character React In Real-Life. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: How would your character React In Real-Life. (/showthread.php?tid=9876)

Pages: 1 2

How would your character React In Real-Life. - Duskwright - 01-31-2015

So! This thought occurred to me.. How would you think your precious little babies would react to suddenly being thrown into our world? Of course your character would still be, them. Like.. a Miqo'te in-game would be a Miqo'te IRL, etc. but they are real, like you and (hopefully) me, in the United States of World.

For my Main, Rhyllona. I feel like she wouldn't change to much, she tends to keep to herself and just moves around a lot. Though her height and pale colored themes, would probably stand out and raise eyebrows amongst others. In which case she would most likely scoff at whoever questioned it and just get on with her life.

and for my alt, V'arimbeh, She would be even more Personal Space invading then she already is. Prodding every single person she ran into until she got extremely bored. Oh and she would probably freak out because she wouldn't be able to understand anyone, but try to like.. Learn human tongue. Even though I highly doubt theres an Eorzean to English dictionary.

OH! Oh! Bonus Question. How would you react if you woke up in Eorzea? I'd be pretty freaked out and would probably be dead within the week. Hahaha

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Kinono - 01-31-2015

Kinono would start reading 50 Shades of Grey and buy out the nearest Liquor Store...

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Caspar - 01-31-2015

She wouldn't last a second :( She might be mistaken for a little person, but her pugnacious attitude would get her into a lot of trouble. She is dreadfully naive when it comes to people too. I can't help but think she'd be tricked a lot.

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Desu Nee - 01-31-2015

Imagine Elizabeth from Persona 3. That's...pretty much Ququki.

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Bopdoot - 01-31-2015

Probably something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzds6fRfjM

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Ligardian Dreamer - 01-31-2015

I imagine, right away, that my characters would be bored... There isn't much excitement except for parties and, well, some other stuff.... What kind? I don't know, I don't go out that much. >w<;

But if I were in the world of Eorzea..... Ooooooooooh my gob.....

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - TheLastCandle - 01-31-2015

Hibito would be amazed and appreciative of our technological advancements, probably throwing himself into learning everything he can about the history of aviation, the industrial age, NASA and space travel.

Yvelont would grump about our laziness, scowl at the way we deplete our resources on a nearly daily basis, and if unable to return to Eorzea by any means necessary would probably retire to some remote wilderness and there live out the rest of his days as a hermit.

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Aaron - 01-31-2015

Aaron would have everyone wondering why his hair and eyes are whiter than snow.

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Erik Mynhier - 01-31-2015

He would walk into the road, see an oncoming semi-truck, think it a monster and use Spirits Within and Hallowed Ground, stopping the truck in its tacks and utterly destroying it. At which time, as he stands in the street, the wreckage smoking around him, someone would run up behind him and slap the back of his head and yell at him for powerplaying and godmoding.

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - C'kayah Polaali - 01-31-2015

C'kayah would spend some time wondering why people in the bar he'd just found kept calling him a furry. Then he'd notice the peculiar nature of the local currency. He'd be cranking it out wholesale on stolen presses within the week.

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Berrod Armstrong - 01-31-2015

...I can't answer this question here.

...for reasons.

/sweat

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Oscare - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 04:27 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: ...I can't answer this question here.

...for reasons.

/sweat
skype me weirdo

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Oscare IRL wouldn't be much different. Probably would've picked up a career in the armed forces!

If I were in Eorzea? I wouldn't survive for half a second for POSSIBLY AFOREMENTIONED REASONS THAT BERROD MIGHT BE IMPLYING

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Duskwright - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 04:27 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: ...I can't answer this question here.

...for reasons.

/sweat

Oh come on, now I have GOT to know!

Also, Loving what everyone else is saying about their characters. I'm so excited to see more replies! @W@

Probably gonna reply with my other alts here later in the week after I get them all set up. :>

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Zyrusticae - 01-31-2015

T'rahnu would have trouble at first, since she'd have to adapt to a world where aether is not a thing. And of course, dealing with everyone thinking she's cosplaying as a catgirl everywhere she goes. And learning the tongue (if applicable).

...Yeah, she'd have her hands full, that's for damn sure. Hell, first thing she deals with is probably getting picked up by cops and dealing with the fact that no one has any legal records on her and no one knows where she belongs. And don't forget the fact that she's carrying around multiple deadly weapons in plain sight.

Now, for the other question... well, first of all, depends on whether or not I change in any way when I manifest in Eorzea. If not, first I'd experiment with my own aether and try to figure out my own limitations. Secondly, I'd go on a long, arduous quest to obtain some fantasia. Thirdly, I'd use that fantasia to become... well, depends on how fantasia would actually work in-universe, if it even exists. (If it doesn't, I'd try to find some way to alter myself with magic instead, no matter how dangerous it is. Because it's worth it, dammit!)

RE: How would your character React In Real-Life. - Steel Wolf - 02-01-2015

Steel would probably be confused, then incredibly bored, if not outright ostracized. Unless she suddenly took up modeling, which case she'd be an overnight sensation, likely.

If I were to manifest into Eorzea, knowing my luck, I'd be taken out by an Opo-opo.