Hydaelyn Role-Players
Of Mercy and Fury.... [Closed - One Shot] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Of Mercy and Fury.... [Closed - One Shot] (/showthread.php?tid=9738)

Of Mercy and Fury.... [Closed - One Shot] - Erik Mynhier - 01-20-2015

The snow was of full force as the Celebration of the Fury had ended. Between the rather small opening, the hustle of the large gathering, the Blessings given, or the business with the rude Inquisitors, Erik found himself exhausted. He had said his goodbyes the Jancis and the others and with reverence, left the Fury's Gaze. Stopping at the tower outside the holy cave, he sought Clio out. She had been there for the celebration.... for him. He found that she had already left. No surprise there, she hated the cold. "I suppose I will walk alone." he huffed as he gathered his things and began the trek to Mor Dhona.

As he walked he thought on how much he liked it in the Coerthas. His childhood had been full of the stories of Ishgard. Knights and priests, doing holy battle against..... something in the distance. His sharp ears could hear the chirping in the distance. Like a bird but not. It was no threat, nothing so small could be. He moved toward the sound now. The sound he could tell was the cries of pain and fear. Up a slight hillside, out onto a cliff, he could still hear the sound, but could see nothing but snow. It was then he noticed the tussling of bushes behind him. The frozen mix of ice and snow covered the evergreen rolanberry bushes. He moved close but careful now, a noticeable hole in the otherwise sheet of ice covering the bush. Peering in he saw what no man standing so close to Ishgard should see, a very small, very wounded, dragon.

Erik was many things but a wyrmologist he was not. Any man raised in the shadow of the Holy See knew their duty, wounded or not, young or not, death to the beast. Erik smiled warmly as he whispered to the frightened and weak little creature, "Now then, you are most fortunate I was the one that found you. You and your kin are not very welcomed here in these lands." He gently reached into the bush to pull the wyrm out. The little beast snapped over and over at his hands, but had barely the strength to move. Pulling him out all the way he swaddled the young creature in a blanket he was carrying in his bag. Seeing the sky darken, he knew they would not get far. Erik lifted the dragon in one arm, his bag in another and moved to a cave nearby.

After being sure the cave was empty, he settled them in. Hanging a second blanket over the entrance he pushed a rock to the entrance to seal them in. Setting out a dozen fire shards, all in a spiral, he say the wounded beast net to them so it could warm itself. Once it seemed warm and calm, Erik began to feed it, administering a potion over its numerous wounds as it ate with suspicion in its eyes. This soon faded as the dragon gained trust in the Sworn. Erik laughed, "A priest of Halone and a dragon, under the same "roof", the irony is amazing little one. I bare you no ill will or ancient ill will. In fact I must bring you with me. To leave you here would be your doom. Some zealot would kill you as a misguided sign of their piety, or some monster would eat you. Either way you must come with me. Would you like that?" The little dragon flew over to the priest and nuzzled in his lap. Erik petted the little one and talked, "I will take that as a yes. Now what should we call you?" The wyrm looked up from its doze, its eyes questioning, "You know there is an old story, of a prideful girl born of an incredible power to walk as a ghost through anything that would block her way. She too had a little dragon, his name was Lockheed. I am a sucker for literature so I believe we will go with that."

The next morning came and the rock was moved from the entrance of the cave. Erik gathered all the supplies and readied to leave. Looking for his map he saw Lockheed flying to him, the map in its mouth. Hit squealed with delight as Erik too the map from him, landing on the priest's shoulder. "You seem a bit better this morning. May I take it that you are ready to go?" As the dragon flapped and chirped Erik smiled,...

"Well then.... let us go home."
[Image: Erik%2BMynhier%2B01_20_2015%2B07_26_02.jpg]