Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Novelist for hire and seeking companions! (/showthread.php?tid=9731)

Pages: 1 2

Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Erimmont Chevalier - 01-20-2015

Well, now! I'm finding myself in a bit of a pickle as of late when it comes to RP companions. Due to the nature of my lifestyle, I'm often online most of the day and of course, I expect no one else to be so insane when it comes down to it. However, this often leaves me with far too much free time on my hands and while I've been filling it with constant ST runs as of late, I'd really love to expand my list of RP contacts!

That said, I suppose I should mention a little about him. Erimmont Chevalier is his name, often simply called 'Monty' by those who rather avoid the mouthful. Representative of the Vylbrand Academy (=USH=), he's often out and about looking to make connections as the classes are no longer open to only members of the Academy. Anyone can very well join them. He also has quite the collection of erotica novels as he is an author of such things under the pen name "The Scarred Heart". Ever the dapper gentleman, I'd love to see about meeting more of you fine folks no matter what the circumstances. 

Simply respond here or send a message and I promise I'll get back to you so we can work something out. Big Grin

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - AmiHanami - 01-20-2015

Hello!

It would be interesting to interact with your character!

I'm kinda rusty in terms of RP and I just transferred into Balmung about... three days ago lol?

But anyway... My character's name is Rinh Khamazom, shoot me a tell and we can work something out!

Unfortunately, I tend to only be on late at night, that might not be what you're looking for, lol.

*crais forever*

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Adeya - 01-20-2015

Ooh, a writer. Adeya's done some writing herself, though it's all academic. Still, the two might get along well, plus there's a decent chance she'd want to hear more about the Academy. After all, even if she doesn't take anything, knowing a few more academics can't hurt, right?

I'm usually on during the evening (EST).

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Erimmont Chevalier - 01-20-2015

Quote:Hello!

It would be interesting to interact with your character!

I'm kinda rusty in terms of RP and I just transferred into Balmung about... three days ago lol?

But anyway... My character's name is Rinh Khamazom, shoot me a tell and we can work something out!

Unfortunately, I tend to only be on late at night, that might not be what you're looking for, lol.

*crais forever*

Actually, my usual hours range from about 1-2pm EST to around 6am, sometimes even later. I'd be all too glad to set somethin' up with you! Also, welcome to the server!

Quote:Ooh, a writer. Adeya's done some writing herself, though it's all academic. Still, the two might get along well, plus there's a decent chance she'd want to hear more about the Academy. After all, even if she doesn't take anything, knowing a few more academics can't hurt, right?

I'm usually on during the evening (EST).

I'll be certain to see if I can't get a hold of you soon, then! After all, he's not limited to his writing. He also teaches the fine art of acting at said Academy starting in next few days/weeks.

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Adeya - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 01:48 AM)Erimmont Chevalier Wrote: I'll be certain to see if I can't get a hold of you soon, then! After all, he's not limited to his writing. He also teaches the fine art of acting at said Academy starting in next few days/weeks.
Awesome. I'll keep an eye out for you.

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Parvacake - 01-20-2015

Hello there! Welcome and it's nice to see someone ICly playing a novelist Smile

Lili might be looking into someone to help chronicle the events around the Society, especially nearing 3.0. As well as maybe some personal works she would like to have since she has little ones who are always in need of new stories.

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Elysia - 01-20-2015

A novelist you say? Avis fancies herself quite the writer, and recently reconnected with her favorite romance novels at a bookstore, so I'm sure she'd be interested in meeting your character. (It MIGHT even be possible that she's read something by this Scarred Heart.) 

That said, time schedules might be a problem... On weekdays I'm only around on EST mornings, if at all, though I'm definitely looking for new connections to make too. Smile

(01-20-2015, 02:31 AM)Elysia Wrote: A novelist you say? Avis fancies herself quite the writer, and recently reconnected with her favorite romance novels at a bookstore, so I'm sure she'd be interested in meeting your character. (It MIGHT even be possible that she's read something by this Scarred Heart.) 

That said, time schedules might be a problem... On weekdays I'm only around on EST mornings, if at all, though I'm definitely looking for new connections to make too. Smile
Not at all! Honestly, due to my injury, I'm pretty flexible with my hours and I hardly mind making a slight adjustment to meet someone new. You just let me know when!

Quote:Hello there! Welcome and it's nice to see someone ICly playing a novelist [Image: smile.gif]

Lili might be looking into someone to help chronicle the events around the Society, especially nearing 3.0. As well as maybe some personal works she would like to have since she has little ones who are always in need of new stories.
Well, not everyone can be as skilled as a blacksmith, after all! Entirely possible, though. I'm sure he'd love to meet her and write a few things for the wee ones as well!

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Dasair - 01-20-2015

Hello!

I am hesitant about posting now, but I'm worried I might not get the chance again for a little while either, so here it is.

Another writer! Erimmont sounds like he would be interesting to meet, especially if he is a writer of books. My character, Xavarian Mystrife, is a scribe, but also a bookbinder (and book mender) so should any authors have an interest in a (or several) high quality, custom made book to write their works in, he'd be happy to create them per order. (There's more about the details of that whole mess is in a link in my signature, if that seems like a fun hook.) Though romance novels in particular are likely to get an... interesting reaction out of him. Not that it would be a problem, though.

But other than work, your character has a name like an Elezen. >u> I'll mention that Xavarian is a duskwight, so that could either be grounds for a good start (with another duskwight) or quite possibly a poor one (with any wildwoods that are less hospitable towards them). And while I absolutely love character conflict (not necessarily the brawling kind, but hey, that could work too), I know that some might be less enthusiastic about that. Still! I thought it should be worth mentioning in case it brings up other neat character possibilities, or is something rather avoided.

I was hesitant about speaking up now though, because I'll actually be on a plane a few hours from posting this, and switching timezones to PST. I won't know what my schedule will be doing for a little while either. But all that said, if you wanted to RP sometime (when I sort myself out after moving) please let me know! Messages through here (the forums) would likely be better than trying to find me in game, if you wanted to set a day for our characters to meet. :>

Good luck finding more people! (Also, endnote: Avis is amazing to RP with, just saying.)

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Drifter - 01-20-2015

Awesome to see you putting your name out there Monty!

I can vouch that Erimmont is an awesome character and an amazing writer! (True, Nyxh can't read, but she has it on good authority that the man knows his stuff!)

P.S. Please take him away so he stops lingering around the house Tongue

(01-20-2015, 03:59 AM)Drifter Wrote: Awesome to see you putting your name out there Monty!

I can vouch that Erimmont is an awesome character and an amazing writer! (True, Nyxh can't read, but she has it on good authority that the man knows his stuff!)

P.S. Please take him away so he stops lingering around the house Tongue

But it's so comfy there. Q.Q

Quote:I was hesitant about speaking up now though, because I'll actually be on a plane a few hours from posting this, and switching timezones to PST. I won't know what my schedule will be doing for a little while either. But all that said, if you wanted to RP sometime (when I sort myself out after moving) please let me know! Messages through here (the forums) would likely be better than trying to find me in game, if you wanted to set a day for our characters to meet. :>

Oh, not to worry at all. Truth be told, I'm suppose to be moving in short order myself. I'll gladly throw you a message shortly and see if we can't work something out when you're all settled in. As for Dustwight/Wildwood conflict, I'm not too sure you'll need worry. His poor heart is currently recovering after being trounced on by a lovely Duskie woman.

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - sforze - 01-20-2015

Fina is a bit of a researcher into Dalamud cultists, if that kind of academia tickles your fancy -- otherwise she's ssuuuuuper into alchemy (understatement of the century) and might have read (and be super-embarrassed about reading) one of his erotica novels, depending on how widely distributed they are Big Grin

(01-20-2015, 12:44 PM)sforze Wrote: Fina is a bit of a researcher into Dalamud cultists, if that kind of academia tickles your fancy -- otherwise she's ssuuuuuper into alchemy (understatement of the century) and might have read (and be super-embarrassed about reading) one of his erotica novels, depending on how widely distributed they are Big Grin

I'd like to think they've gotten around, really. A few folks have asked if they could be 'fans' of his and the like so entirely possible. As for the academic, the man isn't against learning something new. More information for the Academy to lean on, after all! Also. Vilicus says hi. Because hi.

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - Seye Qhesu - 01-20-2015

I noticed the tag too.

Love, Elene.

Also, I believe Monty only hangs around the house because I dragged him there. Overall, he is a fun character to interact with. He and Auriaune used to share their smut collections as both are/were avid readers. Now she has slipped over to reading Mystery novels so as soon as he gets to writing those she will be back in business!

RE: Novelist for hire and seeking companions! - N9ne - 01-20-2015

My character, Jelani Redhawke, is something of a mercenary, but he's got some hidden depths which include an appreciation for the arts and writing. He's no writer himself, but he'd totally be up for following Monty around and fanboying. Shoot me a tell whenever you find me online.