Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? (/showthread.php?tid=9419)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Edgar - 12-25-2014

Hohoho~

Today, it would seem Santa finally realized how much of a goddamn nerd I am and gifted me with some really awesome stuff. So far, this is just a portion of it, but I'll be adding pictures as I chronicle everything. These are being taken by my PS Vita's camera, so excuse the poor quality, I tried my best.

Show Content

So, while I get back to snapping pictures of the other awesome stuff I got this year, I'd like to see what you guys got. Go on and brag!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Zetchryn - 12-25-2014

My gaming rig itself. FFXIV. (these were early gifts), Drakengard 3, FFX/X-2 HD, Jak and Daxter collection, a PS3, bunch of harvest moon and rune factory games, Bravely Default, etc. I got more then I can REALLY count here. Oh, and Smash Bros on 3ds, Wii U, and a few Amiibo figures too.

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Aduu Avagnar - 12-25-2014

Taxi fare from my manager so I could spend christmas with some friends rather than by myself in my room.

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Ciel - 12-25-2014

It was a light haul this year and I'm perfectly OK with that.

I got a visa gift card from my parents, which will soon be put to good use.  A very large, heavy coffee mug which is white with black cat paw prints on it and "Cats like obedient people" (I have cats irl...).  Plenty of homemade cookies.  And in game, a FC mate gifted me with a couple of Choral attire augmentations, which I used almost immediately.

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - TheLastCandle - 12-25-2014

A light "haul," but I got to spend the day eating lots of food with a good half of my family, and a special someone sent me fudge. Smile I also got Dragon Age Inquisition for PS4, but that was an early present that I've already been enjoying.

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Ha'uruh Nunh - 12-25-2014

Persona Q, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix.  I need to actually play other games.

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Kellach Woods - 12-25-2014

NUFFINK.

I'm partially joking - We don't open our gifts until... Saturday I think since that's when the big family bash happens. But I'll probably get cash because the people who'd give me gifts told me they would have no idea how to shop for anything they think I might want so they'd just rather give me the money.

My christmas gift to myself was GGXRD and corrupting my drivers so I would play that instead of FFXIV apparently.

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Faye - 12-25-2014

I still haven't gotten all my presents, but so far!

I got Mount Your Friends and Goat Simulator on Steam from some online friends
A movie theatre giftcard
Candy!
Lip gloss
Makeup bag
A lot of clothes
An apple spice candle
A total of $135 (and a scratch off ticket winning $1...)
Two Pop! figurines (Daenerys and Baymax)

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Coatleque - 12-25-2014

MSI GeForce GTX 980 GAMING 4G, 256-Bit GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0 x16
Times 3

And a lot of other personal gifts from family.

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Sailor July - 12-25-2014

I gots... From my lovely wife:

A very pretty white peacoat that I reallyyyy wanted.An electronic violin in a shimmery blue. ♥
FFXIV (which she also gots!)
Takenoko (epic - and kawaii - board game)
Harajuku Lovers perfume in Wicked Music
Smite - all Gods
A beautiful body harness with onyx ♥

From my dad:

A $50 dollar gift card for whatevers. 

From my in-laws:

$200 each - damn
Clue the board game
Hanafuda the card game (Jen and I are big Japan fangirls, so it's very special)
Popcorn with lots of seasonings
Strawberry Daiquiri
New PJs and socks
New slippers
Badass necklace with feathers - handmade 
A handmade gingerbread ornament
Body spray, toothbrush (I love the PJs and toothbrush tradition!)
Talking Yoda who holds candy. XD

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Jana - 12-25-2014

I took a bunch of pictures of myself posing with my gifts for a Secret Santa in a different forum. The last picture is the stuff I got from my family (sans a pair of slippers and some underwear).

Show Content

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-26-2014

Got a fancy iPhone case I can stick a couple plastic cards in, like my ID and credit card.

And a bottle of vodka.

my parents know me well. ._.

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - TheBlob - 12-26-2014

I got to spend a few hours with my adorable niece singing Frozen songs and teaching her colors in ASL with Candyland.

It was a lot of fun. ^_^

Oh! I also got some fuzzy socks and a vacuum! Big Grin

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Naunet - 12-26-2014

The peace gifts I received were decidedly less nerdy than the other folks here, it seems. XD Well, except for a few.

- a crap ton of Mamma D's cookbooks that contain recipes that have been in the family for a long while. If you don't know who she is, google her! A wonderful woman and Italian-American cook who was loved by so many in Chicago.
- seasons 7, 8, and 9 of Supernatural yay
- Pacific Rim, Maleficent, and The Desolation of Smaug (extended edition)
- a gift card for Kohl's, which will be appreciated either for work clothes or things that were on our wedding registry but we didn't get xD
- an album of The Decemberist's big hits (can't wait for the new album to come out...!)
- from the husband, a racquetball set, including a snazzy glove that makes me feel like I could climb walls like Spiderman. xD He got himself a set as well. I think this was a message.

RE: The Haul: What did you get for Christmas? - Attican - 12-26-2014

I got a wireless mouse and a mechanical keyboard, a PS4 bundle and a bottle of Fireball.

It was a pretty amazing morning. Between getting used to this keyboard and the whiskey I'll have plenty of typos for everyone.