Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-21-2015

I repeat myself here because it bears repeating and I didn't get any drops my first run and I'd like shinies...

I'm more than willing and eager to tank first runs and get more experience myself of the WoD raid. I loved the first time through and I'm more than willing and eager to do it bunches of times.

Does fights
Dat music
And I want revenge against Cerberus for giving my first alliance hell.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-21-2015

We can't queue together though. Two tanks. Unless it actually sorts out the people and spreads them through alliances now.

OR I could maybe queue as MNK. Lemme check.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 08:39 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: We can't queue together though. Two tanks.

Oh dammit that's right. T n T

...sorreh...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 08:40 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 08:39 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: We can't queue together though. Two tanks.

Oh dammit that's right.  T n T

...sorreh...

I CAN QUEUE AS MNK. ALL IS WELL.

Although, uh, considering the nature of the MNK glamour I'm not sure I should. It's kinda... pro wrestler-y.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melodia - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 08:45 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: [quote pid=139177 dateline=1421844026]

It's kinda... pro wrestler-y.

[/quote]
AND HE TAKES GARUDA FROM THE TOP TURNBUCKLE! OH!!! ELBOW DROP!!!

*giggles*

(01-21-2015, 08:45 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I CAN QUEUE AS MNK. ALL IS WELL.

Although, uh, considering the nature of the MNK glamour I'm not sure I should. It's kinda... pro wrestler-y.

SQUEE!!

And I now MUST see this pro wrestler outfit and bask upon its glory.

I'll poke you once I get back from work, do my dishes and put the chicken in the oven.

(01-21-2015, 08:48 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 08:45 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I CAN QUEUE AS MNK. ALL IS WELL.

SQUEE!!

And I now MUST see this pro wrestler outfit and bask upon its glory.
*Gives Steel a Lucha mask for the day*

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 08:21 AM)Melodia Wrote: IT'S THE FIRST DAMN DAY PEOPLE!!! Seriously....like I'm expected to know the &^$%ing mechanics and fights 100% on day one, hour one for me since I just got off work prior and people are giving me the feeling like "Why didn't you watch a video or read some stuff noob?!" act?

I had a similar experience in my WoD run yesterday, though tt was a bit more low-key. Minus the idiot who thought saying "I'm new to the game" was just as funny the fifth time as the first, it was kinda okay. Apparently it was not the first time through for a decent number of them, so that was a plus, however...

They refused to explain anything until in the middle of the fight. The whole "Look away from the eye when he casts this?" didn't get mentioned until half the alliance got melted. Three or four people died to Doom before we were told how to remove it.

But the worst was, believe it or not, Cerberus. I mentioned it in passing in a Skype chat with my FC, but the gist of it was we arrived and people were automatically assigning the parties roles.

"Okay, Alliance A, you can handle tummy right? B will get chains and C will get adds."

Not once did they explain what any of this means before pulling. I was in A (albeit as a healer), so I had no clue that I was supposed to get Mini'd (still don't know how you're supposed to ensure that, by the way) and then run into the purple pools to get ate. We wipe, of course, and half of my party bails - including the other healer and tank.

"Hey, can A handle tummy?"

Me: "I don't know, I'm IN A and I have no idea what we're doing."

So, we get a half-hearted generalized breakdown of what each of the roles does while we're waiting for the rest of my party to refill, and Alliance A gets reassigned to chains. Then they decide we've waited long enough and pull while A is still down the other healer and... either one or two DPS, if I recall correctly.

The other two groups do their jobs, and one of the A DPS and I grab the chains and immediately latch them to the boss because... y'know, that was what we were told to do. Immediately the guy who explained the fight is all "No! You're supposed to wait, free DPS!" but it was, fortunately, more of an "aww man" rather than seriously upset.

We end up wiping again - though I kept A up as valiantly as I could at the end considering I was solo-healing my group. A second healer had joined along with a DPS, so I quickly explain chains in party chat before we're reassigned to adds. At that point our tank disconnects, so we wait a bit before booting him to try and get a fresh one.

Rest of the Alliance pulls, and not a second later our replacement tank joins the Alliance. However, they couldn't make it to the door before being locked out. On the plus side, we managed to drop Cerberus. During the fight, me and the new tank banter jokingly about how great of a tank they are since they were taking no damage at all. It was fun.

Cloud took one wipe before everyone knew what to do and we ran her over. Probably because they actually stopped to explain the fight.

Seriously. It's the first day. Most of us are going in blind - if you've run it before, please LET US KNOW THINGS. ESPECIALLY things that will prevent the unnecessary wipes. And, whatever you do, don't just ASSUME everyone is going to know how to do it while it's still new content. Frustrated

(01-21-2015, 09:01 AM)Gegenji Wrote: ...so I had no clue that I was supposed to get Mini'd (still don't know how you're supposed to ensure that, by the way) and then run into the purple pools to get ate.

When Cerberus coughs up the Gastric Juice add, you stand next to it, which pulses this effect every couple of seconds that gives you the Mini effect. Then you find the pool of purple gunk on the floor.

Boom. You're Cerby food.

(01-21-2015, 09:07 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 09:01 AM)Gegenji Wrote: ...so I had no clue that I was supposed to get Mini'd (still don't know how you're supposed to ensure that, by the way) and then run into the purple pools to get ate.

When Cerberus coughs up the Gastric Juice add, you stand next to it, which pulses this effect every couple of seconds that gives you the Mini effect.  Then you find the pool of purple gunk on the floor.

Boom.  You're Cerby food.

Coolies. Wish they had bothered to tell us that in the actual Alliance. Laugh

Seriously, I'm pretty sure one of the folks in the other Alliances griping about deaths during the Eye boss was due to people not having situational awareness or something. Because, yes, we're supposed to automatically figure out these mechanics just by eyeballing them.

Hee. Eyeballing. On the eyeball boss.

I'm STILL not completely sure of all the mechanics of the Eyeball fight. I mean, I get the whole alternating which pool of stuff to stand in. I get how to remove Doom. But that whole hourglass thing and pointy finger bit? Absolutely LOST to me.

I mean, I didn't have to bother with it since I was just there to apply the Axe Hurty, but just for my own edification, I'd like to understand what the hell was going on there. XD

Also, at one point, some symbol arrived overhead and I was insta-killed....so I wasn't able to figure out how to remove that. O_o

(01-21-2015, 09:17 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I'm STILL not completely sure of all the mechanics of the Eyeball fight.  I mean, I get the whole alternating which pool of stuff to stand in.  I get how to remove Doom.  But that whole hourglass thing and pointy finger bit?  Absolutely LOST to me.

I mean, I didn't have to bother with it since I was just there to apply the Axe Hurty, but just for my own edification, I'd like to understand what the hell was going on there.  XD

Also, at one point, some symbol arrived overhead and I was insta-killed....so I wasn't able to figure out how to remove that. O_o

Let me pay forward, then! Though this is guesswork.

During that phase, a finger is rotating and pointing at each quadrant in a roulette. Eventually it stops, and anyone in that quadrant gets straight up murdered. Now, this is guesswork on my part, but I believe if the Hourglass is still up for that quadrant, it freezes everyone in it so they can't escape. I was in one of the quadrants at the end of the roulette at least twice with a dead Hourglass and was able to just waltz on out of it before the murder beam.

As for the symbol thing... not quite so sure. Maybe that's the sign that you need to look away from him before his attack? I don't recall being hit with a symbol, but I started basically turning around for all the attacks I was unfamiliar with. I THINK the look-away most is Level 150 Death, though. Level 100 Flare is a "don't stand in the circle" effect.

(01-21-2015, 09:17 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I'm STILL not completely sure of all the mechanics of the Eyeball fight.  I mean, I get the whole alternating which pool of stuff to stand in.  I get how to remove Doom.  But that whole hourglass thing and pointy finger bit?  Absolutely LOST to me.
You're getting kicked.

*votes dismiss*

Not really. *hugs*

(01-21-2015, 09:20 AM)Gegenji Wrote: [quote pid=139195 dateline=1421846255]

Let me pay forward, then! Though this is guesswork.

During that phase, a finger is rotating and pointing at each quadrant in a roulette. Eventually it stops, and anyone in that quadrant gets straight up murdered. Now, this is guesswork on my part, but I believe if the Hourglass is still up for that quadrant, it freezes everyone in it so they can't escape. I was in one of the quadrants at the end of the roulette at least twice with a dead Hourglass and was able to just waltz on out of it before the murder beam.

[/quote]
You shared info?

*votes dismiss*