Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 11-28-2016

-looks over many of these horror stories-

-once again counts her lucky stars that she has pocket tanks and DPS that don't make her regret her choice to main healer after years of DPS'ing-

Also: that feel when you're helping a newbie clear some content, let people know they're new, they don't take it into account, then get mad about it after a wipe.

lolbrah

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 12-04-2016

Qarn NM, December 4th, 5:16pm

[17:16](Butthurt PLD) Suen youre trash
[17:16](Suen Shyu) ?
[17:17](Suen Shyu) Elaborate?
[17:17](Butthurt PLD) Nah
[17:18](Mislead green sprout SMN) U keep attacking bfore he gets agro
[17:18](Suen Shyu) Then get aggro
[17:18](Suen Shyu) That mob wasn't aggroed for eons
[17:18](Butthurt PLD) Lol?
[17:18](Mislead green sprout SMN) He was agroing it
[17:18](Suen Shyu) The Qarn facer?
[17:18](Suen Shyu) Was yellow the whole time
[17:19](Butthurt PLD) Cause you make your own marks
[17:21](Suen Shyu) I'm only switching targets to place dots
[17:21](Suen Shyu) I'm also not inclined to argue nicely when the first shot I get is "you are trash"
[17:21](Butthurt PLD) Youre trash*
[17:21](Suen Shyu) Thank you for proving my point
[17:22](Butthurt PLD) Np
[17:25](Suen Shyu) In any case, I'm sorry you feel that way. I leveled up tank too, I know it's pain at low level.
[17:25](Butthurt PLD) Lol youre still talking?
[17:25](Suen Shyu) Fine
[17:25](Suen Shyu) Do'nt start something if don't intend to finish it then
[17:26](Butthurt PLD) Whore you again?

PLD not able to hold aggro, more butthurt than ever, tries to open the optional rooms (the ones with the trash grey loot), but uses the wrong stones. Then proceeds to pop tank LB against the last revenant when it was 5% HP.

[17:33](Suen Shyu) :o
[17:34](Suen Shyu) The irony really. Makes mistakes at every turn and has the guts to tell me I'm 'trash' /slowclap
[17:35](Butthurt PLD) What mistakes?
[17:35](Suen Shyu) Why did you pop tank LB?
[17:35](Butthurt PLD) I figured youd like it

PLD misplaces on purpose the two last stones for the last room and we get another unecessary spawn out of it.

[17:38](Suen Shyu) :c
[17:38](Butthurt PLD) Wink

PLD starts tanking the boss, then sees me running to get the facer adds, and starts trying to rip aggro from me so he can kill them out of the platforms. Fails though, because his enmity is shit, I keep ripping everything off him. He continues to run all around like an ass after.

[17:40](Suen Shyu) What are you doing
[17:41](Butthurt PLD) Chillin, u?
[17:41](Suen Shyu) lol k

I tanked the boss on the last segment, through potions and a very inexperienced healer. Got 2 comms, at least.. Not that i need them, but at least it proves me that I was not alone in there. I get extremely anxious with a mentor tag above my head when that happens.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 12-07-2016

This has nothing to do with PuGs, but it's still a vent!

Stupid Square Enix sent me an email telling me all about the new Encyclopaedia Eorzea that's out now! Sooo click on the link and takes me to the AU store ... which does not have it. Have it in all your stores, damn it!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kilieit - 12-17-2016

3-man premade, Tank/DPS/DPS, levelling roulette - get baby Copperbell. Tankfriend is brand new to tanking and says so, in /p. I'm explaining in linkshell how to open a pull--

Oh, the healer already pulled.

Aight, maybe he was just a bit impatient to get started. We clear the first chamber, go down the lift and... he pulls again, immediately, before the tank has even begun to move.

(Aghurlal Qar-akimusun) Please let the tank pull
(ASSTROLOGIAN) calm down
(Aghurlal Qar-akimusun) It was a very calm request
(Aghurlal Qar-akimusun) Please don't get offended :)

Asstrologian stops for a few pulls and I think okay, maybe he has a braincell, this might not be too bad, but then... he starts pulling again, during the area where there's a lot of patrols.

Like, we're surviving because it's baby Copperbell and I don't think I've ever seen a group wipe there no matter how bad they are, but it's not helping my friend's confidence or his ability to learn to tank better. Especially in that area, it's a really good place to develop group awareness habits, and Asstrologian wasn't allowing any of the (normal, expected) situations which allow that.

(Aghurlal Qar-akimusun) Again, please let the tank pull
(ASSTROLOGIAN) Don't be a bitch

I make this face:
[Image: ac0e9676b9d8131cc488cb52d1288304.jpg]

...and I'm literally typing "we are a three-man premade, please reconsider your approach and whether you want to continue pulling" when dude goes and pulls again. Two groups. While we're still working on one ourselves.

(DEEPSFRIEND) You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
Vote dismiss commenced.
A party member has been dismissed.

And that, mercifully, was the end of that.

Happy ending: we wait around for 5 minutes and get a new healer, then this:

(TANKFRIEND) Just letting you know that I'm a new tank :>
(GODSENT SCH) It's all good. We are all new at some point.

Pretty sure guy walked away with all 3 of our comms. xD

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 12-18-2016

Not a super bad PuG, but it ruffles my feathers the wrong way.

Tank shows up in expert, doesn't use DarkSide. Seriously? You should be able to use that properly at that level, it's part of your core skills FFS. Whatever, I think, the other BLM only has the i240 weapon, this should be okay. 

On packs of mobs, it goes more or less ok, though bumpy when we start nuking stuff with flares. Healer awareness is here so I don't die systematically. And thanks for manawall/manaward, it really is a godsent. And when it still isn't enough, TP directly on the tank to nudge him good.

Things start to get funny on bosses. I systematically ripped aggro off him everytime I went in Astral Fire since he wasn't generating enough damage to get proper enmity. Then when the bosses were done with me, they went to murder happily the other BLM that was a good player overall. But yeah, I mostly served as a meatshield to the other BLM pretty much all the time since my weapon was way better.

On the first boss it was more or less fine since it's a BLM unfriendly boss (meaning, that likes to get invulnerable or go away at the worst possible moments, like that stupid liquid flame). Besides that, that boss doesn't hit for shit anyway.

On the second boss, Hahahahahaha. Well, let's just say that ripping aggro off the tank when the boss is about to cast On-High with the super haste boost that you can't dodge... Things get facepalm worthy.

So yes, not something super terrible, but DRK that don't use darkside in expert annoy me, a lot more than healers that pick up their noses to be honest: those at least don't directly threaten the party.

But damn, use the skillset you are given. Especially the core skills. It's not here just to be pretty. Frustrated

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Saravahn - 12-18-2016

(12-18-2016, 07:34 AM)Valence Wrote: Not a super bad PuG, but it ruffles my feathers the wrong way.

Tank shows up in expert, doesn't use DarkSide. Seriously? You should be able to use that properly at that level, it's part of your core skills FFS. Whatever, I think, the other BLM only has the i240 weapon, this should be okay. 

On packs of mobs, it goes more or less ok, though bumpy when we start nuking stuff with flares. Healer awareness is here so I don't die systematically. And thanks for manawall/manaward, it really is a godsent. And when it still isn't enough, TP directly on the tank to nudge him good.

Things start to get funny on bosses. I systematically ripped aggro off him everytime I went in Astral Fire since he wasn't generating enough damage to get proper enmity. Then when the bosses were done with me, they went to murder happily the other BLM that was a good player overall. But yeah, I mostly served as a meatshield to the other BLM pretty much all the time since my weapon was way better.

On the first boss it was more or less fine since it's a BLM unfriendly boss (meaning, that likes to get invulnerable or go away at the worst possible moments, like that stupid liquid flame). Besides that, that boss doesn't hit for shit anyway.

On the second boss, Hahahahahaha. Well, let's just say that ripping aggro off the tank when the boss is about to cast On-High with the super haste boost that you can't dodge... Things get facepalm worthy.

So yes, not something super terrible, but DRK that don't use darkside in expert annoy me, a lot more than healers that pick up their noses to be honest: those at least don't directly threaten the party.

But damn, use the skillset you are given. Especially the core skills. It's not here just to be pretty. Frustrated

He shouldn't have needed darkside to hold threat. Absolutely should have had it on, regardless, but shouldn't have been necessary to keep aggro.

That, my friend, was just a terrible DRK, period.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 12-18-2016

If you guys want terrible, solo queue Urth's Fount.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 12-18-2016

Finally tried my first raid and I think it might be my last if it's indicative of how they usually go. DX

Was doing the first part of the Crystal Tower on my Bard and it was just horrible. Firstly, I lagged getting out of the loading screen and some helpful person kindly marked me as target to ignore 1 because of that. Which you can't remove from yourself.

People did not wait at any of the bosses. I got locked out of about half of them, because I'm not the fastest mover. I ended up following the wrong group, because I didn't know who was who or what we were doing. I was just shooting whatever came near me. XD

Then people started bickering over alliance chat and complaining about other groups. I didn't really care anymore, because I had died and had to respawn at the beginning and was now lost. So I got locked out of the final boss and I finally managed to find the exit after everyone else had already gone.

Ugh, I'm being whiny tonight. My tank just got yelled at again and I'm feeling gloomy. I think I'm going to have to give up tanking.

/end vent

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-18-2016

(12-18-2016, 10:36 AM)Charity322 Wrote: Finally tried my first raid and I think it might be my last if it's indicative of how they usually go. DX

Was doing the first part of the Crystal Tower on my Bard and it was just horrible. Firstly, I lagged getting out of the loading screen and some helpful person kindly marked me as target to ignore 1 because of that. Which you can't remove from yourself.

People did not wait at any of the bosses. I got locked out of about half of them, because I'm not the fastest mover. I ended up following the wrong group, because I didn't know who was who or what we were doing. I was just shooting whatever came near me. XD

Then people started bickering over alliance chat and complaining about other groups. I didn't really care anymore, because I had died and had to respawn at the beginning and was now lost. So I got locked out of the final boss and I finally managed to find the exit after everyone else had already gone.

Ugh, I'm being whiny tonight. My tank just got yelled at again and I'm feeling gloomy. I think I'm going to have to give up tanking.

/end vent

The Crystal Tower raids are not very good examples for 24-person raids anymore. Few people remember/both with the mechanics now because they've been able to outgear them since late 2.0 series patches. On the the other hand, finding 23 other people and setting up a raid to do things the right way would be a pretty difficult task. Possibly harder than any of the raids.

Common things people derp on in Labyrinth of the Ancients (you'll probably see some of these in the first few pages of the thread).
Show Content

But I also look back fondly on the Crystal Tower drinking game, circa January 2014 when the content was still relevant.

Show Content

Show Content

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 12-18-2016

(12-18-2016, 07:39 AM)Roderick Wrote: He shouldn't have needed darkside to hold threat. Absolutely should have had it on, regardless, but shouldn't have been necessary to keep aggro.

That, my friend, was just a terrible DRK, period.

I'm ready to accept that some people are less good than others. I'm less ready to accept that when they persist in not activating Darkside even when we call for it again and again...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 12-20-2016

Went into an A12 standard run for cogs.

The WhM got pissed that the SCH was also doing DPS and yelled it in party chat... and then proceeded to burn the healer LB3 just before the Judgement Ray.

And he left just after in a fit of rage.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Eliana M'Terra - 12-21-2016

A9 normal. MT tank barely geared goes in, doesnt wait for any kind of protect whatsoever. Ok no problem, maybe he can hold his ground.

Well he couldn't. Me SCH and the other healer WHM we were not able to keep him up, he didnt use shield oath only sword oath. We told him countless time to use that shield oath and use CDs. Finally, I decided to stop Healing seen that he could give a rat's ass to actually tank.

I let eos do whatever she wanted I went full dps mode so did the other healer. Inevitably we wiped. The WHM tells him to go into shield oath and use his CDs, I said, I think he got it now and effectively he did get it..but took a wipe and two healers just turning blind. The fight went nicely, everybody walked away happy.

Somtimes a good reminder is needed

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 12-21-2016

Ramuh (hard). MT decs in the middle of the fight. Nobody cares about zapping the people under terror, but that's a given in PuG Ramuh anyway.

OT is obviously not willing to be a good tank and rotates Ramuh all around like an idiot. Precisely the day I'm leveling melee DPS classes. So I keep eating cleaves and shit and dying all the time.

Tell him to stand still, I get answered "less complaining and more damage."

Told him "I would if I wasn't eating his cleaver constantly in the face"

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 12-21-2016

Okay, Urban Dictionary tells me that MT is Main Tank, but what is OT (Obnoxious Tank)?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 10:20 PM)Charity322 Wrote: Okay, Urban Dictionary tells me that MT is Main Tank, but what is OT (Obnoxious Tank)?

Usually, yeah.