Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 07-23-2016

That's one of the refreshing things I like about soloing PotD.

If I fail, it's ALL on me.

(and the goddamn rng that gives me 75% exploding silver chests grumble grumble)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 07-23-2016

One thing I really really hate lately is impatient people. There's usually a short cutscene before the boss and due to a slow computer it often takes just as long for it to stop loading if I skip it.

Several times I've been ditched at the cut off for the last boss because people just rushed ahead and started attacking without checking that everyone was ready and by the time I got there it had timed out and been sealed. DX Can't you wait 10 more seconds!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edda - 07-24-2016

It's a "Level 60 White Mage never uses regen" episode.

I know you have the skill, you stank-ass bitch.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 07-25-2016

(07-24-2016, 11:21 PM)Edda Wrote: It's a "Level 60 White Mage never uses regen" episode.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

Too much savagery.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edda - 07-25-2016

(07-25-2016, 12:21 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 11:21 PM)Edda Wrote: It's a "Level 60 White Mage never uses regen" episode.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

Too much savagery.
I can't help it, I have a love affair with regen.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 07-25-2016

Run in Sohm Al, stumbled on a WhM that was here for the first time. Doesn't use Shroud, spamms cure II (except when he really has to), spamms medica II even before fights or at the end (that aggro generation yo), goes out of MP... And just generally can't heal properly for shit, even on small packs.

Tried to ask if he was using Shroud two times. No answer, but otherwise the guy was talking. I really hate people that ignore you whenever you start giving advice or asking if they forgot doing something, when it's obvious that they are shit at playing their class and it boggles the mind that they got that far doing mistakes you only do at lvl 30-40...

Really salty about players that are bad, not because they are bad, but because they plug their ears and play ostriches and hope the people in party will get bored of asking and that it will end soon.

In contrast, I stumbled on a tank in the Aery that was taking every advice we gave him, and tried to apply asap after. That was nice, he got lots of comms.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kilieit - 07-25-2016

Yeah, god. I've said before - I'll take a thousand runs with genuine leaflings that are willing to listen, over one run with a guy who doesn't know what they're doing and won't listen.

You can fix a lack of knowledge, by teaching and learning. You can't fix an attitude problem.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 07-25-2016

(07-25-2016, 09:38 AM)Kilieit Wrote: Yeah, god. I've said before - I'll take a thousand runs with genuine leaflings that are willing to listen, over one run with a guy who doesn't know what they're doing and won't listen.

You can fix a lack of knowledge, by teaching and learning. You can't fix an attitude problem.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, stupidity is the rejection of it. And you can't fix stupid.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sunwins - 08-01-2016

People who vote abandon on Ozma after one (close call) wipe.

>>; w h y.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 08-01-2016

Because running through the whole thing again is totally a better option than doing Ozma a second time. Though, part of me wonders if they're actually just being super-selfish and the drop for the week they want is off one of the previous bosses. I'd hope not, but you never know with some people. Sad

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 08-01-2016

Running mixed PotD has officially killed off any personal thought that the playerbase of this game might be remotely competent.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 08-01-2016

(08-01-2016, 08:08 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Running mixed PotD has officially killed off any personal thought that the playerbase of this game might be remotely competent.

I feel the exact same way.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 08-04-2016

Belated rant but...

If you want to "full clear for XP," don't follow it up by immediately half-assing it and ninja AFKing repeatedly.

So, I got Aurum Vale for my Mentor roulette (Yay. Undecided) two days ago. This was after bailing on (and waiting on the cooldown timer for) a Ramuh EX where we continually wiped in the first phase for about fifteen minutes and when we finally got to the adds phase, couldn't make the DPS check. So my mood was already a bit tetchy.

Our BLM immediately requests that we kill everything because they "need all the XP I can get." DRK tank agrees since they also haven't hit 50 yet. I groan inwardly, but figured I could hunker down and get it done to help the folks out. I add that we'll get extra XP since I'm a Mentor, so they should hopefully get at least a level. With that, we head off.

Things get questionable when the BLM is locked out of the first boss, and I notice they're WAY over, like, four or five pulls back. I mention we locked the mage out and we ultimately end up wiping - albeit barely - due to lack of DPS. BLM comes back near the end of the wipe, saying their dog was acting up. Alright, fine.

We get the boss on the second try, but now I'm watching this sucker. During that fight, he would just stand still and eat the AoEs. Clearing to the second boss, I notice they're sticking mostly to just spamming Ice magic. And during second boss, they get hit with every Glare targeted at them - likely due to not moving.

Final straw is when we get a slightly too big pull after the second boss (that little pit area with all the mobs, pretty common mistake). Mage stands there and dies when the DRK LoS's me and he drops. Tank runs back as I kite the adds with healing aggro on me while the remaining DPS does work. BLM remains dead, doesn't respawn and teleport to the boss room not even five feet away... and ignores the reluctant rez I throw on him (as in, the timer runs out, it's not clicked off or anything). Ninja AFK'd again.

By this point we'd already cleared to about a pull before the last boss. So I initiate a votekick on the sucker and get a MCH that actually, you know, participates. Finish the run and get out of there. Something that would've been faster if we had a BLM that was not disappearing to get free XP for no work.

... Though, I don't know if that is as bad as the Trial roulette I got yesterday. Got Steps, and one of the tanks was AFK for THE ENTIRE TRIAL. Like, literally, I died due to... something or another, I don't quite remember (likely got stepped on because I was dotting and not paying attention as squishy SMN). Spawn and notice the PLD is just... standing there, looking forward to where the boss would've been at the very start. I head back in, but notice that he never moves for the remainder of the Trial either. Frustrated

Man, I wish I could AFK for an entire roulette and get away with it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 08-04-2016

Yesterday was getting some roulettes done with MoonMoon and had to do Darkhold for GC and story. We got a WHM who was the laziest POS I've ever come across as a healer. They let me (the tank) die during a trash pull because they were too busy in cleric stance DPSing. Let me die again during a boss fight and kept staying in cleric to DPS and would only bother healing us when we'd get down to 1/3 of our health or lower. I kept popping potions to keep myself from dying completely when I'd get as low as 50-74 HP.

I have never had a bad WHM before until last night. Bah.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 08-04-2016

Why do DRK refuse to use Dark side pre 50? Or even pre 60?

It's not difficult to keep your mp, I kept DS up the time when I leveled it. But every time I do a roulette for the tomes I get a DRK that for some reason refuses to stack DS with Grit thus they aren't holding aggro unless their spamming unleash until their mp is zero.

Do these guys realize Darkside locks about half their CDs when they don't use it?