Hydaelyn Role-Players
Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question (/showthread.php?tid=9175)

Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - g0ne - 12-06-2014

Okay, I'm pretty sure this question has probably been asked before (if not, yay me XD) but!

Does the game have only one set of the Artifact Armors and the Relic Weapons, or do multiple copies of them exist or something? Because I'm pretty sure in the Heavensward trailer, there were multiple Artifact wearing Dragoons. 

Also, since Eleni is a Bard and I finished the bard questline and got the Artemis Bow, I noticed that Jehantel had an Artemis Bow (at least it looked exactly like one) but somehow your character manages to find one too. So, either that's a silly mistake, or there are indeed multiple Relic Weapons.

As for me, I like to believe that multiple copies of the armor and weapon do exist. (Or is it bad of me to think that? Undecided )

So, there you go. That's what I had to say. More input greatly appreciated. Smile

RE: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - Ciel - 12-06-2014

Copies and replicas do exist.  Also remember, as far as the weapons go, you needed a suitable vessel to house the reborn weapon before it was finished. So technically, your relic weapon is still just a very nice replica of the supposed original.

And depending on the job, some AF armors may or may not be repicas.  Ninja and Paladin come to mind.  You'll see a number of Sultansworn around who wear similar armor.  Then you have jobs like Warrior where, as far as the lore is concerned, you're the only one in existence.  For the rarer jobs like that, the AF might just be repicas as well for the sake of RP.  Cosmetic similarities, but not the real deal.

RE: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - Sounsyy - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 11:51 AM)Eleni Wrote: Okay, I'm pretty sure this question has probably been asked before (if not, yay me XD) but!

Does the game have only one set of the Artifact Armors and the Relic Weapons, or do multiple copies of them exist or something? Because I'm pretty sure in the Heavensward trailer, there were multiple Artifact wearing Dragoons. 

Also, since Eleni is a Bard and I finished the bard questline and got the Artemis Bow, I noticed that Jehantel had an Artemis Bow (at least it looked exactly like one) but somehow your character manages to find one too. So, either that's a silly mistake, or there are indeed multiple Relic Weapons.

As for me, I like to believe that multiple copies of the armor and weapon do exist. (Or is it bad of me to think that? Undecided )

So, there you go. That's what I had to say. More input greatly appreciated. Smile

So, some Artifact/Relic armor/weapons have multiple "originals" while others have copies and replicas made of them by master crafters like Gerolt. Rowena has based her whole wealth and business around collecting replicas of ancient artifacts.

So, yes, copies are 100% canon, but depending on the specific relic, having a "copy" may not be necessary. For instance, the original Artemis Bow was crafted for a man named Gilbert the Godsbow. But, because the style of the bow was so famous, it became a staple bard weapon for years to come and many copies of the original weapon were made since the time of Gilbert.

Most of the Relics and Artifacts actually follow this trend with only a few exceptions. (Curtana, Thyrus, Veil of Wiyu...) It's important to remember that while in this day and age, "Jobs" are rare, at one time in the past, most were as common as our present "classes." For instance, Warriors and Bards were commonplace during the Autumn War 100 years ago. It is only in the last 100 years or so that those two arts fell into disuse.

RE: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - Oscare - 12-06-2014

It's been discussed several times before, but there's no harm in asking again!

Relic weapons and artifact armor do exist in canon in the form of copies. Like Ciel said, the 'rarer' jobs like White Mage and Ninja may be a little more difficult to attain due to the discreet nature of these jobs. But hey, SE did say there are plenty of organizations trying to get a hold of these skills through nefarious means, so go for it.

As far relic weapons -- I find it hard to imagine there's only one of a kind of each of them. The quests tell you to find a base weapon to combine with too, so to me it feels like that the weapons aren't that hard to make. It just requires a boat load of aether and a half. 

I'm always one to believe that if you can find a lore-friendly way of wearing what you have, go for it.

RE: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - Steel Wolf - 12-06-2014

It's a bit of a shame that the Warrior armor is so intrinsically tied to being a unique set of equipment. I am IN LOVE with how the helmet looks on Steel.

....and being able to use the /visor emote. XD

RE: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - Blue - 12-06-2014

Jet'a uses the BLM artifact (well, myth actually) most of the time.. I've never really made a big deal out of it or talked about it IC nor giving it particular reasons to wear it... He is nocturnal and dislikes leaving his skin exposed to both light and touch, and well.. I OOCly liked the Auron-look the high collar gave him.

As for relic weapons, I have none yet but I never really paid any mind to what others used. Weapons in Eorzea have all so many flashy and weird design, I feel my character at this point would take exotic-looking weapons as granted and not care about them. There's far far too many strange weapons vs the "common" weapons for them to look any special or call any attention at this point.

RE: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - PerkPrincess - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 02:11 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: It's a bit of a shame that the Warrior armor is so intrinsically tied to being a unique set of equipment.  I am IN LOVE with how the helmet looks on Steel.

....and being able to use the /visor emote.   XD

Honestly, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for there to be imitations of the Warrior's set. Especially in a post 2.0 canon. A Warrior of Light using it is more than enough reason for crafters to have put together their own spin on the armour, with varying degrees of success.

It's also possible that there are in fact other warriors out there. I remember reading somewhere that there is in fact still Warriors about, but they just have isolationist tendencies.

RE: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - Merri - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 07:23 PM)PerkPrincess Wrote: Honestly, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for there to be imitations of the Warrior's set. Especially in a post 2.0 canon. A Warrior of Light using it is more than enough reasons for crafters to have put together their own spin on the armour, with varying degrees of success.

It's also possible that there are in fact other warriors out there. I remember reading somewhere that there is in fact still Warriors about, but they just have isolationist tendencies.

There most certainly is. In fact, every single set of Mythology gear is a replica.

Suffice it to say, if they can craft a replica suit in one color, there can most certainly be replicas crafted in other colors. Be it the original shades, the Mythology set, or the augmented gear. It's all completely acceptable in canon.

[Image: 9CNvylE.png]

Relic weapons have been covered, so I won't touch on that.

And as far as Warriors go, they do exist in this day and age. However, as Perk has mentioned, they are few and far inbetween. There is still plenty of room to work with ICly in regards to Warrior lore, however.

RE: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - Sounsyy - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 02:11 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: It's a bit of a shame that the Warrior armor is so intrinsically tied to being a unique set of equipment.

The Warrior Artifact armor isn't actually that unique. What makes the very specific set you receive in the WAR quest unique is that Curious George's ancestors enchanted a hero's armor, empowering his Inner Beast and focusing his energies. However, the armor drove the hero mad and he cast it from Abalathia's highest peak. The armor was later recovered, and then scattered so that no Warrior would ever again be corrupted by its power and influence.

However, the style of the armor was quite popular and worn by many Warriors, just without the enchanting. Even Curious George and his brother admit to wearing replicas of it. So put on the armor, feel free. ^^ There's plenty of sets just like that out there.

RE: Relic Weapon, Aritfact Armor question - Steel Wolf - 12-07-2014

Yea, y'know what? I was focusing too much on the Warrior quest, which is my first mistake--the second it starts talking about being a Chosen One of any sort, I should have nope'd the whole idea right there and deferred to common knowledge.

Short version...YAY HELMET!! XD

/visor
/visor
/visor
/visor...