Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Cup of Good Cheer! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: A Cup of Good Cheer! (/showthread.php?tid=916)

Pages: 1 2

A Cup of Good Cheer! - Seraphine Felstar - 12-18-2010

"A Cup of Good Cheer"

[Image: acupofgoodcheerinvite.jpg]
((Hanging in the Ul'dah Miner's Guild as well as the three taverns.))

When: 22nd Sun of the 8th Umbral Moon at the Twentieth Bell.

((22 December @
8 PM Eastern
5 PM Pacific
1 AM London))

Where: The Miner's Guild in Ul'dah

((Note: I'm not sure how big or small the crowd will be. If it gets too large the crowd will move to the Winter Estate in Ul'dah IC.))

Hosted by: Seraphine Winter

Description: It's the season for holiday cheer and we've not had the chance to celebrate the Starlight Festival in the company of good friends and fine food. Therefore, I am inviting all to a night of tales, gifts, dining, and plenty of merry making at the Miner's Guild in Ul'dah. Casual or seasonal wear is encouraged and if you have any last minute gifts for friends this is the perfect time to exchange them. A toast will be given at the start of the event as well as the traditional story of the Starlight Festival to be told by Keir Loell. If you have a short tale of the season (no longer then 5 minutes) you would like to share with the group then please let me know. Hope to see you there!

==================================

~OOC notes~

Purpose of event: To spread some holiday cheer, socialize, and exchange any last minute gifts.

Due to the fact this event was planned and announced last minute it is to be a just casual and fun event. Because during the week was the only time left I ended up having to pick a time that I know is very inconvenient for EU people. I apologize whole heartily for this since I am all for including everyone and I promise the next event I have coming will be at a much, much easier time for you all. I know a lot of people have plans (including me) this week so if you can't make it then I understand. Also, please don't go out of your way to buy any kind of special clothes or gifts for anyone. Bring what you have and only offer what you would have anyway! In case you would like to give a short story, please practice a bit before you present it and if you need help let me know! Please feel free to send me a PM or a /tell and I'll do my best to help out.

Rules:

1. Because this event is open to the public I ask you to please keep your language/behavior appropriate for the general public. If in doubt, just don't say it. No mass food fights and leg gear (pants, skirts, tights, lederhosen, etc.) are to be worn at all times.
2. Please be courteous and respectful of your fellow roleplayers.
3. Fighting will not be tolerated. If you or your character have a problem with someone, please take it outside.
4. You may get drunk but please remove your character before any vomit/clothes hit the floor.
5. /say is fine unless there are a lot of people in the Miner's Guild synthing at that time. Depending on the amount of people that show up we'll either go into /p chat or move location.

Thank you and hope to see you there! (^.^)/

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Spartle - 12-18-2010

SQUEEEEEE~! I wonder if Oria can be home by then..

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Zeah - 12-19-2010

Have to check my schedule, but I am very hopeful to attend. Work's got in the way of the last few events, and I'm very festive around the Starlight Celebration. :3.

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Dakki - 12-19-2010

Seraphine Wrote:no longer then 5 minutes

o_o If she's talking IC, then five minutes in Eorzea is five seconds OOC time! D: xD Kidding. Hope you have a great time!! Smile

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Seraphine Felstar - 12-19-2010

Dakki Wrote:
Seraphine Wrote:no longer then 5 minutes

o_o If she's talking IC, then five minutes in Eorzea is five seconds OOC time! D: xD Kidding. Hope you have a great time!! Smile

Hahaha!

<performer>: Hello every-!

<Seraphine Winter>: Great tale, now get off the stage.

Yeah that's real life time which is why the ( ). It's just so people aren't giving twenty minute speeches or anything. Five minutes is a rough estimate, btw. I won't stone you if it's six but I might be raising my eyebrow if it's been eight. Also, if you think you can manage it songs, poems, dances, anything like that is welcome as well.

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Dakki - 12-19-2010

Sounds absolutely awesome! Big Grin Could even live up to 'Full Cold Moon'. Smile Once more, good luck!! Wink

(Also, absolutely love your 'Christmas Signature', Seraphine. <3)

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Gossamer - 12-19-2010

I'm hopeful that I'll be able to bring Emelin to this. ^_^

Dakki Wrote:Sounds absolutely awesome! Big Grin Could even live up to 'Full Cold Moon'. Smile Once more, good luck!! Wink

The Full Cold Moon was an amazing event I know Oria spent a ton of time on. To be honest, I've never seen such an awesome event with give aways and everything. I'm just kinda throwing this together but I hope everyone will have a great time. I'm hoping Oria can make it so we can take our pictures together :bounce:

And thanks for the compliment on the signature. Hope to see ya there!

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Spartle - 12-19-2010

Seraphine Wrote:
Dakki Wrote:Sounds absolutely awesome! Big Grin Could even live up to 'Full Cold Moon'. Smile Once more, good luck!! Wink

The Full Cold Moon was an amazing event I know Oria spent a ton of time on. To be honest, I've never seen such an awesome event with give aways and everything. I'm just kinda throwing this together but I hope everyone will have a great time. I'm hoping Oria can make it so we can take our pictures together :bounce:

And thanks for the compliment on the signature. Hope to see ya there!

Are we both going to wear the pink coatee or should I just wear something else? Big Grin

Oooh! Hope that means you're coming then! Bring the pink coatee but you can wear whatever you'd like I guess. We can always go "change" XD

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Seraphine Felstar - 12-20-2010

I had an accident last night and ended up in the ER with a nice puncture wound and a broken ankle. I'm hoping this doesn't put a damper on things and I still have plans to continue but I might need a co-host in case I can't stay for more then an hour or two Sad

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Spartle - 12-20-2010

Seraphine Wrote:I had an accident last night and ended up in the ER with a nice puncture wound and a broken ankle. I'm hoping this doesn't put a damper on things and I still have plans to continue but I might need a co-host in case I can't stay for more then an hour or two Sad

EEEK! D: I told you to stay away from those high heels.

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Dakki - 12-21-2010

Seraphine Wrote:I had an accident last night and ended up in the ER with a nice puncture wound and a broken ankle. I'm hoping this doesn't put a damper on things and I still have plans to continue but I might need a co-host in case I can't stay for more then an hour or two Sad

o.o'' As much as this creeps me out and I fear for your wellbeing-...

Let me go get my snazzy suit! Cool Ahaaa, nah, I don't have one. *Sad Face*

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Seraphine Felstar - 12-21-2010

Just bring your snazzy self and all will be good.

And yeah, you warned me about the heels but they were just so darn cute! How could I resist?

Actually, someone left an AC adapter next to the bed with the prongs up. I turned out the lights to get into bed and stepped right on it.

Re: A Cup of Good Cheer! - Dakki - 12-21-2010

I'll try. Smile Not sure of the exact date you're doing this, but I get the game Christmas and I'd most likely be on Boxing day or the day after.