Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ (/showthread.php?tid=9108)

Pages: 1 2

An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Merri - 12-01-2014

I'd been contemplating making a post here for a bit, and ultimately decided sure, why not. I love meeting new people, and this might serve that a bit better than the occasional chat with a stranger in-game.

Merri's an adventurer, through and through. (Registered with the guild and all that) He also, however, has ties with the Garlond Ironworks as a magitek engineer and owns his own workshop. I'm not really after characters with specific backgrounds, as ultimately I just enjoy making new friends and acquaintances.

So, if you'd have a reason to want to get to know a seasoned adventurer, or perhaps are seeking a veteran magitek engineer for a consultation or other form of assistance, let's see if we can't get something rolling one of these days! The Rosethorne Ironworks is most certainly open for business, and Merri has never been one to shy away from an adventure~
[Image: G4DqQMo.png]

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Faye - 12-01-2014

I'm always looking for more people to RP with! \o/ I'd be happy to anytime!

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Aldotsk - 12-01-2014

Anelia can use some useful Magitek engineer to gain some advice and ask for several commissions. Count me in, Sir Merry ---!

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Gegenji - 12-01-2014

Hmm... Merri, I might have something that I could use your assistance in, if only in passing. I have prans for the future, and Magitek may or may not be involved. If you're willing, of course.

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Warren Castille - 12-01-2014

"Alright, Gran! Your rocket boots are all ready!"

Smash cut to the pig spiraling around and around on all fours like Bambi on ice.

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Gegenji - 12-01-2014

Somewhere in Ul'dah, a suitor is turned away with the words "When pigs fly."

Cut to Gran rocketing past, having hit an impromptu ramp in a staircase.

The suitor has hope again.

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Warren Castille - 12-01-2014

"You know, I think I'll donate a million gil to the Refugee relief foundations.

WHEN PIGS FLY!"

Show Content

"Will you be donating that money now, sir?"

"...nnno, I'd still prefer not."

Now I'm just wondering where Gran got that apple from.

In all seriousness, though, I have an... odd I idea I want to set in motion, and Magitek may be the way for it to be done. I can easily just attribute the work to Cid and the Garlond Ironworks, but getting to interact with more PCs than NPCs just seems better to me.

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - TheDerpCat - 12-01-2014

Count me in. Poki'a coudl go to a magitech engineer for tools that may proof usefull in his archeology adventures (and extra friends are always welcome or aquantainces)

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Xenedra - 12-01-2014

Oh, don't expect him to make anything for you. He doesn't want it to fall into the wrong hands and he's too much of a goody-goody ❤️.

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - FreelanceWizard - 12-01-2014

I have a feeling Merri and L'yhta could have some interesting conversations, given their mutual interest in magitek (especially as I figure they come at it from totally different angles).

And hey, if there's a raid to be done to collect parts from Garleans, that could be an especially easy connection. Smile

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Melkire - 12-01-2014

(12-01-2014, 12:48 PM)Xenedra Wrote: Oh, don't expect him to make anything for you. He doesn't want it to fall into the wrong hands and he's too much of a goody-goody ❤️.

Then explain the Tucopiss Tracker prototype. I lugged that invention of his around for months moons.

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Merri - 12-01-2014

(12-01-2014, 12:04 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I can easily just attribute the work to Cid and the Garlond Ironworks, but getting to interact with more PCs than NPCs just seems better to me.

Funnily enough, Cid actually doesn't really work with the Ironworks proper anymore and is only the president in name. His deputy, Jessie, took control after Cid kept running off on adventures and neglecting his business. That's actually why the Ironworks armor exists. It was basically a way to help the Ironworks from going under.

But yes! I do not think it would be terribly hard to convince Merri to attempt to make rocket boots for your little buddy. (Or whatever is it that you really had in mind, haha.) He loves attempting to piece together absolutely absurd concepts. But we won't talk about those misadventures here.

To everyone else, let's do it. Feel free to poke me either here via PMs or in-game, and I'll try and poke you guys, and we'll see what happens.

(12-01-2014, 04:18 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 12:48 PM)Xenedra Wrote: Oh, don't expect him to make anything for you. He doesn't want it to fall into the wrong hands and he's too much of a goody-goody ❤️.

Then explain the Tucopiss Tracker prototype. I lugged that invention of his around for months moons.

Opinions change! .....And it also entirely depends on what they want built, who they are, and how well Merri trusts them~

Note: Giving stupid names to his creations may have mixed results.

Edit: By not catching his sarcasm.

(12-01-2014, 04:26 PM)Merri Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 12:04 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I can easily just attribute the work to Cid and the Garlond Ironworks, but getting to interact with more PCs than NPCs just seems better to me.

Funnily enough, Cid actually doesn't really work with the Ironworks proper anymore and is only the president in name. His deputy, Jessie, took control after Cid kept running off on adventures and neglecting his business. That's actually why the Ironworks armor exists. It was basically a way to help the Ironworks from going under.

But yes! I do not think it would be terribly hard to convince Merri to attempt to make rocket boots for your little buddy. (Or whatever is it that you really had in mind, haha.) He loves attempting to piece together absolutely absurd concepts. But we won't talk about those misadventures here.

Did not know that... but that does make a good degree of sense. What with all the running around Cid was doing in the MSQ. Support your local Magiteknicians[sup]tm[/sup], purchase Ironworks armor! Laugh

And the concept is certainly an absurd one, though it may not be out of scope for some of the things that have already been done from a technological standpoint. However, considering the sensitive nature of it, it would probably be best discussed through Private Messages.

RE: An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~ - Dogberry - 12-01-2014

Just let Dogberry find out Merri made rocket boots for a pig.