Hydaelyn Role-Players
/Headdesk - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: /Headdesk (/showthread.php?tid=8993)

/Headdesk - Cliodhna Eoghan - 11-18-2014

Okay so I've been trying to color my bird for....awhile and I keep hitting every  color but the one I want. Starting with taking the "millioncorn yellow" route; I made it all the way to grape purple. Then on the last color shift for my desired color (currant purple) things got crazy. I got russet brown. .___. Then trying to fix it got me regal purple, loam brown, shadow blue (I think >.> ), chocolate brown, royal blue, abyssal blue, and now trying to shift from abyssal to rolanberry to get back on track(and feeding only ONE apple) I have landed on midnight blue. T^T Can someone please offer advice and or suggestions on how to fix this? I've attached the color chart I've been using for ref.
[Image: vBZmlD.png]

RE: /Headdesk - Lillini - 11-18-2014

I've found that this site has been really great for getting the color I want. I've been able to get my alt's chocobo and my friend's chocobo to the desired color from default in one feeding session.

Chocobo Color Calculator

According to the site, going from Midnight Blue to Currant Purple would be 2x plums, 3x valfruit, and 5x pineapples. I would suggest to feed all the fruit in one session, but stagger the amounts. For example, feed 2 pineapples, then 1 plum, 1 valfruit, 1 pineapple, etc. until you use up all the required fruit.

If it still doesn't work, you might want to consider feeding your chocobo a lemon to get it back to default, then using the site to go from default to currant purple all in one feeding session (but staggering the amount of fruit you feed each time, so you don't feed like 15 plums in a row or something).

RE: /Headdesk - Cliodhna Eoghan - 11-18-2014

Thank you TuT I'll try this tomorrow and hopefully I'll have currant purple! Big Grin

RE: /Headdesk - Parvacake - 11-18-2014

Welcome to the struggle! I stopped at Bone White and am afraid to go any farther lol

Lol thank you, at this point I would have been happy to go back to rolanberry red but nuuuuu.....I got blue and I'm not fond of blue at all. xD

Managed to get grape purple....too scared to try again for currant and mess it up so I think I'll leave it for now. xD Thanks for the help to those that replied.

RE: /Headdesk - Gegenji - 11-18-2014

(11-18-2014, 01:36 AM)Lillini Wrote: Chocobo Color Calculator
I wish I had this back when I dyed my chocobo on my main. Surprise

I managed to get to Snow White - which was what I was going for - through a ton of trawling through various posts people made on different forums, looking for those who had gotten the color and how. I ended up with Bone White, then pink of all things, and finally got Snow White.

I haven't even put thought into what color I want Chacha's bird to be. Maybe Dalamund Red, so he can run three times faster. That or Honey Yellow. Either way, having a calculator that can help with that bridge when I come to it is a godsend.

Also, nothing wrong with grape purple. Grapes are delicious. Thumbsup

(11-18-2014, 10:23 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(11-18-2014, 01:36 AM)Lillini Wrote: Chocobo Color Calculator
I wish I had this back when I dyed my chocobo on my main. Surprise

I managed to get to Snow White - which was what I was going for - through a ton of trawling through various posts people made on different forums, looking for those who had gotten the color and how. I ended up with Bone White, then pink of all things, and finally got Snow White.

I haven't even put thought into what color I want Chacha's bird to be. Maybe Dalamund Red, so he can run three times faster. That or Honey Yellow. Either way, having a calculator that can help with that bridge when I come to it is a godsend.

Also, nothing wrong with grape purple. Grapes are delicious. Thumbsup
Even with this thing it was frustrating to get even close to what I wanted. Still; grape is close enough for now and I guess I might try later on in a few weeks or so when I'm feeling brave xD

Dalamund red is pretty, my hubbie has that for his bird.

RE: /Headdesk - Steel Wolf - 11-18-2014

If I ever get to a point where I can afford my own house, this calculator will be stupendously invaluable, thank you! Big Grin

...though I'm perhaps a bit too enamored with the fact that my Magitek Mount can fire its weapons once more, so... XD

pew pew pew!

RE: /Headdesk - Whittledown - 11-18-2014

I had great luck with that tool. Got to Wine Red on my first try alternating fruits.

(11-18-2014, 11:24 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: If I ever get to a point where I can afford my own house, this calculator will be stupendously invaluable, thank you!  Big Grin

...though I'm perhaps a bit too enamored with the fact that my Magitek Mount can fire its weapons once more, so... XD

pew pew pew!
I used the choco shed at my free company. Hopefully you'll get a house soon so you can at least try it out....even if you do like shooting things more and don't use your bird often xD