Hydaelyn Role-Players
Matchmaking - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Matchmaking (/showthread.php?tid=8466)

Pages: 1 2

Matchmaking - TheBlob - 10-01-2014

This thread moved here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=8483

So my character Andralyn, "Grace", is a people person. She's a procurer, a madame.... pimp. She's a pimp. A great, lovely, wonderful, loving pimp.. but a pimp.

However she also runs a legitimate matchmaking business because "true love sells to spinsters with homes full of coeurl kittens", or something like that. 

Most of the RP I've had with her has been with regard to the prostitution business and I've always had it in mind to that I'd like to look more deeply into the matchmaking bit and maybe get something going with that.

My idea was that people would come to her, 'interview' and then she could start making the connections people are looking for. These connections don't have to be romantic. Perhaps you need a business associate that specializes in purple dye that would also not be great at remembering faces. As luck has it, Andralyn knows three people with work in purple dye making and one of them partakes in multiple types of herbs on a daily basis leaving his memory spotty at best.

Disclaimer: I'm not looking to instigate "hookups" and promote ERP (though what happens between consenting RPers is of no consequence to me. It's your $15 a month, toggle your knobs how you wish!). 

Consider Andralyn as one of Eorzea's E-Harmony sites.. er.. not ... Tinder?

Let the RP be RP and communicate with your partner.

After the interview she'll send a short blurb about the future date to the other and then help set up a meeting for the two.

Who doesn't love a crazy blind date!

RE: Matchmaking - Faye - 10-01-2014

Pahaha I love the idea. I wish I had a character who was single and ready to mingle, but maybe I can pull some strings.

RE: Matchmaking - Parvacake - 10-01-2014

I love this! <3

RE: Matchmaking - Lan Darklyn - 10-01-2014

This is an awesome idea!

RE: Matchmaking - Salinas - 10-01-2014

It's definitely bringing something new onto the table, that's fer shooooo~ (΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵) Wish Caelia had the guts to pull romantic notions on someone, though. Either way, she could possibly use this to find connections to help her on her search.

RE: Matchmaking - TheBlob - 10-02-2014

Yay! Awesome! I'll definitely work out the details and get something official set up.

If your character wouldn't use a matchmaker.... Perhaps their friend would and set them up. Hehehe shenanagins!

RE: Matchmaking - Melodia - 10-02-2014

(10-01-2014, 09:35 PM)ShayRei Wrote: So my character Andralyn, "Grace", is a people person. She's a procurer, a madame.... pimp. She's a pimp. A great, lovely, wonderful, loving pimp.. but a pimp.

However she also runs a legitimate matchmaking business because "true love sells to spinsters with homes full of coeurl kittens", or something like that. 

Most of the RP I've had with her has been with regard to the prostitution business and I've always had it in mind to that I'd like to look more deeply into the matchmaking bit and maybe get something going with that.

BOOM!!!! Guilty~! *Melodia grabs the handcuffs*

LOL!!

Oh.....and Melodia's single! @_@ So is Ruru!!!

RE: Matchmaking - Lady Rivienne - 10-02-2014

Okay this is fantastic and cute.

I encourage this idea!

(10-02-2014, 07:09 AM)Rurutani Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 09:35 PM)ShayRei Wrote: So my character Andralyn, "Grace", is a people person. She's a procurer, a madame.... pimp. She's a pimp. A great, lovely, wonderful, loving pimp.. but a pimp.

LOL!!

Oh.....and Melodia's single! @_@   So is Ruru!!!

Hahaha!
I mean..

OMGTFODIAFLIEKSTAHPMETAGAMINGMEBRO! Tongue

Thaaaat's how Andy will get Mel to leave her alone... get her laaaid! 

Bwahahaha!

I was thinking of just having a site dedicated to filling out some questions, ICly they would have made contact for services and were sent a form in first response.

But on second thought I hate the idea and I want to keep this with as much in-game RP as possible.

While I'm usually on Andralyn (or Daphine where I can also be poked!) and hanging out in the Wench, I think I'll be setting up specified times so that people can reach "Grace" and start the process. Maybe one night a week and one late afternoon on the weekend? And then of course if I'm ever on feel free to poke at me for some RP. Just walk on up!

Currently.... I'm in need of a connection with an... adventurous female lalafell.

*giggles maniacally*

RE: Matchmaking - Tempestwolf79 - 10-02-2014

Sounds like a very interesting idea.

RE: Matchmaking - Mercurias - 10-02-2014

To my immense amusement, I have an Elezen who would probably think this was all great fun. I'll poke you in-game sometime. Just...You might want to screen Solomon first to make sure he isn't going to scare off someone shy by being himself.

RE: Matchmaking - Melodia - 10-02-2014

(10-02-2014, 07:30 AM)ShayRei Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 07:09 AM)Rurutani Wrote:

LOL!!

Oh.....and Melodia's single! @_@   So is Ruru!!!

Hahaha!
I mean..

OMGTFODIAFLIEKSTAHPMETAGAMINGMEBRO! Tongue

Thaaaat's how Andy will get Mel to leave her alone... get her laaaid! 

Bwahahaha!

I was thinking of just having a site dedicated to filling out some questions, ICly they would have made contact for services and were sent a form in first response.

But on second thought I hate the idea and I want to keep this with as much in-game RP as possible.

While I'm usually on Andralyn (or Daphine where I can also be poked!) and hanging out in the Wench, I think I'll be setting up specified times so that people can reach "Grace" and start the process. Maybe one night a week and one late afternoon on the weekend? And then of course if I'm ever on feel free to poke at me for some RP. Just walk on up!

Currently.... I'm in need of a connection with an... adventurous female lalafell.

*giggles maniacally*

Surprise Surprise

RE: Matchmaking - Coatleque - 10-02-2014

I'm pretty sure I witnessed some of this last night.
I'm all for this idea! Though Coatleque would never... stoop... to such acts... of desperation.

Here's her mailing address:

(10-02-2014, 09:46 AM)Coatleque Wrote: I'm pretty sure I witnessed some of this last night.
I'm all for this idea!  Though Coatleque would never... stoop... to such acts... of desperation.

Here's her mailing address:

You did indeed witness the  RP that finally made me set my schemes into official action haha!

One day we'll actually get to RP with each other and not just in the same room!

RE: Matchmaking - DeleteMe - 11-28-2014

It sounds like there is a lot of interest for this service; what if someone started a thread on here where people posted what they were looking for and could then just message each other here?