Hydaelyn Role-Players
Good Day! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Good Day! (/showthread.php?tid=8121)

Good Day! - Foxling - 08-30-2014

I'm going to start this off by just saying that i'm terrible at introductions so, template usage here I come.

Hey there, folks!
I'm not new to the game of FFXIV, been at it for a while on Odin, but I got kind of bored with the rinse and repeat end-game-ish things and thus my adventure with a new character on a new server began.

As far as my RP experience goes, been doing it for a couple of years on LJ and DW, dabbled here and there on forums, but i've never attempted it in an MMO setting. I've seen how it's done, sort of, it's just starting it that's got me stumped right now.

I also have a vague idea on where i'm going with my character but nothing solid in terms of backstory yet. I've basically got character traits and that's as far as i've gotten right now. 

Anything else? Um. I'm one of those awkwardly time-zoned European players? So if anyone's around during the day i'd love to bump into you at some point. And everyone else of course but timezones. Bane of my existence, man.

RE: Good Day! - Aya - 08-30-2014

Hiiiiiiiiii! Welcome to Balmung! ^_^

I hope you have fun here!

RE: Good Day! - WanderingWordsmith - 08-30-2014

(08-30-2014, 05:43 PM)Foxling Wrote: I'm going to start this off by just saying that i'm terrible at introductions so, template usage here I come.

Hey there, folks!
I'm not new to the game of FFXIV, been at it for a while on Odin, but I got kind of bored with the rinse and repeat end-game-ish things and thus my adventure with a new character on a new server began.

As far as my RP experience goes, been doing it for a couple of years on LJ and DW, dabbled here and there on forums, but i've never attempted it in an MMO setting. I've seen how it's done, sort of, it's just starting it that's got me stumped right now.

I also have a vague idea on where i'm going with my character but nothing solid in terms of backstory yet. I've basically got character traits and that's as far as i've gotten right now. 

Anything else? Um. I'm one of those awkwardly time-zoned European players? So if anyone's around during the day i'd love to bump into you at some point. And everyone else of course but timezones. Bane of my existence, man.
Aha, another GMT RPer like myself! Lovely to meet you.

If you ever stumble across Averill between Ul'dah or Gridania, don't hesitate to drop me a line! I'd love to RP with you. Alternately, we could get in touch over here and get something organised? Big Grin

RE: Good Day! - Foxling - 08-30-2014

(08-30-2014, 05:49 PM)Aya Wrote: .

Thank you for the welcome.

(08-30-2014, 06:20 PM)WanderingWordsmith Wrote: .

Representing those GMT RPers. Admittedly the weekend sends my online time a bit screwy though.

I will be sure to send you a tell or something if I happen to spot you wandering around. But I wouldn't say no to getting something organised here too.

RE: Good Day! - Zoetrooper - 08-30-2014

Hello! 

Though we shall never RP, I do welcome you to these forums. I hope you have a great time. ^_^ And feel free to ask me anything fun and forum-like.

RE: Good Day! - Faye - 08-31-2014

Welcome to Balmung and the RPC, it's good to have you here! Big Grin Feel free to say hello if you see me around!

RE: Good Day! - Oroban - 08-31-2014

Welcome aboard! (And don't worry about GMT meaning less RP, there's tons that I've seen! I'm a night owl myself so I'm around a lot of GMT hours, and the FC house next to mine is actually an RP FC that seems to be primarily GMT folk.)

All in all, enjoy your stay on Balmung, and have lots of fun RP!

RE: Good Day! - Foxling - 08-31-2014

Thank you for all of the welcomes. If I happen to run into any of you, those who are actually on Balmung, i'll be sure to say hello.