Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt (/showthread.php?tid=7450)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Dogberry - 06-24-2014

It's been a part of my character's personal story arc for a while now that he's keen to grapple with Leviathan. However, I've put off organizing the event and trying to dance around the schedules of those involved. I realize now that if I schedule it, people will come. And due to the nature of developments in RP, primal hunting is very much a thing he is keen on.

But Dogberry is only one man. He cannot take on the primals alone. He needs able hands, fierce warriors, and powerful mages. Syldra's Revenge seeks brave souls who would throw themselves into oblivion for the chance to kill a god. One night each month, we seek out a primal. If more than 8 should join us, we will incorporate side adventures and coordinated assaults to allow a variety of RP situations. The plan is to run the Hard Modes of each primal, with special Extreme modes thrown in occasionally for extra challenge and higher IC stakes.

I'm shooting for a regular schedule of the last Sunday night of the month, starting this weekend if there's interest. I certainly hope there is. I want the event to be a space for each player to use in their own RP goals while telling its own story. One of ambition, revenge, and making maybe a few too many deals with a few too many devils.

RE: Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Whittledown - 06-24-2014

I suppose Hornet could give you one day a month.

RE: Guaging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Berrod Armstrong - 06-24-2014

Ohhh, I'm definitely interested in this! 

Berrod has been looking for situations that allow him to go all out (outside of a training environment) and battling against a primal or two would present the perfect opportunity! He's heard a few things that have made him hesitant to face Titan, but he'd be more than up for going after the other three. 

Other than that, this sounds like a great way to meet folks and just have a grand time.

RE: Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Dogberry - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 12:44 PM)Whittledown Wrote: I suppose Hornet could give you one day a month.

Just think of Dogberry like that unpleasant and bloody pain that comes along every month, but it only lasts one night.

(06-24-2014, 12:52 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(06-24-2014, 12:44 PM)Whittledown Wrote: I suppose Hornet could give you one day a month.

Just think of it like that unpleasant and bloody affair that comes along every month, but it only lasts one night.

And coincidentally enough, she blames both on Dogberry.

RE: Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Warren Castille - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 12:52 PM)Whittledown Wrote:

Just think of it like that unpleasant and bloody affair that comes along every month, but it only lasts one night.

Buh...wha...HOW?!

[Image: UmF4YJZ.gif]

RE: Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Stormwind - 06-24-2014

Primal hunting would greatly help Alexanders research, and fighting them on a consistent basis would allow him to develop a kind of baseline based on their power. Count him in.

RE: Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Hiro - 06-24-2014

Hiro could certainly manage one night a month as well xD

i90 PAL
i80 MNK
i80 DRG - On the way... have all the gear just haven't hit 50 yet, likely higher than i80 actually.

(06-24-2014, 12:54 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

Buh...wha...HOW?!

Anything can be blamed on Dogberry if you just believe.

[Image: 28323103.jpg]

RE: Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Warren Castille - 06-24-2014

After a brief investigation, it is my conclusion that this means Hornet want's Dogberry's babies all up ins.

Congratulations and/or my sympathies, Doggie.

RE: Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt - Stormwind - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 01:04 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: After a brief investigation, it is my conclusion that this means Hornet want's Dogberry's babies all up ins.

Congratulations and/or my sympathies, Doggie.

I have a feeling Dhem is going to take issue with this.

Good luck with that Dog. I'd suggest going to ground and coming up with a new alias.

If Hornet is really jonesing for Dogberry's genetic material, there's a certain couch in Endemerrin's basement that she can get it from.

(06-24-2014, 01:11 PM)Dogberry Wrote: If Hornet is really jonesing for Dogberry's genetic material, there's a certain couch in Endemerrin's basement that she can get it from.

*never stops vomiting*

So what we've established so far:

There are people out there who are interested in a monthly primal hunt event.

Everything is somehow Dogberry's fault.

Hornet is tsundere for Dogberry.