Hydaelyn Role-Players
Kudos! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Kudos! (/showthread.php?tid=7324)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Kudos! - Berrod Armstrong - 06-18-2014

(06-18-2014, 11:11 AM)Ciel Wrote:
(06-18-2014, 08:22 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Someone called in a report of an individual trying to collect a bounty in the middle of the Quicksand last night and within moments three of Ul'dah's Finest were on the scene to keep the peace. I only wish I'd gotten screenshots! Sarial, Lady Crofte, you two are great.
I have to second this all the way. The Sultanswarm was amazing! Also kudos to Sethaner and anyone else who stepped in, AND to the two characters who caused a stir. I sincerely hope the intervention didn't ruin anyone's plans but thanks for being such great sports and rolling with it.

And thank you to those who came by the Goblet for storytime afterward, and to Mykaul and Alexi for contributing stories!
 Ahhh yes, Berrod saw the start of this stuff and briskly made his way out of the Quicksand to avoid getting roped into any trouble. It's great to see that it ended up being enjoyable roleplay!

RE: Kudos! - Maia - 06-18-2014

(06-14-2014, 10:29 AM)Coatleque Wrote: I would like to recognize D'ranmaia Shenn, who I believe was the most interesting character at the Piquant Pumpkin last night. It took me a far to long to realize why she had that cane out. It's even more interesting that she wants to open a host club, and can't even see her hosts!

Oh, wow... I totally just looked into this thread at random and saw this. o///o I didn't even realize anyone else noticed her, haha. Then again, I'm terrible with chat scroll.

Thank you! And yes, being the owner of an up-and-coming business without being able to see what she's doing has been an amusing challenge.

*blushing potato rolls away*

RE: Kudos! - Melodia - 06-18-2014

(06-18-2014, 02:12 PM)Maia Wrote:
(06-14-2014, 10:29 AM)Coatleque Wrote: I would like to recognize D'ranmaia Shenn, who I believe was the most interesting character at the Piquant Pumpkin last night.  It took me a far to long to realize why she had that cane out.  It's even more interesting that she wants to open a host club, and can't even see her hosts!

Oh, wow... I totally just looked into this thread at random and saw this. o///o I didn't even realize anyone else noticed her, haha. Then again, I'm terrible with chat scroll.

Thank you! And yes, being the owner of an up-and-coming business without being able to see what she's doing has been an amusing challenge.

*blushing potato rolls away*
Wait you want to open a business too? Ruru is considering the same thing (but a different business altogether) in Limsa soon! Big Grin  *raises glass* Cheers!

RE: Kudos! - Maia - 06-18-2014

(06-18-2014, 02:16 PM)Rurutani Wrote: Wait you want to open a business too? Ruru is considering the same thing (but a different business altogether) in Limsa soon! Big Grin  *raises glass* Cheers!

Best of luck to us both! And may they yield bounteous troves of RP in the not-too-distant future!

Also, while I'm here, I'd like to give kudos to everyone involved in the Piquant Pumpkin event. I loved the atmosphere, uniforms, and the little details like the bats and menu! (Halloween is my favorite holiday in RL, to the point where my kitchen is Halloween themed, so there's some squee-ing there.) Very well put together, Gus & Co.!

Kudos to Dresden for going along with my character's idea (theoretically), despite the fact that she delivered it in the most brow-raisingly suspicious way possible.

And also to Sethaner (? Please correct me if I'm remembering the wrong name) for emoting an intimidating loom, only for its victim to be sadly oblivious. I was amused. XD

And to Missha, who prompted me to stay far longer than I intended with pleasant conversation and 5-Star customer service! ♥

RE: Kudos! - Askier - 06-19-2014

Kudos for Alexie Volkov and his player for being one of the most ominous characters I've encountered. Alexie uses very short sentences when speaking IC but each one is well written and powerful.  It's impressive how much he conveys through such direct speech patterns, which are always in a Russian accent which makes it more enjoyable to read.

RE: Kudos! - Askier - 06-22-2014

Had to add this, kudos to Roen for the awesome recap of an rp we did in her "Secong Hand Faith" posts. She took the log of our event and turned them into basically a short novel. I re-read them and immensely enjoyed the way she restructured everything to make it such an enjoyable read. Thank you for taking the time to do that Roen. Big Grin

Ps Thank you for fixing my spelling errors.... XD 

Lol.

RE: Kudos! - Aya - 06-22-2014

Can I also give kudos to Roen for the recap?  And to those involved in the riveting RP Smile

RE: Kudos! - Roen - 06-22-2014

(06-22-2014, 04:50 PM)Askier Wrote: Had to add this, kudos to Roen for the awesome recap of an rp we did in her "Secong Hand Faith" posts. She took the log of our event and turned them into basically a short novel. I re-read them and immensely enjoyed the way she restructured everything to make it such an enjoyable read. Thank you for taking the time to do that Roen. Big Grin

Ps Thank you for fixing my spelling errors.... XD 

Lol.
That post says it all, Askier. *tries to edit one more spelling error*

Tongue

I KID! (kinda) (okay not really)

Thanks for the positive feedbacks! I enjoyed telling what happened. Good stuff! Kudos to the players for giving me great material!

RE: Kudos! - Kage - 06-23-2014

(06-22-2014, 06:07 PM)Roen Wrote:
(06-22-2014, 04:50 PM)Askier Wrote: Ps Thank you for fixing my spelling errors.... XD 
That post says it all, Askier. *tries to edit one more spelling error*

Tongue

I KID! (kinda) (okay not really)
She isn't kidding. <3

I want to thank everyone last night for the brilliant RP I was able to partake in.

Roen Deneith: Without you this wouldn't have happened. I blame you. <3 That last part made my heart drop but then I realized it was even better. I mean really, Lolorito can't sign on amnesty but the "evidence" is better anyway! Also, Roen makes a great Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Judge. I would have said you should have worn your Sultansworn AF outfit but then some people might have thought you were IC...

Natalie Mcbeef: I almost wish you hadn't asked me what I thought about Kage in red but I don't. Because oh god has this been super enjoyable. I'm still super excited and jumpy and I only had 4 hours of sleep. I have a big grin on my face at work and you know how grumpy I am at work.

JAMESON TAEROS: You who are very Ul'dah. You know who you are. You are wonderful. Even if I want to punch Jameson and his foppy hat. And it's my hat!

Gharen Wolfsong: You were able and willing to login on something that literally just popped into mind on a sea breeze filled Saturday morning. And sit there while we slowly made our way to Gharen. ;p

Osric Melkire: What can I say? You are awesome! Your muscle memory habits are contagious. Hold yourself back man! Thank you for the very short notice. >.> I hadn't had much time to see if you were on and able to dedicate hours into a breakout but I also forgot to ask. >.<; Mea culpa. Thank you for coming and for your help!

Coatleque Crofte: I know you probably were really bored as we slowly made our way every where. Thank you for your presence! Time will tell what has happened with it!

Alexei: If nothing works out for Kage, as heartbreaking it may be, they should make up a team of Free Paladin mercs together. How does that work out?

Naz: You're not here but I love you. You and Osric are so mean to Kage ; ; But also a lifesaver <3 Stop being so fashion-sensible by the way. I'm jealous.

RE: Kudos! - Coatleque - 06-23-2014

(06-23-2014, 09:48 AM)ExKage Wrote: Coatleque Crofte: I know you probably were really bored as we slowly made our way every where. Thank you for your presence! Time will tell what has happened with it!

Bored? Never! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. And I loved Alexei's comments over linkshell the whole time, which you sadly didn't get to hear. I tried to play the stoic observer as Osric's backup. And Jameson, I suppose we'll be having that drink soon now.

But I need to give my own Kudos as well. Little did the rest of you know, Coatleque was involved in a rather humorous exchange outside the Quicksand. It's why she was late to the party. I will be documenting it in my chronicles later when I have time.

Those involved, Otto Vann, and Witchbane Ceii, thank you. Otto, enjoy the 18k free gil Big Grin You both had no idea you were holding up a Sultansworn from official business at the time!

RE: Kudos! - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-23-2014

I wanna just echo what everyone else said and say last night was pretty cool. Too often 'GM style' encounters with large numbers of people get bogged down, but Roen helped keep it smooth and let us focus on the RP. There was a lot of good characterization from everyone, and I'm loving the interactions with Ser Crofte. It's making nat realize why people often disliked her position. You can't help but resent someone up high when you're stuck down in the mud.

RE: Kudos! - Zhavi - 06-24-2014

Goodfellow.

Somehow that thread has gotten longer than many of my threads that have been going on for years on other sites. Thanks for being so quick to respond, and for responding so favorably to that probably very awkward first pm I sent you. I think you're the only one from that first batch of pms I sent out back in March who's still actively posting with me. Plus you're an awesome writer and you're cool beans. That thread is the bee's knees and I can't wait to see what happens. Ehehehehe.

ShayRei.

You plotted with me. I love people who plot with me. And then you let me get carried away, which maybe you shouldn't have but you did anyway and so <3.

(and to the rest of Heaven's Gate who are all really quite smashing. RP with them if you get the chance, whoever happens to read this)

Rurutani.

You let me hijack your character and are just really, really refreshing. Don't doubt your writing ability, just roll with it. Smile

D & Del.

You put up with me, and that deserves its own special level of recognition. >> Plus, I mean, patience! RP follows. Thank you for allowing me to rp with your characters and drag them into shenanigans. Sorry the rp has been so slow!

Osric.

How the hell you keep up with everything, I don't know. I used to play this game with my sister back when we were in elementary school where we'd take a bunch of rubber balls and just throw them against the kitchen floor, and then watch them rebound off the cabinets. You remind me of that. Assuming the balls are all the plots you're interacting with. . .or something, I don't know. Chaos. You keep track of it. But thanks for responding to my awkward pm (much like Goodfellow) and counter-dragging me into shenanigans. I don't often get the rug pulled out from under me in rp, but you managed. I only hope I might return the favor some day. >: )

Jager.

You probably won't read this, you asshole, but, well, you know. Stop denying it in your head. <3

Gray.

Reliable rp partners are hard to come by. Thank you for plotting, writing, and working with me so that our horribly mismatched schedules occasionally overlap in game, and for forumgoing it with me for everything else. Here's hoping to a long and fulfilling rp partnership!

(also extra kudos for that week or two we spent raking our brains over the coals of plot and background)

Everyone else who rps with me:

I <3 you. End of story. You go along with me, and . . .well. . .you're awesome.

RE: Kudos! - Mercurias - 06-24-2014

Thank you to the nightblades for a memorable introduction of a known spy into their midst. Cool plot line stuff. Thank you to Si'lani for being the most adorable devil-spy.

As always, thanks to M'wanthala Krynn for the RP conversations. Thala always brings out M'sato's more human side past his usual social skills, which are the verbal equivalent of hitting someone in the face with barbed wire.

RE: Kudos! - Roen - 06-24-2014

Okay with a climactic scene looming on the horizon...

I just wanted to say Kudos to everyone involved. Even before I see how that scene will go, I wanted to say it.

Itar for turning this plot upside the head with your character. I never saw it coming.

Askier for the turn he himself had through the plot. Character I honestly never thought I would get to know but now I am glad I did.

Natalie and Kage, for starting this whole Brass Blades arc with me in the first place. I REALLY do think the presence of Blades (with their touch of corruption, even if it was forced on them) brought out the true flavor of Ul'Dah into RP. Even after this particular scene, Brass Blades arc will still continue and I think Ul'Dah RP is better for it.

For Crofte, Aya, C, and anyone else that reacted to the Blades in the Quicksand, Ruby Road, and streets of Ul'Dah in general. Because what good are corrupt officers if there is no one to react to them?

To Anden and Co, who never read these boards. I still give you Kudos for always be willing to let me drag you in for plots and NPCs.

Delial and Gharen, because I love you both. Always there to feed my creative muse.

Osric. Because he's Osric. Damn you Osric.

RE: Kudos! - Jancis - 06-24-2014

Really fun character Jancis has run into the past few days is Oscare Iono. He's a garish fella who is hilarious.

In what was to be just an immerse/relationship letter, it ended up making a scene in the middle of Ul'dah.

Good times!