Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Reminder about Respect - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: A Reminder about Respect (/showthread.php?tid=708)

A Reminder about Respect - Kylin - 09-23-2010

The last two months in the RPC has had enough drama to last the entire year for those paying close attention to every single thing going on. I feel it’s time to remind people about the number one forum rule. For the sake of clarity, I’ll quote it from its Headlines announcement.

Quote:1. Respect: Please respect all fellow posters and role-players on these boards. That means no flaming, no discriminating on any level, no god moding (see definition), no metagaming (see definition), no harassment, and no snarky attitudes. Doing any of these things will result in a locked thread. Continued offenses can result in the loss of posting privileges temporarily or permanently depending on the level of the offense. Disagreements are fine. Personal attacks are not.

We’ve had no problem with discrimination or harassment (as far as I’m aware). But the snarky attitudes need to stop. Now. There have been several threads these past couple months where people sabotage them and get them totally off topic, make snarky and/or elitist comments, or just downright insult someone else. This rule goes for everyone who registers on these forums, whether it be a member who's been here since January or someone totally new. The same goes for groups, whether you be a regular member or a Council member. Nobody is exempt from this.

Leading a democratic organization like this is not easy for me and is extremely frustrating 90% of the time (especially considering how I’m fairly anti-democracy as is). I’m extremely limited in the things I’m able to do. However, the forum rules are one of the very few things I have absolute control over. And I’m very tired of seeing some of the negativity and drama day after day, week after week. For this next month, I’m probably going to have a much more firm hand on this issue than I have up until now.

The game has -just- launched. We should be enjoying it and each other's company. I’m not naïve enough to think that we’ll never have drama. I’ve been in the RP community long enough to know that a drama free environment is impossible. Disagreeing with someone’s opinion is one thing. Turning something into a political battle, being judgmental, and/or making rude and condescending remarks is something else altogether.

We’re all here for the same reason. So let’s just enjoy each other’s company and continue what we set out to do: make a prosperous role-play community. Let’s at least try to get through a month without any negativity or drama. One month. Not asking a lot here. If you have an issue with someone, you can easily restrain yourself from hitting that reply button.

On that note, it's possible that we'll start seeing the "this game sucks" type of posts now that the game is officially out there. Thus far, people here have been simply posting constructive criticism about the game here and there. That's absolutely fine. Creating a huge stink before quitting is not. If you're going to quit the game, just say your goodbyes and go. We don't need to hear the detailed reasons that make you hate this game nor do we want to watch you try to take as many others with you as possible. We see this enough on Zam, Eorzeapedia, and Core. It will not be happening here and such threads will be locked without explanation.

tl;dr: Show some respect to your fellow role-players, whether you like them or not.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the length >.>.

~Cas

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Asyria - 09-23-2010

*hugs Castiel*

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Trizzip - 09-23-2010

Cheers to that ^.^

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Gavriel - 09-23-2010

:approve:

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Merri - 09-23-2010

Word.

I thought it was fitting. <_<

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Tyriont - 09-23-2010

I'll drink to that.

Hell, I'll drink to anything.

But especially that.

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Asytra - 09-23-2010

Tyriont Wrote:I'll drink to that.

Hell, I'll drink to anything.

But especially that.

That sounds good... Drink up me hearties!

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Vareal - 09-23-2010

Here-here on this issue, and no worries on the length Castiel; gotta say what you gotta say.

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Freyar - 09-23-2010

I don't mean disrespect here, but I don't recall too much of any real problem showing up. Yes, a few comments here and there were a bit unwarranted but that is all I can recall.

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Asyria - 09-23-2010

You probably haven't read as much as I have over the past few weeks, Freyar. ^^;
I took off the forums for a few days for that very reason. These things tend to happen when a community grows so fast and the game launches. It's expected, but a reminded like this is a good thing, I think.

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Freyar - 09-23-2010

Maybe, I don't know. I pop into a lot of threads now and again, but I don't see much in the way of "Aaaargh, drama!"

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Xzenivar - 09-24-2010

Castiel's post should be sticked :approve:

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Kejira - 09-24-2010

Xzenivar Wrote:Castiel's post should be sticked :approve:

I have to Agree with this or if not so at least put in a place where new people could get to read it

Re: A Reminder about Respect - Kashemia - 09-24-2010

:approve: