Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rendezvous of Stars - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Rendezvous of Stars (/showthread.php?tid=7070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 05-25-2015

We're still under the app freeze, but I hope it can be lifted soon! However, we're still quite active, and going to run our next Host Club event for the public this very Saturday. ♥

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 06-28-2015

Due to processing wait lists and such, we were unable to lift our app freeze until now. We have people who are currently on the wait list, and space is restricted, so I would ask the following of anyone who may wish to apply:

Please thoroughly read the application introduction prior to applying, to determine if we would be a good fit for you. This written introduction also includes instructions on checking back on the status of your application, so we can typically tell when people haven't elected to read it...

We heavily encourage website usage of our members, so if you don't like checking websites, this may not be a good fit for you. However, even if we're not the right concept for you, everyone is still welcome to come visit us once a month in our monthly Host Club public event. Thank you all for your time!

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Lamia Oakalee - 06-30-2015

Hello!  I applied to your FC yesterday morning and have not heard anything back.  When I try to go on your website to check my app the website isnt working.  Thanks, Lamia

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 06-30-2015

Hello, Lamia, and thank you for your interest in our LS and concept! We're very grateful that you're checking in on your application!

Out website, Shivtr, is a great service to us, but being a free site, it is unfortunately not quite perfect, haha. On a rare occasion it may go down for 2-3 hours, but I can assure you that it seems to be up and running right now. (Alas, such is beyond our control!)

I'll go ahead and send you a PM with an update regarding the status of your application, which we did receive! ^^v

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 07-04-2015

Due to the number of applicants we have received, we will be placing our LS under another app freeze until our current apps are entirely processed. Anyone who has applied prior to this message will be screened, although we process apps in the order they are received.

My thanks to our current apps for their patience, and my apologies to anyone else who wished to apply at this time. Hopefully we can open back up in the coming weeks (or days)!

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 08-11-2015

Our app freeze has been lifted and we are accepting apps again, woohoo!

However, I'd like to offer an important disclaimer about us in the spirit of fairness and transparency. We use our guild website quite a bit. We use it for coordination purposes, for scheduling RP, and even a portion of our core concept (the 'shared dreams' aspect) is 100% on the website. If you don't like checking in on or using guild sites, we probably wouldn't be a good fit for you. (But thankfully, there are many other RP guilds out there who aren't as reliant on such things. I'm just talking about our own!) Using the website is important to us for many reasons, though a couple of reasons are: the ease of inclusion and communication for our lovely EU members, and for staff to disseminate important information to everyone regardless of one's personal playtime schedule.

Also, please read through the introduction text that is offered prior to applying. This should appear before you officially submit an app on our site, and contains a sufficiency of information about us which can help you decide if we're right for you. ^^v

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 08-14-2015

Alas and alack, app freeze is back up due to the number of applicants we have received.

j;alskdjfalwerjcgggg

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 09-20-2015

Still alive and kicking, although still under an app freeze.

On the bright side, anyone is welcome to come and attend our monthly public event in the meantime. This month's Host Club opening is happening today, even! ^^v

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Solenne - 10-11-2015

Your recruitment status says open, but the latest message says there is an app freeze. Is the freeze still in effect?

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 03:03 AM)Solenne Wrote: Your recruitment status says open, but the latest message says there is an app freeze. Is the freeze still in effect?

That's a legit question! It's been kind of peculiar with us lately, but I'll try my best to explain.

We've been under an app freeze, it's true, but people can still put in an application on our site, at which point they go on a wait list. Right now, the average wait time before we can get to a new app is ~2-3 weeks (since our screening for new members takes a full month.) I understand that many people may not wish to wait that long, and I also understand that it can be a pain to keep checking in on your app over such a stretch of time. But! It's the best we can do with our current staff size in relation to the number of apps we receive, so [insert latin phrase here about life]. Wink

After we clear out the backlog of waitlisted apps, and are able to process apps on a more 'instant'/normal basis, I'll be lifting the app freeze.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope that explanation helped clear things up!

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 11-29-2015

*Flinches as she pulls the lever to the confetti cannon*

*kerfloof*

We're officially out from under our app freeze! Woohoo! *moogle dance troupe* MoogleMoogleMoogle

If anyone would like to apply to our LS (and optional corresponding FC), they are welcome. HOWEVER! I feel it would be irresponsible to announce this without mentioning a couple of things first. To be honest, there are some things about our guild that don't necessarily agree with all people, and I'd like to be transparent about them up front. It's perfectly and absolutely fine if we're not right for you, and we take no personal grievance if that's the case!

1.) We use our website. A lot. Our LS isn't just a Host Club, and a portion of our actual concept exists entirely on the website and not in game. Namely, I'm talking about the shared dreams that the marked experience, and the IC bulletin board that everyone has access to ICly.

People who ignore our website tend to find themselves routinely lost in the goings on of the plot or what's happening, and it's usually not a good experience for them! Staff also uses the website to communicate what's going on in the LS, both ICly and OoCly. We just aren't a good fit for people who don't like checking guild sites, as, again, we use ours fairly heavily!

2.) Our storytelling style is geared toward 'average adventurer types'. Our concept is more about ordinary people coming together under an extraordinary circumstances. People still have all of their job abilities as granted by the respective Guilds of Eorzea, but we don't really do anything hyper-powered like routinely taking down Primals or fighting Dragon Lords or anything. (Not that there's anything wrong with that! It's just not what we do.) Characters who are super extraordinary or powerful may not be a good fit with the rest of the group. The average character in our group would still consider Primals to be a deadly threat, and wouldn't single-handedly charge 12 fully-armored guards without expecting to be severely injured.

Of course, if a person is okay with leaving the superhero/Warrior of Light stuff behind with us and just RPing all of that with other groups, that's fine. We have a responsibility to our members to keep everyone roughly the same, to allow each member to shine regardless of what circumstance they're placed in. Our goal is to ensure on one feels insignificant!

Have I mentioned that we also use our website? Because...

Tonberry ...wE uSe OuR wEbSiTe... Tonberry

Anyway, those things in mind, we'll get to applications in the order that they come in (pending availability!) Thankye thankye!

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 12-20-2015

I tried to keep the apps open for as long as I could, but due to the absolutely insane number of new applicants, we're going to have to put the app freeze back up. Hewww! (Really, it's been 15 apps since my last message here, so we definitely need to take some time to help these newbies integrate before taking on any more.)

Unlike before, we won't be taking anyone onto a 'wait list' via applying and waiting on our site. Between the holidays and coming up on the end of our major arc, we thought this would be the best decision for now.

Apologies for the inconvenience! I'll post here as soon as we're accepting applications again. In the meantime, we still intend to hold our monthly public event via the Host Club, and that means that there will be a few new faces on the Hosting side of things to look forward to!

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 01-23-2016

Boop! Still alive and well, although not quite able to lift our app freeze just yet.

We do have our monthly public Host Club event on Sunday, though! Details and post link are on la calendar~ Cactuar

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 02-28-2016

Now that things have settled post-finale, we're back out from under our app freeze again! I went ahead and quoted the message below because it is still very relevant, and important for anyone trying to determine if we are a good fit with their RP philosophy. For example, IC Summoners are perfectly fine for an RP concept, but the knowledge, skillset, and Primal-hunting involved in unlocking those abilities is a bit beyond the power level of this LS's story.

In terms of lore, while we do bend the lore a little if something is "highly plausible," we generally stick to what has been specifically demonstrated in the game as a template for character approval. This can be a difficult line to describe, as each group has a different placement of this boundary. We'll always try to work out a way for a character to fit in with us if there's an incompatibility here, but we also respect and understand if a player does not wish to change, edit, or omit certain things about their character to get along with the larger group.

Again, this is not to say there is anything bad or wrong with ANY character concept, and we will review any and all with fairness and friendliness! I just wanted to ensure people were informed as to what sort of group we were upfront for the purpose of clarity. Happy RPing! ^^

(11-29-2015, 08:49 PM)Maia Wrote: *Flinches as she pulls the lever to the confetti cannon*

*kerfloof*

We're officially out from under our app freeze! Woohoo! *moogle dance troupe* MoogleMoogleMoogle

If anyone would like to apply to our LS (and optional corresponding FC), they are welcome. HOWEVER! I feel it would be irresponsible to announce this without mentioning a couple of things first. To be honest, there are some things about our guild that don't necessarily agree with all people, and I'd like to be transparent about them up front. It's perfectly and absolutely fine if we're not right for you, and we take no personal grievance if that's the case!

1.) We use our website. A lot. Our LS isn't just a Host Club, and a portion of our actual concept exists entirely on the website and not in game. Namely, I'm talking about the shared dreams that the marked experience, and the IC bulletin board that everyone has access to ICly.

People who ignore our website tend to find themselves routinely lost in the goings on of the plot or what's happening, and it's usually not a good experience for them! Staff also uses the website to communicate what's going on in the LS, both ICly and OoCly. We just aren't a good fit for people who don't like checking guild sites, as, again, we use ours fairly heavily!

2.) Our storytelling style is geared toward 'average adventurer types'. Our concept is more about ordinary people coming together under an extraordinary circumstances. People still have all of their job abilities as granted by the respective Guilds of Eorzea, but we don't really have hyper-powered characters who yawn while routinely taking down Primals/Dragon Lords/Void Ark/etc. (Not that there's anything wrong with that! It's just not what we do.) Characters who are super extraordinary or powerful may not be a good fit with the rest of the group. The average character in our group would still consider Primals to be a deadly threat, and wouldn't single-handedly charge 12 fully-armored guards without expecting to be severely injured.

Of course, if a person is okay with leaving the superhero/Warrior of Light stuff behind with us and just RPing all of that with other groups, that's fine. We have a responsibility to our members to keep everyone roughly the same, to allow each member to shine regardless of what circumstance they're placed in. Our goal is to ensure on one feels insignificant!

Have I mentioned that we also use our website? Because...

Tonberry ...wE uSe OuR wEbSiTe... Tonberry

Anyway, those things in mind, we'll get to applications in the order that they come in (pending availability!) Thankye thankye!

RE: Rendezvous of Stars - Maia - 03-06-2016

Obligatory March post that we're still active! Although we've already received 14 apps in one week so we may be going into another freeze soon. Dazed

Here's what our lineup looks like, for funsies with numbers:

Miqo'te - 25
Au Ra - 16
Lalafell - 7
Hyur - 6
Elezen - 6
Roegadyn - 1

Female - 37
Male - 24

*skitters back into her thicket*