Hydaelyn Role-Players
Chinese Rumors - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Chinese Rumors (/showthread.php?tid=707)

Pages: 1 2

Chinese Rumors - MereLee - 09-23-2010

So ... from time to time it is healthy to check on Chinese forums. Why ??
- Because they are the RMTs !! (well.. mostly. I know that there are 'legal' and 'fair' Chinese players).

But why would you wanna check on RMTs ??
- Because they are so into the game that they come up with few tips/hints that could be useful for you (personally interested in crafting tips).

So anyways... in this forum I was checking last night, someone said that SE implemented an automatic function that bans RMTs by their shout. Someone stated that a RMT was banned within 5 seconds after their shout.

That is great news !! As I got to see while in open beta that they where stupidly aggressive with their spam. It was not only one but 2 or 3 Gil sellers shouting their website at the same time, flooding the chat. And its so ridiculously hard to blacklist them when they are called Aflsadfe Pdafjfsdlk or Illllllllll Ffffffffff.

But then I wonder... What is(are) the Keyword(s) that triggers the auto-ban ??
I'm afraid that it can backfire for some 'legal' players.

What if someone shouts: "Join my linksell, visit my website at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mywebsite.com">http://www.mywebsite.com</a><!-- m --> and register"
or what if someone shouts: "Selling my supa-dupa-powepuff sword for 10000 gil"

I know, SE is not that stupid and mostly we will be able to shout whatever we want... but still... WHAT IF someone manages to shout the keyword, or set of keywords to trigger the auto-ban ??

Mind you, this is the info that I got by running the posts thru Google Translate, I cannot read Chinese. They don't say what the trigger words are or they might had been literally 'lost in translation'. This might even been an idea that someone was making up, not an actual feature. Still I think its something worth of commenting.

If you get to hear anything about this, please share just so we avoid banning ourselves by random coincidence.

--- More about China ---

According to Google Translate and the posts in those forums; SE banned Chinese IPs from connecting to their servers. In exchange, they sold a franchise (or whatever you call it... a server perhaps) for 'Chinese Only'.

I think that is an interesting and funny way to try to get rid of RMTs. I wonder how good is this measure going to work.

Re: Chinese Rumors - foxfirestorm - 09-23-2010

The bottom part is correct, as Tanka(sp) did put up Twitter he was going to do this.
I think the 'RMT's shot themselves in the foot back in the days of FFXI when they opened up the 14 day trial part of the game (cause there was no shouts/tell till then. I know this, why? Cause I was around that freakin' long! Now get off my lawn!) and then the sudden mass of them invading Open Beta. I mean-- Its Open Beta! Stuff is going to get wiped, wth?!

But yeah, so I think that final act like set a nuke on them, cause not shortly after was Tanka's comment on Twitter.

Re: Chinese Rumors - Freyar - 09-24-2010

Hopefully we'll see it clamped down, though I do have to admit it's a bit disturbing to see many American players starting to open up Gil/Gold farming shops as well.

I've gotten three messages today in about 4 hours advertising for one company. I doubt the "keyword" system is working as of yet.

Re: Chinese Rumors - Rreeth - 09-24-2010

Is there a command in game for reporting spammers? Haven't looked for it yet since I have yet to see any, but it would be handy to know once that situation does come up.

Re: Chinese Rumors - MereLee - 09-24-2010

Freyar Wrote:I've gotten three messages today in about 4 hours advertising for one company. I doubt the "keyword" system is working as of yet.

As in /tell ?? In FFXIV ?? ewwww !!

I was thinking that there is no search feature in FFXIV like the one in FFXI so RMTs don't spam us with indecipherable /tell's Dx

To Reeth:

Show Content

Re: Chinese Rumors - Rreeth - 09-24-2010

Ah, thankies Merelee Smile

Re: Chinese Rumors - DAISHI - 10-18-2010

Nature abhors a vacuum. If there is significant want of a service, it will find a way to establish itself.

Re: Chinese Rumors - MereLee - 12-02-2010

Oh I haven't update this for a while.

Lets see... umm... about 2 or 3 weeks ago I was told that there was a RMT shouting at Limsa. I didn't get to see it tho (not enough anima).

There was another thing but I forgot...

And then there is this graph and the rumor that FFXIV population will be reduced by half if/when SE begins to charge the monthly fee. Is looking bad.

(you better open it in another window tho)

Re: Chinese Rumors - DAISHI - 12-03-2010

I wonder about that graph. Grim if true.

Re: Chinese Rumors - Ghunzyr - 12-03-2010

Wonder if the trend will maintain given the patches and the ps3 release.

Playstation is the real wildcard. If console gamers embrace ffxiv, it could recover. If too many people are scared by the bad press so far, well we may go on living in a quiet underpopulated world for quite some time yet.

Then there is always the rare chance of a sleeper hit where ffxiv becomes the next hot thing in a year or so but is near dead for the six months or more prior. Although sleeper MMOs are almost unheard of if I'm not mistaken.

Re: Chinese Rumors - MereLee - 12-03-2010

Oh right! the other thing was that SE sold the Chinese ONRY server to China who in turn wanna sell it to Korea (tho Korea doesn't want it). So the rumor is that SE doesn't have enough money to maintain their online games.

FFXI will close soon (have anyone seen the latest update?, I can't cuz I canceled). Of course, they will merge servers and stuff first, but SE needs their FFXI staff to work in FFXIV. So then, SE has put all their money in FFXIV and it such a failure that is having a hard time to get revenues. If this keeps going that way, SE might go bankrupt (that's what Chinese forums say).

Here is the ... latest update?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuGo_8-uMD0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuGo_8-uMD0</a><!-- m -->

(sorry, I fail at embedding videos)

And the last thing... I'm not sure which was it but they say they have one last update ready to implement for FFXI for which they been working about a year... or maybe it was the one about the emotes... I don't get that part.

Re: Chinese Rumors - DAISHI - 12-04-2010

Square Enix may be a lot of things, but it's not going bankrupt.

Re: Chinese Rumors - Alona - 12-06-2010

I'm surprised the FFXIV god, Tanaka-sama, didn't attack this thread with his mutant moogle army with all the blasphemy going on!!!

Just kidding, some people can't help but get worried right? It's human nature.

edited: for typo.

Re: Chinese Rumors - Sterne - 12-06-2010

Alona Wrote:I'm surprised the FFXIV god, Tanaka-sama, didn't attack with thread with his mutant moogle army with all the blasphemy going on!!!

Just kidding, some people can't help but get worried right? It's human nature.

Very true - and also, by nature we cling to beliefs to give us comfort of an otherwise grim existence (ie Religion). And in this case, though it may not be bound by a bible, I firmly believe in the conclusion a few of us in Sanctus Refero have come to: "The population may decrease, but the people who stay will be dedicated to the game. That dedication will create a stable community that we will still be able to enjoy."

At the same time I also do agree with Ghunnzyr - the PS3 version is a wildcard. I think once everything is fixed and the game gets a second review for the PS3, it will draw a lot of players for both console AND PC.

Re: Chinese Rumors - DAISHI - 12-20-2010

Well with the recent news that Square Enix only made a profit of about 12 million this year, that sheds a whole new light on the grim status of their game development and their entire company, to be honest.