Hydaelyn Role-Players
Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Innocence and Avarice [closed] (/showthread.php?tid=6812)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Zhavi - 08-05-2014

The lass gave a little dip, her smile deepening enough to reveal dimples, and then she was off and away into the depths of the kitchen.

Zhi watched her go. "Her tits're pretty broad." She didn't mean to say it, really. It just sort of slipped out. "So's her ass." Okay, maybe that one was on purpose. Just a little bit.

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Goodfellow - 08-05-2014

Only the smallest hint of surprise crossed the roegadyn's visage as he watched the waitress walk away.  Slowly, dramatically, he turned fully toward Joz and said, "Nor ye a subtle girl.  But 's like ye say, 'tis.  Broader the target, harder t'miss, heh heh!"

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Zhavi - 08-05-2014

Zhi laughed. If it was just a little too wild and enthusiastic for what the small joke was worth, well, it could be put down to stress. But what could she do? Her job required her to bandy words with a funny man who, on any other occasion, could have been someone she used as a steady drinking or gambling partner. Her job also required her to haul ass to get other things done.

She couldn't have both. She still tried.

"I'll drink t'that," she said, nodding as the lass reappeared with two steaming bowls. It was impressive that they were steaming, considering the heat in the restaurant. Zhi wiped her forehead with the back of her hand, almost groaning in anticipation as the wench delivered the bowls and went back behind the bar to pull them their drinks.

She seemed to have latched onto Styrm as being willing to part with a few extra coins for an extra show; whether or not that was her intent, she leaned over as she set down the drinks. Her cleavage would be on Styrm's eye level.

Zhi lifted her mug to the wench, who asked "Anythin' else?" in a sultry purr. Aimed towards Styrm, of course.

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Goodfellow - 08-05-2014

'Bout time the girl loosens up a bit more, he thought at Joz's over-loud cackle.  He turned back to the bar in front of him as the server set down his food in front of him and looked up as she set down his drink.  He sighed contentedly; it was so very rare for anything to meet him at eye level.

"I can't hardly think o' but one er two things to be missin' jus' now," he answered her, "an' them not fit fer mentionin'."

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Zhavi - 08-06-2014

"If ye think o' anythin' fit fer mentionin', ye just let me know, darlin'." The wench winked. Then someone else was calling for her attention, and she sauntered off.

Zhi turned to watch her leave, mug already up to her face. One, two, three gulps, then she slammed it back onto the bar with an appreciative gasp. "Think ye might have a chance there, Chocobo." There was foam on her upper lip. She wiped it off with the back of her hand.

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Goodfellow - 08-06-2014

"Heh, ye may be right there, Jozzie," he said with a smile as he raised his bowl to his nose and inhaled deeply.  The fish and the spices filled his nostrils and he immediately put his lips to the edge, tipped his head back, and drank deeply of the broth.  The smell became taste and he took another swallow.  "Not bad, that.  But if ye e'er want fer some real spice, 'ave Taru whip ye up summut.  'At's a man ne'er met a food what didn't need to burn more."

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Zhavi - 08-07-2014

The reminder cooled her eagerness. She abandoned the mug for the bowl. She was well acquainted with bargain-priced fish, and with varying recipes -- this bouillabaisse was not in any way, shape, or form traditional. Except in its dual heat. Cheap ingredients, likely bargain ingredients, had been used. But whatever Zhavi was, it wasn't someone very picky when it came to food. She slurped it enthusiastically, uncaring of the splatter on counter, chin, or clothes. When she put it down, a full third was gone.

There was a ring of orange-red broth around her mouth. She wiped at it, again, with the back of her hand.

"Can't say I woulda thought him fer that. Figured a man like hisself would go fer practical an' bland."

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Goodfellow - 08-07-2014

"Bit o' wisdom fer ye, Jozzie: 's best not t'assume ye know Taru, not really.  Seems half the time t'be figurin' out 'is own self!"  He took another great slurp from the bowl and a long drag from his mug.  He set it down and stifled a belch, then said, "We can't all be knowin' ourselves through an' through, like ye an' I.  Other folk ain't so blessed as all that, no matter how high they can stack their books."

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Zhavi - 08-07-2014

Zhi'd been hoping for information -- figured Styrm would go all thoughtful on her now. She shrugged for him. "Takin' th'measure o'someone else 'swhat kept me alive. Sometimes I get it wrong." Another shrug. She returned to her bowl, lingering over it.

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Goodfellow - 08-07-2014

Styrm sat silent a moment considering Joz and her words.

"Pffft!" he exclaimed as that familiar grin broke out across his face.  "Ye're tricky, girlie.  All grins an' jibes one moment an'...an'...an' heavy jus' the next," he said.  He smacked her lightly, carefully on the back and nodded to the bowl.  "Now eat up, seein' as ye were in some sort o' hurry back there."  And he threw his head back in the direction they had come from.

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Zhavi - 08-08-2014

Finish and get out, Zhi's instincts told her in no uncertain terms. Styrm's changes of mood put her on edge. One moment he was lulling her with his easy manner, and then he was reminding her that in an instant he might turn on her.

Another shrug, as lowtown opaque as she could make it. Her grin might have been just side of shaky, but that could be put off on the heat. Seriously, she was dying in it.

But she didn't want to look like she was hurrying. Joz surely wouldn't have anywhere to be. Not unless it was to go for the market's leavings -- they were cheapest in the evening, after all the good food had been bought up. "What 'bout yerself? Got somewhere t'be?"

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Goodfellow - 08-08-2014

Styrm's gaze drifted over to the server across the room.  "Aye, I may jus'."  Hot though it was, distracted though he was, lackadaisical layabout though he could be, he felt that he saw something in Joz, something jittery.  Bah, he thought, probably jus' the heat.

"Not til later, though," he said.  "Now?  Now I'm sharin' a meal with me good pal Jozzie."  He nudged her again then returned to his food.

Good pal.

He kept repeating variations on the same thing. It got under her skin, made her even more nervous. She slurped at her bowl again, avoiding the cracked mussels; they smelled half-sour under the heavy odor of the broth. She didn't fancy a stomachache, not under the current situation (though gods knew she'd eaten food gone bad before).

She finished her drink, gave him a bright smile as she hopped off the stool.

Get out get out get out get out.

"Good luck wi' hittin' th'broadside," she said in a loud whisper, giving him a wink before turning away.

RE: Innocence and Avarice [closed] - Goodfellow - 08-08-2014

"Not gonna finish yer food?" he asked as she turned to go.  "'Sides, pretty girl like that won't be done workin' til late; they'll 'ave 'er workin' the busy shift."

Zhi turned back, inched closer to Styrm. "Th'shellfish's bad. Smells sour." She looked over to Styrm's bowl. "Might be havin' a stomachache later, hey?" She shrugged (it was like she couldn't stop) and pulled her lips to the side in a wry half-smile. "Ye ate 'em afore I could warn ye."