Hydaelyn Role-Players
A (tentative) hello from a newcomer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A (tentative) hello from a newcomer (/showthread.php?tid=6625)

A (tentative) hello from a newcomer - W'Saevia - 03-12-2014

Hello all, and pleasure to introduce myself to you all!

Writing this is proving challenging, I'm quite a nervous person and find introducing myself tough, but here goes.

MMORPG Background/RP Experience: My first mmo was WoW, which I picked up a couple of months before Wrath, and played for a couple months on and off at times, never really being able to get into it. As an RP'er, I have been RP'ing for the last two-or-so years, starting first (and mainly staying with) Champions Online, then spending a time in The Secret World, and a short stint in Guild Wars 2.

Character Ideas/Info: W'saevia is my FFXIV homage to my CO main RP toon, but the name and white hair and the friendly nature is where the similarity ends. W'saevia comes from an island a ways to the south of La Noscea, the daughter of two Miqo'te who were survivors of a shipwreck, two of a small number of fleeing refugees. As a result, W'saevia has led a mostly sheltered life, (her memory of the Calamity being little more than the day the sky turned black).

Growing up, W'saevia showed an aptitude for the conjurors arts, and indeed aided the resident healer - and her mentor - in caring for the health of the village and maintaining the balance of the island. Shortly after her seventeenth birthday, a storm blew a small fishing vessel from Limsa Lominsa to the dock at the village; the first contact with the outside world since the first survivors set foot on the shore. Once the vessel was repaired, W'saevia, with a little urging by her mentor, elected to leave with the ship, with the intent to pursue her profession.

She spent a time in Gridania, studying under the Conjuror's Guild, before finally being sent out into the wide world of Eorzea.

How did you learn about the Coalition: Likely in the same manner as most people. After all, google is your friend Smile

What kind of Roleplayer are you aiming to be: Medium-to-heavy, time depending, since I work.

Anything from Real Life you're comfortable sharing: I work in customer service (for you people in Australia, that would be Big W to you).

I hope to see you on Gilgamesh, if I'm sitting or standing around feel free to say hi.

RE: A (tentative) hello from a newcomer - N'yxa - 03-12-2014

Hello and welcome to the RPC! I am very happy that Google brought you over to our little neck of the world wide web! And, I'm excited that you picked the bestus server ever Gilgamesh! You'll find that we are a very active server with our community growing every day. New FC's and players are coming together to add to our already giant list of genres for you to choose from! If you need some help getting around please feel free to friend me in game! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have and point you in the right direction to get invites to many of the OOC RPC Linkshells so you can meet some of the community!

Loving the back story for your character and I can't wait to meet her in game! My character I'm typically on is N'yxa Phen and I'm typically accompanied by my Kidragora (Ronald) so if you ever see me around feel free to just walk up.

See you soon I hope! Tonberry

RE: A (tentative) hello from a newcomer - Mippa - 03-13-2014

Go go healers! Welcome to Gilgamesh! I hope you enjoy your stay! I play Framboise Zakuro, and I actually have an in-character linkshell for mages if you're interested in diving into some RP sooner rather than later!
We actually have our first meet and greet this Saturday! I'd love to meet you in-game!

RE: A (tentative) hello from a newcomer - Adolar - 03-13-2014

Greetings, welcome to Gilgamesh! Feel free to contact Adolar Stone or Ghen'li Verah ingame if you're interested in RPing or getting into a few RP LSs.

Also shamelessly promoting my friend's FC called the United Blades that has been formed just recently. We're looking for all types of RPers to help it get off the ground so be sure to check this page out if you're interested!