Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview (/showthread.php?tid=6571)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Nel Celestine - 03-06-2014

http://gamerescape.com/2014/03/05/new-info-and-images-for-through-the-maelstrom/

[Image: FFXIVthroughthemaelstrom1.jpg]

Square Enix has just released some new information and images for FFXIV’s upcoming Patch 2.2- Through the Maelstrom.
You can check out the new images and information after the break!

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_01-1024x576.png]

Main Scenario: “Through the Maelstrom”

Long dormant forces stir,
their awakening a presage of night eternal.
Political unrest pervades the three city-states as the Scions of the Seventh Dawn leave behind their home in the Waking Sands. For the betterment of Eorzea, they have re-established themselves beyond the reach of those who would sway the Scions for personal gain.
Yet despite the Scions’ best efforts, balance will not be restored to the realm so easily. Ever do the mysteries of the Echo and the Ascians elude them, while the beast tribes rally with renewed ambition, threatening to unleash the wrath of another primal upon the land.
To stave off the encroaching darkness and pull the realm back from the brink of destruction, the Warriors of Light plunge headlong into the maelstrom…

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_03-1024x576.png]

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_02-1024x576.png]

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_04-1024x576.png]

Yugiri

Hailing from the nation of Doma on the shores of Othard, Yugiri and her countrymen have fled their war-torn home and the oppression of Garlean rule in search of refuge.
With supplies and hopes for survival dwindling, Yurigi seeks council with Eorzea’s leaders, that they too may call this land their home.

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_05-1024x576.png]

New Primal: Leviathan

The Whorleater (Hard) and The Whorleater (Extreme)
The Sahagin, reviled beast tribe native to the Indigo Deep, have succeeded in summoning forth their voracious god, the primal Leviathan.
How will the Warriors of Light stand against the might of the sea’s most diabolical denizen?

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_06-1024x576.png]

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_07-1024x576.png]

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_08-1024x576.png]

New Side Story Quest

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_10-1024x576.png]

Case of the Thieving Duelist
When we last saw Hildibrand─agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire─he had received a letter of challenge from a mysterious marauder known to duel his victims and claim their weapons as his own. What will this battle hold for Eorzea’s favorite detective? Who is this furtive fighter, and will he be brought to justice? The answers to all these questions and more can be found by joining Hildibrand and Nashu on their next case.

[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_09-1024x576.png]

Gilgamesh Battle
In his never-ending quest for power and glory, Gilgamesh─self-styled warrior of legend and collector of fine weaponry─now roams the lands of Eorzea.
When a series of events leads to confrontation with this formidable foe, you must prove your mettle or see your blade lost to his ever-growing collection.

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - allgivenover - 03-06-2014

Oh my, those ears are awfully suspicious in shape.

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Sophia_Grave - 03-06-2014

Hmm, did Thancred always have two daggers?

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Kage - 03-06-2014

Oh man those ears. @_@ I wanted to say some race similar to Bangaa but the face is a lot more... flat??

I wonder what the Ul'dahn company are discussing in that picture. Ul'dah? The refugees? Syndicate being upset with the Sultana and the sultanate?

I think Thancred usually had one. Now that I google it I only see cutscene images of him having only one.

I really hope the text about Gilgamesh taking your weaponry in a loss is just flavor text.

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Kannadi - 03-06-2014

Enkidu.

The green chicken's name is Enkidu.

Calling it now.

Also: Doma? First hint at a Samurai class, if I had to guess.

At first I wanted to discard Yugiri's possible new race being Viera, but then I recalled Feol Viera from FFXII Revenant Wings for the Nintendo DS. They are an offshoot of Viera known as "exiled ones". They have blond hair and shorter ears.

[Image: Jd9pnkU.png]

Yugiri still could be something else of course, those ears are sitting awfully low. There could be a lot of hair under the hood that makes it seem like they're coming out of the middle of her head.

Speculation is fun.

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Sophia_Grave - 03-06-2014

I thought Viera at first too, but she'd be awfully short for a Viera. Alphinaud is already really short, in that picture he's also standing back from Yugiri. If she were a Viera, Yugiri would appear almost twice as tall as Alph by that angle, if SE kept Vieran proportions of course.

The camera angle and positioning makes it difficult to tell how tall Yugiri is.

They are so good ad teasing their fans. :X

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Stormwind - 03-06-2014

Those Leviathan pics look incredible. I am so stoked for that fight.

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Kage - 03-06-2014

Would they be making the Viera-like race's ears floppy? I mean no race with 'larger' ears seem to have cowls or whatnot weighed down by cowls or hoods.

Perhaps for just this particular character they are.

Another possibility is that it's not a race we've seen before at all. Perhaps a dragon-kin type race, not Bangaa or the Amaljaa of course.

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Ildur - 03-06-2014

I place my bet on horns, because Squee hasn't covered the "horned playable race" checkbox yet.
Also, I think that they gave her the Miqo'te character model.

Mm? Oh, right! Everything else is cool and...other words, I guess.

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Lost River - 03-06-2014

We don't know until we see her without all that robe stuff on.

Could be a bunny eared horned person too for all we know.

But if it is a new playable race, watch it appear in 3.0.

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Erik Mynhier - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 09:42 AM)Apl_Juice Wrote: Hmm, did Thancred always have two daggers?

No.... Bouncy no he did not. Thief?

RE: Gamerescape Through the Maelstrom Preview - Melodia - 03-06-2014

Very excited by the things I am seeing in this patch. I would love to see some more push to crafting and gathering as I feel like they often get left behind in the decision to drop higher level gear and dungeons. But outside of that this stuff looks good.