Hydaelyn Role-Players
Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] (/showthread.php?tid=6401)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - Kage - 02-19-2014

((So I just really want to get to RP off the game and love the Quicksand too much is that too bad??... I say OOC OK but to be perfectly honest I don't even know what that means~ ))

A lone Lalafell garbed in gladiator garb sans a headpiece walked into the Quicksand, peering around the familiar setting. With the back of his hand, Kage wiped off the small sheen of sweat that had set in on his forehead after traveling from the Copperbell Mines through Black Brush to Ul'dah. It had been a long few days, some slow and some very not slow days for him and he'd needed time away from it all to just get back to training to what he thought he would prefer out of his life now.

Kage's head sweeped around, at first thinking that he would take his perch on the rail that he'd started to enjoy sitting on along with his friends but saw that there were a few Miqo'te leaning on the railing. Unfortunately these Miqo'te were not ones he was familiar with so he decided that he'd take a seat at the counter after ordering an ale or two. He gave Momodi a small smile before asking for his usual order. He took the tankard of ale to the counter where a few empty barstools sat. He set his tankard down before he plopped onto a stool. He took a large sip and sighed, staring into it. He closed his eyes, setting an elbow onto the counter a bit and rested his cheek on one palm.

"I really hope things don't get as bad as the last few days have been so soon," he muttered. He took another large sip of his ale and continued, "The anxiety that follows might just make me a drunkard. If I wanted to be one, I'd at least be wanting for some fun and not brooding over whether or not someone's life was in danger."

Kage's legs aimlessly swung forward and back as he once again looked around Quicksand. He'd always see some of the same regulars, almost always not having the courage to even wave in hello. Some days he'd see someone he hadn't met before but still wasn't sure of just giving them a greeting. Perhaps he'd see someone new or someone he knew tonight.

RE: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - Deleted - 02-19-2014

Kage would not have been alone for long as a small figure donning a purple cloak took a seat next to him. Kage could easily assume that the Lallafell that had no hesitation to sit next to him was a Thaumaturge due to the staff that was slung onto his back, with a crystal ball at it's end. With a gesturing hand, the stranger waved and offered a smile under the cowl.

"Greetings!" The Lallafell chirped out before he reached for his side to place a few gil on the counter, ordering a warm tea. It took a moment of shifting around on the stool and placing the staff to the side that Kakaru Icha'karu removed his hood. The features of the Lallafell could be quite odd to some as his skin was a natural pale, but the most obvious part were the colors of his hair and eyes.

Kakaru Icha'kari had heterochromia which caused one eye to be azure while the other was a dim red. Even the Lallafell's hair followed the color pattern as it was streaked with red and blue as well. Despite his eyes also being glossed over, it was clear enough that this particular little one was not a Dunesfolk, let alone someone that came from Thanalan.

"What brings you to the Quicksand?" He would ask, as Kakaru turned his attention to Kage while he waited for the ordered tea to arrive.

RE: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - Kage - 02-19-2014

Kage perked, seeing another Lalafell take a seat next to him. He had his own experience with thaumaturgy; a growing number of his friends knew about it yet it still was not common knowledge. He gave a small smile at the familiar garb and waved a greeting, nodding, "Hello!"

He noticed that the Lalafell was certainly not from the area; his features were quite striking. While Kage's own blueish purple hair was streaked with crimson highlights, the others' eyes struck him. He was curious about the others' origins but he wasn't going to ask unless something like that came up. He had secrets himself.

Kage took a sip of his ale and answered, "I like to come here, honestly. It's my favorite spot to relax, be merry, or group with friends. I mostly just sit over on top of the rail near one of the columns but there's quite a few Miqo'te there and I'm not familiar with them. What about you? What brings you here?"

He blinks forgetting himself. He extends his hand to the other saying, "Pardon me. My name is Kage. Kage Kiryuu. Nice to meet you."

"Kakaru Icha'Karu." He said as he returned the gesture with a grip of his hand and a firm shake.

"Likewise in meeting you as well." He quickly added in with a sheepish smile while he took the chance to look over the Quicksand, and taking notice of the Miqo'te. A brow would slowly arch while his eyes wandered about the Quicksand for any others that could possibly seem familiar to him, despite it being so very few.

"Oh! I came here because I have no idea where to go." He stated quite bluntly, "Th only paths I know is to the Alchemist's guild and the Thaumaturge's." He continued while thumbing over his staff. 

"Other then that, I find myself usually lost in Ul'dah which, mind you, is something that the citizens like to take advantage on." He exhaled, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"But, I digress. I have met several people who tend to give a helping hand then a sleight of hand." He paused for a moment as the mulled tea was sat in front of him. With a gleeful smile, he took the cup with both hands and drained it considerably fast. 

"To be honest, I find myself in this spot only because I had seen someone of my own... height." He chuckled, as he rubbed the back of his head. "I find myself slightly intimidated by ones that are graced with tallness." He seem to be half jesting as his lips curled into a smile. "So, I figured, 'Strength in numbers', right?"

((Apologies for the late and small, reply. Now I'm on mobile at work so this may be a teeny bit hard))

Kage mouthed the name, sounding it out in his head and nodding as he reciprocated the firm grip and handshake. He tilted his head curiously as he set both hands back on the counter, one palming the tankard of ale and the other his knee. He bit his lip and then gave a small grin as he rubbed his knee.

"I know that feeling. To be honest, I've made a handful of friends here in Ul'dah myself and they're all... well not 'snack-sized' as they call me. They're all mostly Miqo'te," Kage said as he rolled his eyes. He glanced around, seeing if any of them were around and continued, "so I usually stay or stand on the railing to keep a proper discussion height. Otherwise, looking up tends to hurt when you're doing it all the time."

He eyed the finished cup of mulled tea and asked, "Want another? I can treat you to one. I've not had many chances to speak with other Lalafell."

"Oh, yes please!" Kakaru beamed, "I assure you that I will repay the kindness some day. I tend to stick around for quite a bit." He said with a reassuring smile. He soon twisted his body to view over the railing and scratched behind his ear in thought. 

"Are you not worried that they call you 'snack size'? I mean, with the armor that you have on will prevent such a thing but...." He shuddered at the thought, "One Miqo'te by the name of Silent picked me up and used me as a pillow during her drunken stupor, but I fear what may have happened if she wants hungry!" As he told the story, his arms would flail about along other gestures to make it a bit more entertaining. 

From the outside looking in, it may have looked quite ridiculous when watching the two Lallafells while one flailed about like a fish out of water.

RE: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-19-2014

Natalie enters the quicksand, the tall female Miqo’te blinking as her slitted eyes adjust to the muted lighting of the interior. She pulls off her red beret, and tucks into a belt loop as she walks towards the bar. She rustles softly with every step, wearing copper coloured greaves over tight beige pants. Her torso is covered by a light bronzy breastplate, and blood red gauntlets sheathe her arms.

As she walks she scans the room, and her eyes light up as her eyes find Kage. She strides towards him and bends down, ruffling his hair playfully.

“Hey Kage! I’m surprised you aren’t up on your railing” she laughs and flags down a server for a drink, and as it is placed in front of her, she regards Kage’s companion. “Oh hey there, are you a friend of Kage’s?” she smiles and holds out a gauntleted hand, “I’m Natalie”

Kage grinned at Kakaru's actions and shook his head. He gave a nod to the barkeep motioning between himself and Kakaru and raised two of his fingers. He'd been here too much recently that they'd know what he wanted.

"Well, it's a good thing that I trust them. They're my friends, my best friends so I'm fine with them doing it." He looked around and not seeing his friends he whispered, "Between you and me, I actually like being carried around by my friends. On their shoulders and the like. If I was upset by it... well needless to say they'd know it."

He felt the sudden hand on his hair and tried ducking a little as he turned around ready to hit someone, "Hey!" Kage's eyes widened as he saw it was his friend Natalie.

"Nat!" He grinned and waved a hand around to any empty barstool around. He beamed at the familiar Miqo'te and gestured to the other Lalafell with a hand. "I just met him today! Said his name's Kakaru!" Kage turned to Kakaru and waved a hand at the female Miqo'te and said, "Kakaru, meet Natalie. Nat's a good friend I've made. She helped me start training to be a gladiator. I'd like to think we're good friends."

Kakaru frowned slightly as he failed to mention that he has not really been introduced to much of the different races. When the Miqo'te picked him up, it only made him feel like a wolf's bone and wasn't all that enjoyable. Though, he did managed to break out a soft smile but that quickly faded when Natalie came and ruffled Kage's hair. He reared back and held up his hands defensively while his eyes remained wide.

"O-O-Oh... I am Kakaru Icha'karu..." He meekly said as his features slowly relaxed, his hands easing down to rest in his lap. He listened to the explanation, nodding to Kage's words before taking ahold of Natalie's hand, giving a firm grip. If they were observant, the Lallafell didn't show any signs of cringing when his bare hand touch the cold metal from the gauntlet.

"So, both of you are Gladiators?"

RE: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-20-2014

Natalie smiles at the firm grip, "Nice to meet you Kakaru". She withdraws her hand and takes a sip of her ale before answering. "I did fight in the Arena once, but now I count myself among her Majesty's sultansworn". She finds a stool and gestures towards Kage with her mug, "This one seeks to join me..." she laughs, "Although I've tried to dissuade him from such a thankless profession".

She pauses for a moment as she regards Kakaru, "That's some interesting hair you have" she nods appreciatively, "It must have cost you a fortune at the Aesthitician". She runs a hand through her own sandy close cropped hair, "I'm probably due for a hair cut myself" she grins "Hey kage, what do you say, should I copy your friend's look?"

RE: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - Kage - 02-20-2014

Kage took a sip of his own ale and peered into the tankard before smirking at Natalie. "I actually don't think you've actually told me anything of the sort. If anything, you have been quite helpful encouraging any Free Paladins to help me," he drawls. Adding wistfully, "Not that you can get me to stop unless Papashan himself told me no. Or her Majesty..."

Kage blinked before shaking his head in refusal, "Oh no! No. Everyone's been getting a haircut. Your hair is just fine, but if you really want an opinion..." Kage trailed off as he looked around the room. He quickly scampered to make a stand on the barstool to ruffle Natalie's own hair and whisper, "You should ask C."

He eased himself back to sit on his stool before looking back at Kakaru. "I've only recently taken up the sword and shield myself. It's all very new to me. What about you and thaumaturgy?"

RE: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - Deleted - 02-20-2014

"Aesthitician?" Kakaru pondered out loud as his head craned off to the side to view Natalie's and Kage's banter. He remained pensive as he listened to them both as his body rocked to and fro on the stool before his mulled tea was set next to him. He quickly cupped it in his hands and held it in his lap before turning his attention back on the two.

"Being a Thaumaturge is indeed quite new to me as well, but I am somewhat familiar with Alchemy. Both have their own... flare, if you ask me." He nodded as his eyes wandered up to his hair, still wondering about what Natalie had said. He shook the idea from his thoughts and took a quick swig from the cup.

"That is the only reason I have come to Ul'dah first and not visited the other city-states. I had wished to improve my Alchemy and if I can learn a trick or two of magick, then that is just a bonus."

RE: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-20-2014

Natalie grins as Kage pats her head, “Do I have to clear everything with Kayah now?” she responds dryly. “As for your question, Kakaru, the aesthetician is a man from limsa who can do the most wonderful things with someone’s hair”. She sighs and rubs another hand through her hair, “Although in my case, he wouldn’t have much to work with”.

She tilts her head curiously and meets his heterochromatic eyes with her green ones, “You are a traveler then?”. Natalie her jaw thoughtfully, “You’ve never been to Gridania or Limsa either…” she snaps a finger, “Are you an Ishgardian?”. She grins and points to a Elezen lancer in the back of the bar. “I always thought they were a little taller”

RE: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - Kage - 02-20-2014

Kage regarded Kakaru's hair with renewed interest and bit his lip before rolling his eyes at Natalie. He wouldn't tease her about it anymore... unless something else or someone else came up. It wouldn't do to tease her so much... by himself.

Kage nods and replied, "To be honest, I have never dabbled into Alchemy itself. I know it has its uses but it's a little beyond me at the moment." Kage thought back to a previous week's events and glanced at Natalie before shaking his head.

Kage chuckled at Natalie and rolled his eyes as he asked Kakaru, "If you don't mind my asking, where are you from? Unless you -are- from Ishgard.."

RE: Night at the Quicksand [Open, OOC OK] - Deleted - 02-20-2014

Kakaru took thought into visiting the renowned hair stylist as his hands absently ruffled through his hair. He soon caught the stare from Natalie then at Kage, in which he returned with a sheepish smile when the questions were asked. He shuffled on his stool and took a thoughtful sip.

"Both of you are not far off, but I am definitely not an Ishgardian." He stated as he set down his mug. "Though, I am from the region of Coerthas to the point of the Ishgardians not assuming that I am a heretic." He pointed out as he drummed his fingers on the counter.

"As for me traveling... perhaps I will more often when I get use to the blazing sun!" He chuckled at the small jest.