Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] (/showthread.php?tid=6333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Raeras - 02-11-2014

Notice Our first even will be on the 22nd at 10PM EST at Grindstone! For more information please look under the 'How It Works' Tab Here!
Edit: Betting Circle OOC has been created! Anyone wanting to join in and discuss setting up different events, etc can PM me here or in game on Raeras Valhalla or Karaan on Karaan Nolan for an invite!

I debated putting this in my other Seeking thread, but decided it would be less cluttered if I just put this in here since it's a more focused subject.

Anyway! I've finally decided that Rae's former mentor (Laiat) delved in many side businesses, one of those being a Bookie. Taking bets on different, smaller events or hiring himself out to groups hosting larger events that needed someone to keep everything organized. So Rae wants to try her hand at it.

He left behind a ledger with names, money amounts owed, little notes, etc. So I'm seeking characters that might have a betting streak- ones that pay on time, some that might be in debt, etc - that would have used Laiat.

I'm also looking for contacts in general for her, people Laiat would have been in touch with, those who host such betting events on the small scale or the large scale- or are seeking to establish one. For those looking to start up maybe some smaller things I do have a couple ideas that could be fun if done properly!

Just drop me a PM, Post, or find me in game after 5PM EST ^-^

RE: Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Steel Wolf - 02-11-2014

I LOVE the idea.  I don't have a character that would fit that bill, but honestly making that sort of circle would be fun. 

...bit of a shame the Wolves' Den doesn't have a spectator mode.  That'd be an absolutely easy way for a bookie to be made.

Perhaps someone out there could arrange some chocobo races? There are more than a few areas on the world map that would operate quite like a circuit.  Hmm...I'll have to look into this.

Oh!  Sorry, thinking aloud...

RE: Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Raeras - 02-11-2014

That would be awesome if it did! I was thinking about chocobo races xD, that seems like it would be a big thing in the betting world. That and fighting rings most likely.

However yes! I think it would be a lot of fun if enough people wanted in on it

RE: Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Aldotsk - 02-11-2014

If it's an event and you require cooks and merchants, Arcadeus Culinary Corp. and Arcadeus itself will assist you gladly Smile

Working for Culinary Corp. also gains you some kind of benefits.

RE: Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Steel Wolf - 02-11-2014

I've been devoting a lot of thought on how to pull together a series of chocobo races.  Seems like running the circuits through enemy territory would provide potential for people to be knocked off of their mounts, which can answer the problem of having every mount run at the same speed...maybe?

I dunno. The logistics of such a thing is both exciting and daunting...  XD

RE: Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Kage - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 01:35 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I've been devoting a lot of thought on how to pull together a series of chocobo races.  Seems like running the circuits through enemy territory would provide potential for people to be knocked off of their mounts, which can answer the problem of having every mount run at the same speed...maybe?

I dunno. The logistics of such a thing is both exciting and daunting...  XD
That sounds fun~

I was thinking of horse races when the Horse Head event was going on xD

Choc Fights?! Nooooo

Alsotsk: I will certainly keep that in mind! And I apologize for the other night when I tried to contact you in game. I think that was when mom was pulling me away to work on my room finally xD but I'll try to get in touch with you tonight!

Steel:
That would make sense~ Depending on the levels of all the particpants, set it in an area where there's potential for some mobs to aggro at least to give some chase xD. I would total love helping you set something up if that's something you'd be interested in doing ^-^

Kage: Horses races would be cool if there was an actual horse mount xD...or...Unicorn races :p

Chocobo Fights would be like chicken fights I would assume, which would be sad D:

RE: Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Kage - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 01:50 PM)Raeras Wrote: Kage:  Horses races would be cool if there was an actual horse mount xD...or...Unicorn races :p

Chocobo Fights would be like chicken fights I would assume, which would be sad D:
People would just wear the horse helmets! Or unicorns. Horse helmets for slaves indentured servants I mean er...

Yeah T_T Except they're bigger. And differently barded chocobo would hurt more. (Ul'dahn crested barded things have horns on top!) Granted if these fights and races are sketchy most people won't care if that's also a thing.

RE: Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Karaan - 02-11-2014

I know they already have illegal "carbuncle" fight...somewhere in Limsa.

Kage: xD nice. and very true! I forget about the barded stuff. Would be interesting, but still the poor Chocobos getting beat up D:

Karaan: o-o...really? xD I've never heard of that.

I think a npc talk about it in the arcanist quest line, I need to find it ...and I will send you the place or the quest in question

Huh...I guess I really wasn't paying attention xD I don't remember reading anything about that.

(02-11-2014, 02:13 PM)Raeras Wrote: Huh...I guess I really wasn't paying attention xD I don't remember reading anything about that.

Well..I need to investigate....

RE: Seeking Betters and Contacts [Balmung] - Whittledown - 02-11-2014

Hornet might be involved with this as a bettor. She has a weakness for gambling. I'd be happy to RP in a situation like this some time Smile

Hornet: That would be cool ^-^ I could see Rae being like 'so..uh.. this here..' xD. We should set something up!

Karaan: Definitely let me know how your investigation goes!