Hydaelyn Role-Players
Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia (/showthread.php?tid=5937)

Pages: 1 2

Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Rickter - 12-27-2013

Non Legacy players:

Did you get your Phial of Fantasia at the end of your trial month and use it and find that you dont like what your changes were? Well i would like to share a little "trick".

There is a One Time Item Restoration Policy that Square-Enix employs and it is just that: a one time use (i mean, for the life of your account) item restoration service.  You can use this service to acquire another Phial of Fantasia.

I understand that RPers spend a lot of time when creating their character but even still, sometimes we just dont end up with exactly what we wanted.  with that being said, its awesome that SE gave out Phials of Fantasia and i stupidly used mine for a mere hair/eye color change (this is before i knew about the aesthetician).  So later down the road, when i started to take my character back story a little more seriously and started to come up with an idea of what kind of character i wanted to be/ role play - i just needed to change my race and features.  So i used this method and lo and behold, it worked and after around 9 days or so, i received a Phial of Fantasia in the mail. 

In order to use this service, you must contact an in game Game Master and produce a case.  An investigation will ensue.  I remember following up with them by replying to the case email at the 4 day mark, and after another 3 days.  i received the Phial today.

[Image: ffxiv_12262013_181427_zps78f79795.png]
[Image: ffxiv_12262013_182459_zps5795a2f0.png]

I just wanted to share this with the community here because i know how important it is to people like us to have our characters just right and i hope you all find this useful.

Thank you.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - LiadansWhisper - 12-27-2013

I'm not sure I'd use my one-time restoration on a Phial of Fantasia.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Maril - 12-27-2013

It should be a very serious desire for it tbh, where you just cant wait to get one. The one-time restoration will likely affect your accounts status overall, so if you are ever in an unfortunate situation later down the line (and that could be in several years too) it'd possibly influence what kind of help you get. 
I would imagine that they will start selling Fantasia potions as a service soon enough.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Rickter - 12-27-2013

i understand your sentiments.  i really do, and i contemplated using this service for a long time.  But as a midlander Hyur, i never felt comfortable in my skin and logging in everyday and staring at a character i did not want was starting to diminish my play experience.

My character is me.  it is a virtual representation of myself.  Thats how i play these kinds of games.

It was really bothering me that i was stuck as a Hyur midlander when i felt more comfortable as a highlander. 

I needed the change and i posted this topic to help those that are of like mind.

I fully expect them to start selling Fantasia potions in the future, but at what cost? $15 USD? $25 USD?  i saw someone state they hope it be $5USD and i lol'd.  Also, i had long time FFXI vets tell me no such optional service was provided and they were stuck with a character for 10 years.  I dont have a lot of time to play so i cant simply roll another character and throw away the titles and minions and mounts ive collected.

I understand that i may be in a tough spot in the future but honestly, what would that be? i accidentally deleted a valuable piece of gear? then i will grind the mytho tomes or the dungeon to get it again.  I think the grave atmosphere surrounding the usage of the one time restoration service is a bit exaggerated.  

in any case, i hope some of you did find this useful

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Naunet - 12-27-2013

Honestly, I find it really weird that Squee's policy on item restorations is so... restrictive. In WoW, you can submit for an item restoration once every 30 days, and that seems plenty reasonable to me. Losing an item is bad enough; no one should have to worry and fret over whether they should use their lone item restoration or not. It's not like restoring things takes all that much effort anyway. WoW's system is almost entirely automated (completely automated for items destroyed, disenchanted, or sold - if it's lost any other way, you have to have a customer representative manually restore it).

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - LiadansWhisper - 12-27-2013

(12-27-2013, 06:01 PM)Naunet Wrote: Honestly, I find it really weird that Squee's policy on item restorations is so... restrictive. In WoW, you can submit for an item restoration once every 30 days, and that seems plenty reasonable to me. Losing an item is bad enough; no one should have to worry and fret over whether they should use their lone item restoration or not. It's not like restoring things takes all that much effort anyway. WoW's system is almost entirely automated (completely automated for items destroyed, disenchanted, or sold - if it's lost any other way, you have to have a customer representative manually restore it).

It wasn't always that way.  The automated system was put in place to eliminate the tickets requesting for things to be restored.  9 times out of 10, if it can't be resorted through the Item Restoration service, they won't restore it at all.

It used to be that you had a very limited number of restorations they would do.  Thankfully, they moved away from that.  ^_^

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Naunet - 12-27-2013

(12-27-2013, 07:35 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: It used to be that you had a very limited number of restorations they would do.  Thankfully, they moved away from that.  ^_^

Yes, I know, but MMOs shouldn't have to all go through the same evolutionary process. When someone figures out something that works, especially on a customer service end, then others should follow suit rather than dragging their feet through the sludge of the dark ages.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - LiadansWhisper - 12-28-2013

(12-27-2013, 11:57 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(12-27-2013, 07:35 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: It used to be that you had a very limited number of restorations they would do.  Thankfully, they moved away from that.  ^_^

Yes, I know, but MMOs shouldn't have to all go through the same evolutionary process. When someone figures out something that works, especially on a customer service end, then others should follow suit rather than dragging their feet through the sludge of the dark ages.

Considering some of the other gaps in infrastructure in this game (ticket replies, the numerous bugs/exploits that have been being used by cheaters/botters/RMT), it doesn't surprise me that they haven't caught up.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - W'seckhi Asah - 12-30-2013

Yeah, I had to do this too. Being the whimsical idiot that I am, I used mine and went Elezen for some gods-unknown reason. Thankfully, my adorable little Miqo'te rage machine is back as herself. Thankfully, they're willing to undo the mistake once. I totally would have bought a second phantasia to change back. Oh, and it took like a week for them to get back to me.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Rinh Hallani - 01-01-2014

(12-28-2013, 02:03 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Considering some of the other gaps in infrastructure in this game (ticket replies, the numerous bugs/exploits that have been being used by cheaters/botters/RMT), it doesn't surprise me that they haven't caught up.

Doesn't surprise me either but it's still disappointing. In contrast, I always found WoW's customer service to be great. I even got a character restored two years after I deleted her. Oh and there was that guy who drew a unicorn to get unbanned haha. Come on, SE, pick up your game.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Clover - 01-01-2014

Um... if I disliked my characters that much, or if I suddenly wanted to RP another race, I'd simply make a new character @x@
It sounds easier.

It's never happened to me that I dislike my characters, though. any change I want to make to them, I do it when they've just created at level 1. I tend to test them in game, compare their heights, check their voices, delete and remake if there's anything I don't like. I take their appearance and personality very seriously from the very beginning.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Kismet - 01-01-2014

Some people do all of that and still want to change their character later on, though. Character death during RP, noticing that there's one little thing you just can't stand, wanting to try out something new, or just flat-out no longer liking the character concept are some examples. While not everyone agrees, I know that I personally HATE losing significant leveling/money acquisition/item gathering process made on a character. If they're like level 20 and below? No big deal. If they're maybe level 30-35 or higher? Yeeeeah, I'm not deleting all that hard work.

All of that aside, knowing that we only get ONE item restore, I would personally not use it on a makeover. I had friend who did it because he deeply wanted to and thought it over for some time. But I wouldn't, especially since we cannot purchase name changes yet.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Rickter - 01-01-2014

(01-01-2014, 06:33 AM)Clover Wrote: Um... if I disliked my characters that much, or if I suddenly wanted to RP another race, I'd simply make a new character @x@
It sounds easier.

It's never happened to me that I dislike my characters, though. any change I want to make to them, I do it when they've just created at level 1. I tend to test them in game, compare their heights, check their voices, delete and remake if there's anything I don't like. I take their appearance and personality very seriously from the very beginning.

i have 37 minions. . .

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Aldotsk - 01-06-2014

I see Rickter's point of view, and sometimes making a new character and deleting a character can cause a lot of risk of losing your efforts, gils and levels you've spent on your character.

As a matter of fact, making a new character has downsides too. Such as starting the story once more, doing those dreadful dungeons when you don't want to and last - reshaping your ranks for Grand Companies and earning minions, mounts and achievements etc etc etc.

It's really a pain.

What I can suggest really is to keep that Fantasia bottle as long as possible. Honestly, I still think SQEnix should offer name-change and fantasia bottle payment service if players change their mind.

But yes, using one item restoration policy is something important and people should becareful what they ticket. What if you lost your Relic +1 somehow (you can't really lose it) and you need to restore it?

Seriously SQEnix. Once per "Account"
Load of garbage and douchebaggery ._.

RE: Acquiring a Second Phial of Fantasia - Loki - 01-09-2014

Well here's a question; how long ago did you use the phial from the time you requested a restoration?