Hydaelyn Role-Players
Guns in 2.1? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Guns in 2.1? (/showthread.php?tid=5709)

Pages: 1 2

Guns in 2.1? - LeCard - 12-06-2013

So, I think they let something slip in the new promo video.

Show Content
Anyone else get the sneaking suspicion from this that we are finally going to get our musketeer guild?

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Trigonxv - 12-06-2013

As excited as i want to be when i watched the video the one using the gun seemed to be a boss in the dungeon, however this does indicate the animations and skill sets for such a class are there just not yet implemented on a player character basis yet. Of course though i could be wrong and get a nice surprise when the patch hits but i am not too optimistic of it

RE: Guns in 2.1? - allgivenover - 12-06-2013

I'd be surprised if we didn't get Musketeer eventually, but it really does look like that the adventurers are attacking a mob that uses guns.

RE: Guns in 2.1? - LeCard - 12-06-2013

hmmm, well at the least it shows they have done the animations for a character wielding a gun. That+ the musketeer guild already existing, maybe it means musketeer isn't far away?

RE: Guns in 2.1? - allgivenover - 12-06-2013

I hope so. If not at least they could package a lot of them together in the first expansion. I think that was actually mentioned in passing a while back.

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Merri - 12-06-2013

I think there's no question on whether or not we'll be getting Musketeer - it's coming. They've even gone so far as to include the guild insignia along with the rest of them in-game. (For example, you can choose it while designing a FC crest, along with the rest of the guilds)

They've spoken about it, and the community hasn't really ever piped down on it, so you can be certain they're well aware of the want for the class.

That being said, that is a boss they're fighting in Pharos Sirius, but yes, Musketeer will almost certainly be in-game at some point.

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Tobias Nightbringer - 12-06-2013

Bring a gun to a knife fight.

or

Bring a gunblade to a gun fight.

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Yumi Natsuo - 12-07-2013

I am definitely very excited for the future where we'll be able to have some kind of class that uses firearms. I can only hope that such a class comes sooner rather than later, I just can't stand waiting sometimes!

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Sophia_Grave - 12-07-2013

I realize its a pipe dream, but I'm really hoping for at least confirmation of a Musketeer in 2.1. I'm tired of making excuses for my Garlean not to pull out her gun and shoot people ><

RE: Guns in 2.1? - LiadansWhisper - 12-07-2013

(12-07-2013, 07:03 PM)Apl_J Wrote: I realize its a pipe dream, but I'm really hoping for at least confirmation of a Musketeer in 2.1. I'm tired of making excuses for my Garlean not to pull out her gun and shoot people ><

The odds of them adding a new job before an expansion are extremely slim.  Additionally, if they were adding a new job in 2.1, we would already know about it.

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Jomoru - 12-08-2013

(12-07-2013, 07:03 PM)Apl_J Wrote: I realize its a pipe dream, but I'm really hoping for at least confirmation of a Musketeer in 2.1. I'm tired of making excuses for my Garlean not to pull out her gun and shoot people ><

What's he going to do break cover to get more bullets?

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Darkfae - 12-09-2013

They've been teasing us with the pistols since 1.0 - I have an image of Claire from a 1.0 cut scene where you get to toy around with a pistol. The animations have been there, the NPCs back then even used them, though they were all non-combat back then. Merlwyb has been flaunting her pistols at us for a while as well too, along with other things she flaunts.

But yes, they're teasing us even more now. When we were designing a FC crest, there was a lot of "Why the hell is that job/class icon there when it's not even in the game yet?!"/"Why to c***tease, Squeenix!" comments happening. They're showing us the mechanics now, so it's really only a matter of time - hell, I noticed that at one point during the Lightning fates, she stops and shoots the Armoured Beast and my first thought was "Squeenix, that's not fair - I want my gun!".

It won't be 2.1, I really don't see them giving us that huge of a surprise even though it is close to Christmas. I don't think it would even be 2.2 or 2.3 since they've already basically laid out what's going to be in those two patches as well. I do think that they might be one of the first new classes/jobs to be brought into the game though. Especially after seeing those combat NPCs using them.

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Aleister - 12-10-2013

I highly doubt that it would come out in a patch. Stuff like new classes/jobs and races and such are mainly released alongside the release of a new expansion of the mmo game.. I've never seen a mmo release new classes or races via patch.

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Maqali Qulaan - 12-10-2013

(12-10-2013, 11:11 AM)Aleister Wrote: I highly doubt that it would come out in a patch. Stuff like new classes/jobs and races and such are mainly released alongside the release of a new expansion of the mmo game.. I've never seen a mmo release new classes or races via patch.
 City of Heroes released several archetypes (their version of classes) via patch. Early on in the game the Warshade and Peacebringer were released (I believe with the patch that also increased the level cap from 40 to 50). Much later, the Widow and Arachnos Soldier were also released, all for free. But then again, City of Heroes often released major updates like that for free. They only ever charged for two expansion type things- one which included FIVE new classes, as well as an entirely new set of levelling zones to play with (the Villains expansion) and another, somewhat smaller one that added a new set of newbie zones and newbie experience, as well as the ability to betray/redeem alignments to the other faction (the Going Rogue expansion).

If it sounds like I miss the game, I do Sad But there is precedent for classes, at least, being released with no strings attached via update rather than an expansion.

RE: Guns in 2.1? - Jomoru - 12-10-2013

That's not counting New powersets which came in all the time and are much closer to the bredth of classes in this game.