Hydaelyn Role-Players
Bulletin Board - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Bulletin Board (/showthread.php?tid=5431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Bulletin Board - Kilid/Torhe - 06-28-2016

A Small Announcement in the Harbor Herald

[Image: tumblr_inline_o9g6kuaLd91tmmn1u_540.png]

Translation:

J’Inarah Marad & J‘Kilid Tia

We add our wishes of joy and delight to their own at the news of the birth of their daughter, J’dimah Kilid on the 20th Sun, Third Umbral Moon, weighing 7 ponze 2 onz.  Congratulations to the pair of you!

The very same Sun, Kilid can be found engaging in very animated, very one-way conversation with a passing Maelstrom guard, and a post Moogle, both of whom appear to be on the verge of slipping into a very deep sleep; the Maelstrom Miqo’s head drooping and snapping up, eyes glazed, and the Moogle’s entire fluffy form occasionally veering off to one side before coming to with a startled ‘Kupo!’

“So, aye, as ah were sayin’, she’s got both our eyes, can ye believe that?  Ah couldn’t!  Ah really couldn’t’ah wished f’ anythin’ more fittin’!  ‘course, she’s already got ‘er mother’s good looks!”

And, in a hushed subtone, raising a hand theatrically to cover his mouth he adds, with a wink

“’though ‘avin’ a few’ve mine ain’t gonna ‘old ‘er back any, eh?“

Oblivious to the plight of his audience, the muscled Miqo lowers his hand and continues on, waving, pointing, and gesturing with more energy than is altogether healthy for any one man!

“Left eye, that’s ‘narah’s.  S’ a gold brighter’n Azeyma’s sun, ah’d swear! The right’s the kind’ve pure, perfect blue ye could only find in someone like yours truly ‘ere ‘til Dimah were born!  She’s got me own ‘air colour, ah think.  Looks it at the moment, anyways!  But she’s deffo got ‘er mothers skin, the lucky lass.  Oh aye, she’s the prettiest damn thing ye’ve ever seen, ah promise ye!  Or, well, ye ain’t seen ‘er, but ye wishes ye could, ah know.  Ah wish ye could see ‘er an’ all, but she an’ ‘narah are nappin’ right now.”

Glancing back towards the house, the shirtless Seeker sighs wistfully, a beaming grin dominating his features.  Sadly for the captives, Kilid’s attention is back on the pair of them before either realise that his attention had ever wandered, giving them only the briefest glimpse of tantilising freedom.

“Ah gotta say, the circumstances weren’t what ah’d’ve called ideal.  Ah mean... we ‘ad Velhi ‘url up in the silverware crate right afore ‘narah’s eyes, the silly sod.  She ain’t never gonna forgive ‘im f’ that, but she were already overdue, an’ ah think the shock, an’ that ol’ Inarah rage were enough t’ let Dimah know it were ‘er time.  ‘narah went int’ labor on the spot near enough, an’ a few Bells later, she’s a mummy an’ ah’m a daddy!"

Chest swelling, Kilid’s attention wandered once more, this time to follow the gaze of both the Maelstrom soldier and the Moogle over his shoulder. Turning his back on the pair, the Seekers smile blooms brighter, blossoming into the expression of a man who first found peace, then found something unquestionably more precious.  Setting off at a hurried pace away from the already forgotten pair without further word, Kilid meets Inarah, and the tiny, wrapped bundle of blanket that hid Dimah half-way across the sun-kissed garden path, embracing the ladies (And lights) of his life in tanned, toned arms.

Sensing their moment has come, the private and the post Moogle cast the briefest of glances at one another, share a nod, and flee in opposite directions.

RE: Bulletin Board - Parvacake - 07-13-2016

Over the years, Lili had come to adapt a philosophy of life that had grown far less cheery then when she was younger. It was simply: "life goes on". However true it was did nothing to subtract from the bleak undertones when applied to certain situations. When her eldest daughter, Dei, was found dead and nailed to the door of one of her former employees? She kept a strong face for her children...but shattered on the inside. It was as if time stopped. Like this searing, red hot pain that gripped her organs and squeezed would just render her insides into a pulp. She would simply drop and the pain would be over.

But it didn't.

Life goes on. Elonwea continued to grow inside of her belly. Ado and Mikh'a continued to play together, not fully grasping the magnitude of the situation being ones so young and innocent to the dark realities of the world. Locke was there to comfort her until the shop needed him. Sara, while quietly grieving, would slowly pick up the fragments and shuffle along. Life didn't stop because of Lili's pain, the pain of losing a child.

Life goes on.

When Locke died and the body was found? Numbness came first. An all encompassing numbness to everything and everyone, even her children. Even her close friends. Nothing helped in those first few days. Not even Elli crying out of hunger broke her as she sat in the darkness of her bedroom, clutching a age worn blanket to her chest that had once belonged to her husband. Olli would flutter around her head, as if checking for injuries that he could assist with. But she looked fine. Healthy. For her age, Lili was in her prime at thirty six summers and likely had a few more years left before she truly began to decline into the signs of aging.

She didn't remember how many days she had been in that room, curtains drawn and darkness prevailing. She didn't remember how much she did or didn't eat or if she did or didn't sleep. It wasn't until her son came home with his bonded and was told what was happen did his booming steps echo up the stairs two or three at a time. The door to her bedroom was slammed open and she almost recoiled from the light that came in from the hallway.

"Get up." He looked so much like his father. Tall, dark skinned. Blonde hair.

She didn't move.

He stepped closer into the room and kneeled in front of her on the bed. She was still clutching the blanket to her chest. He tried to nudge it out of the way but she shook her head fiercely. Clutching it more tightly to her chest like he meant to take it away forever. His large hands rubbed over her arms but she couldn't stomach looking at her son.

"Ma...look at me."

Her head shook quickly from side to side.

But...life goes on.

He eventually coaxed her out of letting go of the blanket. For the first time in days, he got her to cry. She slumped into him and sobbed, dry heaving with snot dribbling and far from a vision of grace. Then he helped her up, arm around her waist, and helped get her to the tub across the hall. Sara was already there like he asked her to be and she helped their mother bathe. Helped her slowly come back into herself again. A few days after that? Lili managed to smile.

While life goes on, it doesn't always bring the people we love with it.

RE: Bulletin Board - Star Lin - 07-20-2016

John finish packing, figuring that a day or two of clothes would be enough while he stay at Aethertide's house to have the siren's memories removed.  He place a book on medical herbs on top, in case anyone wanted to read over it while he was there.  Then he pick up the lidded box, which was heavily warded on the outside of it.  The moment he place Salacea's memories in it.  The wards would seal the box, only allowing him to actually open it.  He just hope that they could find a way to destroy it and soon.  He would have prefer one of them being with him but he didn't know how long it would take to remove all of her memories from his mind and how many times they would have to do it.

"I'll have to make sure that Khyran also gets rid of them from his own," he said to Kit.

'Not good, if get rid from you but she finds a way to use him instead.'

"Yeah, I don't want him hurt by her."  He sat down at his desk, writing out a short note for the others.  He folded it, putting down 'From John' on it.  Slinging the pack over his shoulders, he step out of the room.  He move over to the desk in the small room, placing the note on it, then setting a crystal on it so it didn't get blown off when he left.  He closed the door behind him, letting his fingers linger on it before he gather aether around him, finding the point that was Lisma and letting himself be pull to the citystate.

Warren, Howl, Sei, or whoever finds this.

I'll be gone for a couple of days, I hope, to have Sir Khyran help me with something.  Howl, you already know what it's about and probably you as well Warren.  If nothing unforeseen happens, then I should be bring a certain object home soon.  I hope by then we can work out something to deal with the object, permanently.  Until then, I'll be careful and please look out for each other.

I have my linkpearl with me if you need to contact me.  I'm also will be staying at Aethertide's house while Khyran is helping me.  Their place is Mist ward 12, plot 45 if you need to see me.  I hope to be home by next Grindstone.

May Thaliak's wisdom guide you,
John Waterstike

RE: Bulletin Board - Jancis - 07-28-2016

“Just as I enjoy your smiles, your spirit soaring, carefree, greater than any dragon’s flight. Tribulations upon your shoulders do little good for you.” 

The key turned easily, opening the door where Jancis had expected a dark cluttered room. 

The scant couple times she had stayed in the Forgotten Knight were the same: dark room, low fire, and many leftover bottles and trash as the room was suppose to be cleaned by the previous occupant.

This room was different. Brow furrowed, she called out with a curious greeting. An oil lamp had a low glow, perhaps she had the wrong key? No the rooms were empty, and there were rooms! Two bedrooms and a small common area with a worktable, unlike any of the others!
She must have been given the wrong key! Exiting and returning to the front desk, she was practically ignored by the innkeep, only told that keys weren’t just given out (and how absurd to claim it). 

With fervent apologies, she returned to the hall, looking about the other doors. Which one was Denz’s? Perhaps he could notice her presence. Her hand grazed over the walls, practically pressing her body to one as she paused, “Denz?” Came the quiet call, she didn’t want to disturb the other patrons.

Looking about, she returned to the extravagant room, sinking before the hearth, overtaken as to what to do at the late hour.

“Menphina, be not so cold to me.”

RE: Bulletin Board - Trigonxv - 07-28-2016

In a cave located somewhere in the Thanalan region one man sits bound to a chair blindfolded clearly injured and beaten. Another man sits across from him with the utmost air of indifference and speaks.

"Now now friend I believe you and I have been acquainted long enough that we can openly share one anothers feelings" The man said with smile although the blindfolded man had no way of knowing.

"You can shove it you damned hound! I ain't telling you anything, torture me all you want but I am ready to die before I tell you anything that wreak harm upon my people and nation" the blindfolded man said gritting his teeth through the pain the other man simply laughed at him and began clapping.

"I see this is the grand Ala Mhigan pride I always hear about! truly a sight to behold my friend you certainly represent your people in the greatest of lights in even this dimmest of places." His tone grows slightly more serious but also holds an air of mockery "Listen friend that pride caused the downfall of your own people and that pride has made your people nothing more than bottom feeders in this land who will do anything to rise to the top. My offer still stands friend, tell me about supply routes, caches, bases, informants everything and I will not turn you over to the empire, in fact I will line your pockets with enough gil to live a life of pride and luxury free from the empire. Despite the terrible circumstances that brought us together I am a man of my word and this will give you the opportunity to raise the alarm about my presence to help protect your people... you know as well as I do that compared to what the empire will do to you I am a god damn saint." He said laughing once more

The blindfolded man spit towards the sound of the laughter and yelled "You dog of the empire I will take no such demonic offer, my people will smoke you out soon enough and then the fury of my people will rain down upon your pathetic soul condemning it to an eternal hell, the Ala Mhigan will never fall to men of such small existences such as yourself-" his voice was cut off as the other mans hand was gripped around his throat.

In a complete flat tone while squeezing tightly around the the mans throat he speaks "There is always someone friend, and I make it a habit to find them. Know this friend I am very good at the jobs I am given and your people will experience that firsthand for many moons" he lets go of the mans throat and pushes as to make him fall over while still bound "This will be the last time we talk friend do enjoy your stay with the empire... and another thing I am no dog I am a crow" With that the man exits the cave and shortly after a small popping sound is heard outside.

The man gasps for breath and tries to break his binding but to no avail, soon the cave grows quiet and nothing but his shallow breathing could be heard. For the time the man had left he continuously prayed until he was gagged by the garlean troops that arrived to retrieve him.

RE: Bulletin Board - Ruran - 08-16-2016

Ruran lay very still in an inn room at Fallgourd Float. His suit of armor had been removed and stowed to the side, though those who had brought him respected the mask and kept it upon his face. A stranger or two had come and gone for the past day, bandaging the wound at his right arm and adjusting his blankets.

He had not responded to any of them.

When not asleep, distant eyes stared at the ceiling. He felt nothing. He had no thoughts, no emotions, no voice. For him, time stood still, locked in a single moment of absolute emptiness. Numbness seeped down to his bones. Like a puppet with no strings, he was broken.

Finally, at the end of a two full days of silence, a familiar resounding tone spoke into his drifting mind. The stone beneath the folds of his shirt brightened.

“Ruran… Thou art not yet finished with thy task.”

There was no reply. Ruran's dull, half-lidded eyes stared toward the ceiling, his mouth slightly agape with shallow breaths behind his polished mask.

“I have given thee rest. Go and do what thou hast agreed.”

Still nothing.

The stone gently thrummed, patient for a time and lingering in the silence. When it spoke again, each word held purpose.

“…Dost thou not wish to protect thy family?”

Memories flashed across Ruran’s vision. Pale hair. Eyes like the springtime. A child’s laughter of ‘daddy!’ A warm embrace. Sunlight. The smell of oranges. Fingertips on old wood. The taste of a woman’s mouth.

His left hand twitched. The barest hint of sorrow veiled across his eyes as his breath hitched with sudden longing.

“Then rise.”

Still distant and unfocused, he obeyed. His body tried to move on its own, driven by the determination to protect the ones he loved, but to no avail. He had no strength to lift himself. The stone at his chest was quiet…and then it flashed brightly. A vivid light pulsed from its center, like a shock to Ruran’s very soul.

It all came rushing back at once: Coerthas. A battle on the road. His eyes widened, and he lurched forward with a loud wheeze. Time finally caught up to him; it hit like a bag of bricks. He took large, shuddering gulps of air, as if he had been holding his breath for two days.

Panicked eyes darted about the room, until they stared at the faded yellow blanket that covered his legs. He could still feel the heat on his arms. The deafening crack of a gunshot ringing between his ears. The weight of his armor. His feet felt frozen, though he was no longer standing in snow.

He was awake...but was he whole?

RE: Bulletin Board - Gegenji - 08-20-2016

It wasn't the sort of letter Jredthys had been expecting - mostly due to his family not being the sort to do such things. However, in the fuzzy paw of the Postmoogle had been exactly such a thing. Sent by his sister, formerly and properly requesting the Judge's return home for a proper visit. The way it was written, the armored behemoth believed another had a hand in both the idea and how it was composed.

Marisaie.

The last time he had seen the grandmotherly Elezen, it was at their usual posts at the Grindstone, though she possessed no recollection of their time spent together. Whether it had been purposeful or accidental, the Judge knew not. However, it and the travel that had come before it followed the conflict of interests that had resulting in the two going their separate ways. The old lizard was still too ingrained by the past, and the similarities betwixt Mari and Auflonne had resulted in expectations and interactions similar to his previous mate. It had caused a discordance, though Jredthys - in an uncharacteristic moment of candor - had hoped the split had gone smoothly and properly enough.

However, many still expected the Elezen at the Judge's side and showed confusion when they were not. Even the letter suggested that she be brought with, should their fates still be entwined. That simple request had brought a downward crease to narrow lips then, and did again now as Jredthys sat at the dinner table of the Duskbreak. At his fingertips was a letter of his own - one destined to not travel quite as far.

Upon the parchment, he had scribed that he was going to fulfill his sibling's request - properly made as it was. The time apart had been quite lengthy indeed, and the ending of the conflicts about their home provided the optimal opportunity for such a rejoinder. How long he would be away was purposely left vague - the old man's grasp on time having always been rather tenuous, but such was the norm for one such as he. Following it were a small cadre of individuals already a part of the Grindstone staff that could serve as suitable replacement until his return, though he also made mention that it would ultimately be up to the discretion of the Arbiter. And at its end was a vow to return once his trip was over, to return to his place beneath the branches of the mighty tree that marked the battlefield of the Arbor Bracket.

He looked it over once, twice, thrice. Checking for any spelling errors or incorrect sentence structure and syntax. There were none, but it would have been improper not to make certain. A light dusting of pounce to speed the drying process and prevent any unsightly smudges to his very exacting and firm handwriting, followed by a shaking off the excess to be returned to the pot from which the powder came. A final, cursory glance of his handiwork resulted in a self-reaffirming nod.

Folding the message up and leaving it where the Arbiter would most easily find it, the Judge gathered up the saddlebag that held the required items for his travel. Food, water, and other such necessities would be lashed to the saddle of his stalwart warhorse Bench in within short order. He certainly had faster means to get there, should such a thing be needed, but it had been cycles since he had ventured beyond the grasp of the three city-states of the Alliance for any measurable length of time. It would be improper not to stretch his wings a little bit.

RE: Bulletin Board - Ha'uruh Nunh - 08-20-2016

(08-20-2016, 01:32 PM)Gegenji Wrote: It wasn't the sort of letter Jredthys had been expecting - mostly due to his family not being the sort to do such things. However, in the fuzzy paw of the Postmoogle had been exactly such a thing. Sent by his sister, formerly and properly requesting the Judge's return home for a proper visit. The way it was written, the armored behemoth believed another had a hand in both the idea and how it was composed.

Marisaie.

The last time he had seen the grandmotherly Elezen, it was at their usual posts at the Grindstone, though she possessed no recollection of their time spent together. Whether it had been purposeful or accidental, the Judge knew not. However, it and the travel that had come before it followed the conflict of interests that had resulting in the two going their separate ways. The old lizard was still too ingrained by the past, and the similarities betwixt Mari and Auflonne had resulted in expectations and interactions similar to his previous mate. It had caused a discordance, though Jredthys - in an uncharacteristic moment of candor - had hoped the split had gone smoothly and properly enough.

However, many still expected the Elezen at the Judge's side and showed confusion when they were not. Even the letter suggested that she be brought with, should their fates still be entwined. That simple request had brought a downward crease to narrow lips then, and did again now as Jredthys sat at the dinner table of the Duskbreak. At his fingertips was a letter of his own - one destined to not travel quite as far.

Upon the parchment, he had scribed that he was going to fulfill his sibling's request - properly made as it was. The time apart had been quite lengthy indeed, and the ending of the conflicts about their home provided the optimal opportunity for such a rejoinder. How long he would be away was purposely left vague - the old man's grasp on time having always been rather tenuous, but such was the norm for one such as he. Following it were a small cadre of individuals already a part of the Grindstone staff that could serve as suitable replacement until his return, though he also made mention that it would ultimately be up to the discretion of the Arbiter. And at its end was a vow to return once his trip was over, to return to his place beneath the branches of the mighty tree that marked the battlefield of the Arbor Bracket.

He looked it over once, twice, thrice. Checking for any spelling errors or incorrect sentence structure and syntax. There were none, but it would have been improper not to make certain. A light dusting of pounce to speed the drying process and prevent any unsightly smudges to his very exacting and firm handwriting, followed by a shaking off the excess to be returned to the pot from which the powder came. A final, cursory glance of his handiwork resulted in a self-reaffirming nod.

Folding the message up and leaving it where the Arbiter would most easily find it, the Judge gathered up the saddlebag that held the required items for his travel. Food, water, and other such necessities would be lashed to the saddle of his stalwart warhorse Bench in within short order. He certainly had faster means to get there, should such a thing be needed, but it had been cycles since he had ventured beyond the grasp of the three city-states of the Alliance for any measurable length of time. It would be improper not to stretch his wings a little bit.

Lt'helo had a nasty habit of reading other people's mail.

She replaced the letter exactly as it was and studied it, tapping her pipe against her arm.  She hadn't been able to reach the Judge since her arrival.  Unsurprising, of course, given his nature and her own.  They had more in common than he knew.

She thought about the Arbor bracket, and a dark, cold kitchen that smelled now only of the remnants of one of her pipes.  She thought of the bell Warren Castille kept in the company chest.  She thought of the knife of stone she had offered the Masked One, only to be refused, and she thought of Aoi and her new child.

She turned away from the mantle.  He had promised to return, and one of the things that was similar about them was that they both knew they had nothing but time.

RE: Bulletin Board - Ruran - 08-30-2016

“I wish to hire you, Madoc.”

The au ra across the table quirked a brow, meeting the masked man's determined gaze. Warm shadows cast from a nearby fireplace, forming harsh lines across the xaela’s scarred features. He slowly lowered his tankard. “...Oh, aye?” The corner of his lips twitched with some amount of amusement, and he leaned in his chair to drape an arm over the back. “Straight to the point, I like that. What for? Judgin’ by the sword, I’d say you need help cuttin’ somethin’ up.”

“No, nothing like that. I just…need you to keep an eye on something for me. Someone.”

“Ain’t much of a spy.” The au ra eyed the man, not even bothering to hide his suspicion. “Subtlety’s not my thing.”

“N...not spying.” Ruran shook his head with a grimace. It was spying, he knew it, though it was justified, at least in his mind. “…I just…can’t be in La Noscea as much as I prefer, and I need to know if…if they’re all right.”

“Gonna have to be more specific, can’t be lookin’ out for every ‘they’ out there.”

The knight’s hands curled into soft fists on his knees as he looked away from the au ra’s piercing dark gaze. A reluctant moment passed, until Ruran finally spoke, his voice quiet. “…The Rinannis estate. Lily Rinannis, and her children.”

A sly smirk crept its way to Madoc’s lips as he studied the pale knight. His barbed tail clacked against the wooden floor in a single whump, keeping his nonchalant air as he spoke. “Aye, I see. I know the place. And what do I do if I see somethin’? Got a way to reach you?”

Ruran was already reaching into his satchel to retrieve three items: a piece of folded paper, a linkpearl, and a small coin purse. “At this address,” he pushed the parchment toward the sellsword, followed by the others. “Or the pearl, if an emergency… I have also included payment in advance. I think you'll find it sufficient.”

“Oh, so prepared,” Madoc grinned, reaching for the paper and reading its contents. “…The Goblet? Been a while since I’ve gone to the mainland. I’ll pay you a visit now and then, keep you in the know and pick up my coin. Aye?”

“Please.”

“So it’s settled, then.” The linkpearl, paper, and purse—which warranted a little toss and a small whistle—were pocketed. “Good to be doin’ business with you, Alabaster.”

“… Alabaster?”

"Aye." Madoc tapped his face, indicative of the mask of Ruran’s own. “Don’t like it?”

“No, it’s…it’s fine. Thank you, Madoc…” Ruran picked himself up, offering a low bow of his head to the warrior xaela. His shoulders had been perpetually tense throughout their meeting.

Madoc smirked at the formality and offered a small, simple wave of farewell before returning to his drink and laughing with the table next to him. As if they had never spoken.

RE: Bulletin Board - Trigonxv - 09-04-2016

Report to Garlean Command

My recent activities have been average at best, while I may bring you the occasional prisoner or two I surmise they have not been of much worth in acquiring the information needed. Finding an Ala Mhigan of high standard is more of a challenge than you may perceive, there is a river of prideful stalwart fighters but they are far from offering anything strategic in value which is why I have broadened my spectrum and have attained a rather bountiful outcome. Upon inquiring upon a local information brokerage I came across news of a meeting between Ala Mhigans and sympathizers alike and so I decided to take a look. Among the many there that I made note of there were two that caught my particular attention, one was a member of the religious sect of the Ala Mhigans and another was a so called nobility of the people. It goes without saying I will keep an eye on their movements and relay what is discovered to you. I will not however capture them, they offer more value to us continuing their operations so that we can locate other prime targets of interest. I will continue to conduct the sabotage operations as well as capture prisoners should the opportunity present itself. That is all for my report should there be any update to my contract details alleviate them the same way as always and of course with the proper payment ready at hand.

RE: Bulletin Board - Steel Wolf - 09-05-2016

Thundering Castle stirred in her sleep, a low groan rumbling in her throat. It was a mixture of contentment at her surroundings and protest that she was slowly regaining consciousness, as the inn bed was the first she had felt beneath her in many moons after days on the road.

The dark-skinned Roegadyn woman wrenched her eyes shut and slowly opened them to look at the walls of her room at the Ul'dah establishment she bedded herself. It was already a warm, bright day as she felt the radiant heat of the sun firing in through her windows warm her skin. Mercifully, she had a simple, loose camisole on to keep her comfortable during the night.

Cassie stretched in the bed, her shoulders rolling back as blood flowed through her body and her senses began to clear the fog of sleep. Comfort washed over her frame...but something else came to her...some feeling within her breast...

She looked down at her generous cleavage just in time to see a small baby nutkin's head pop out between her breasts, its large ears unfurling like the sails of a ship. Its tiny black eyes locked with hers, its small nose wiggling rapidly as it sniffed in her direction.

Cassie's eyes crossed, went wide with absolute shock and her mouth slowly opened in to a rounded shape of surprise and horror. Finally, her voice came as a shrill scream issued from her. Her limbs flailed and her body writhed as she panicked, her hands clawing at her chest while her legs kicked in the air to aid her in getting out of the bed as swiftly as possible. After several moments of fruitless flailing, she leapt to her feet, her hands furiously clawing at her bosom to free itself of the obviously dangerous nutkin.

Cassie's voice continued to wail in terror, her knees lifting in the air as she hop-ran around the room. In her panic, she tore the camisole off of her body, freeing her breasts and the trapped creature between them. She pawed at her breastbone, wiping the imaginary ichor the beast left on her chest. The nutkin had long since thudded on the floor and darted away in to a hole between the floorboards as the giant madwoman had her tantrum.

She stood in the middle of her room, chest heaving as she breathed through the adrenaline and calmed her beating heart. Cassie's frightened eyes scanned the room for further danger, and they fell to the now tattered camisole laying defeated on the floor. The one comfortable piece of clothing she had brought with her from Ishgard. Ripped apart by her desperation to free the nutkin from its unintentional trap.

Living alone in Eorzea was going to be difficult.

RE: Bulletin Board - Parvacake - 09-13-2016

"Gaston! Been ages, you bastard!"

The elezen gave a soft grunt, slipping off his jacket as he approached the bar. Mor Dhona wasn't his usual drinking establishment locale of choice, but he had been in the area and decided he deserved a drink. Well, what he really felt he deserved was a keg. But he never liked the choices he made when he was drunk. Or the men he decided to take in back alleyways.

He made his way to the table and shook hands with both men who were seated there. One a large xaela named Genju and the other another elezen named Haurent. Both good people, both former employers of his, and the three would meet for drinks now and then to talk shit about world matters while getting drunk. Or, in Gaston's case, decently tipsy before excusing himself for the evening.

Judging by the tankards on the table, they got started without him. Typical.

"I've been rather busy. You two seem to be getting along just fine without me." His comment made Genju laugh, cheekbones already pink from the amount of alcohol he was starting to drown himself in. While Haurent was far more composed, he did let out a chuckle, "I heard one of your trips didn't go so well. Is that why your mood is so poor?"

Gaston scowled. "Why would that be any of your concern?"

"Come now!" crooned Haurent, trying to pacify the boiling male. "We like to make sure you're still alive and well. Besides! Genju here knew your client...ah, somewhat." He sounded unsure, like he wasn't getting the details right and looked to the xaela for assurance. After letting out a disgustingly loud belch (Gaston made a face with distaste), Genju nodded.

"Ya, I know her. Well, not exactly. Her last husband ran some shop in the Goblet that I used to walk past going to my free company's place. Seen her in the yard with some kids a few times. Haven't seen them since he got himself blown up there, though, or some shite like that." Details, smetails for Genju. He just wanted to drink.

Both elezen peered to one another. Typical. They weren't surprised by the lack of details but it sounded about right to Gaston. "Mm...small, blonde?" That rang a bell as Genju spoke in muffled tones against the rim of his mug, "Really big tits, too!"

Haurent gave him a punch to the side of the arm, well timed given how it made some of the booze slosh onto Genju's chest who let out a yelp and some laughter from the rest of the tavern at the sight of him wearing his drink. Snarling at them all, he rose up and stomped to the bar to get a rag.

Once he was gone to clean up, Gaston let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. "Fucking xaela." Haurent smirked sidelong and offered in a softer voice, "What exactly happened, any road? I wasn't able to hear any details and I haven't bothered going to Coerthas to check." He waited for Gaston to respond as the man took a moment to swig down some ale.

The mug hit the tabletop with a definitive thump. "She fell. Got her leg jammed into a crevice and couldn't get her out while a freeze was coming in. So she had me cut it off."

Haurent's brows arched up nice and high with a low whistle. "She made you cut her leg off?"

"Most of it. The left one. It was either that or she'd be left to die here and I told her as much. Not a moment of hesitation. Even offered to do it herself if I wasn't willing. I did it and then Livvy helped me get her down the mountain and to a medic in Ishgard since it was closer. Turns out some nobles knew her and one of her brats so they got her taken care of. She's recovering now."

"Well, at least she didn't die."

Gaston shrugged, staring vacantly forward as he sipped at his mug of ale. "No, but her screaming sounded like she wanted too."

RE: Bulletin Board - Kellach Woods - 10-06-2016

Inquiry of Aleport Smuggling Activity, fourth report.

When I first accepted this assignment, it was believed that there were some discrepancies between the manifests and the actual shipping going on. While this was expected, what caused the discrepancies requires more explanations and I fully intend on explaining them here. Alongside this report, you will find two sets of manifests. The first are the manifests as presented to Mealvaan's Gate inspectors, and the second are copies I had them provide me that I may note down the discrepancies between amounts and content of cargo.

The first problem to mention is theft - As times grow tougher on Eorzeans, especially considering how barren the fields next to Swiftperch are, stevedores are wont to steal from the very cargo they haul. Not exactly high profile thefts - too high profile and they get caught. However, someone has been certainly doing the work of the Yellowjackets, as they have found several of the men dead, floating around a week after the disappearances were noticed. More importantly, these victims have been known to skim a little off food crates and other sustenance-related cargo. Typically, these men would be assigned to cargo they would be less tempted to steal from. Either they did not have the black market contacts to skim off the spoils of their larceny or did not see the profit in this type of cargo.

Where their assignments matter is that they were all assigned to cargo they would not ordinarily steal from - yet they did so anyway, paying the ultimate price. If you look at the crates where only a minor irregularity was noted, you will also find a list of names. These are the people that disappeared after stealing off of these crates. Similar crates that had not been tampered with did not result in the stevedores being killed, leading me to posit that the executions were performed as punishment for tampering with these crates specifically. The contents vary, but are all esoteric materials that can reportedly be used in alchemical concoctions, or dubious magical rituals.

An investigation conducted in either the sender or the receiver of this cargo did not yield anything substantial. Different providers and different recipients - and no real link between them beyond a common interest in magic and alchemy.

Mysterium has begun an investigation that is tangentially related to this one - They have noted some bizarre, symbol-laden crates that do not appear on any manifests. An inspector was able to properly identify them, and yet when he summoned the Yellowjackets to take care of them, they were unable to see the crates, nor were they able to properly operate the seizure of property. Due to my undercover status, I decided not to pursue this lead as it would require disclosing my status as an agent of Mealvaan's Gate. All I am aware is that the content of this crate are weapons. Nothing specific can be determined about these weapons.

I will keep my investigation going, but I also advise providing the Aleport Yellowjackets with this information. I would do so myself, but as you know, I cannot compromise my position.

Expect the next report in a few moons.

- Einrich

RE: Bulletin Board - GhostlyMaiden - 10-11-2016

Lost and confused.

She's spiraling down.

All the way down.

Into the endless abyss.

No one will find you there and no one will chase after you.

Alone.

Marigold spoke in almost a murmur, sitting on a small bed in the inn room.
"What if I ran away from it all?"

Another voice spoke, a woman's voice whose words spat out like venom.
"You tried it once, it failed. If you try it again, what makes you think you'll get any better results? One way or another, you'll crawl right back into trouble. You're drawn to it, you like the thrill."

Marigold's hands reached for her head, her fingers combing in to her short, orange hair as she held the strands between her fingers tight. Her eyes were closed, head throbbing. The blue pendant that was always around her neck was glowing brightly as the conversation continued.

"No, no I don't! I want to escape it, I don't want to worry about it anymore! I don't want to hurt anyone, I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me, I don't want to make things worst!"

The other woman laughed and her laugh sent a chill down Marigold's spine. The woman's voice sounded closer now, almost as if she was right behind her speaking into her ear.

"If you hated it so much, you would've left long ago. You would've dealt with the problem directly, kill Tray, then run away. Yet you stay. You don't want to admit it to yourself but you're drawn to him and the trouble that you know will come your way. You refuse to embrace it and it's leaving you in this sorry state."

The crying Raen shook her head, now yelling.
"JUST SHUT UP!"

The voice now drew quieter, as if she had now stepped away.
"It all started with that pendant, little do you know it but it serves more purposes than just that pesky aether of yours. Think about it, long and hard, Marigold. When you finally give in and accept your true fate, seek me out again."

Marigold finally opened her eyes and jolted up, her breathing was heavy and her eyes red with tear stained cheeks. Quickly looking around the room, the door was closed and no one was there.

RE: Bulletin Board - Trigonxv - 10-12-2016

Report to Garlean Intelligence

I have continued my surveillance on the resistance meetings here and upon inquiring about certain peculiarities regarding the garb some individuals wear I was told that they represented the religious sect of their people. I know not greatly their history but they alleviated that the empire made great efforts to make people forget. These members will greatly increase the motivation and unity of the people, I can say this with certainty upon the last meeting I attended. As my contract entails I am required to sabotage the resistance and by removing these religious figure it will create quite the demoralizing effect, however it could also adversely kindle their rage even further and result in unprecedented action that even I can not hinder no matter what skill and resources I have available. I would ask you to advise me on how to handle these religious members, I will continue my surveillance on these meetings and hindering the resistance in any means possible until I am further notified. Do note that resistance activity has increased despite my efforts recently and seem to grow more intensive as time passes, if this continues I could become compromised and suggest my contract be updated with new directives to account for any sudden changes.