Hydaelyn Role-Players
Bulletin Board - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Bulletin Board (/showthread.php?tid=5431)

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Melodia - 05-13-2014

The tall, red-headed Hyur beauty sat in the Quicksand, in one of the quieter corners and sipped her ale with disgust. Melodia had been making brief trips into the city of Ul'dah in the hopes of possibly running into the Roe woman she had met briefly before, but had been to no avail.

So instead, she sat and drank. And cursed what she saw. These frolicking and drunken fools, flirting and wasting their time. She wondered why they even bothered. But what irritated her most were the small ones....the Lalafells. Always coming and going as they pleased, running about as if they ran the world; when in fact she thought they belonged under its heel. Seeing them reminded her too well of that crimson-haired buffoon Nonotano, and when she thought of him her grip on the cup of ale tightened.

So here were these stunted folk....running about. Irritating her. She'd seen one stroll in with an eyepatch and chat up the blonde who worked there and Melodia's only thought had been that the lost eye had been a good start. And now she was glaring at the one who often was in here. The dark haired Sultansworn....he often was present and chatty. And it ground her nerves.

She thought, "Tonight's the night. I've had it with that one." It had been a while since she'd spilled any blood and if it were going to be anyone, one of the little runts would work well. And the funny thing is, he would have no idea it was coming.

She paused and took a sip of her drink and sighed. One dead Lalafell wouldn't bring back Thorin, nor would it help her find the wayward Roe. She was starting to wonder what she needed to do to get herself back on track. She took another drink and looked away from the bearded Lalafell to the table, granting a rare mercy that few, if any, had ever received. No she would not kill him tonight. Maybe in the future.....but not tonight. Tonight she wanted to think. All she needed was a bit of luck to get herself on the right track.

A bit of luck and the right contact.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - C'kayah Polaali - 05-13-2014

Quote:Moved to Desolation Row

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Kage - 05-13-2014

Moved to Desolation Row

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Star Lin - 05-15-2014

John Waterstrike look out from the raise, taking in the lights from Limsa Lominsa peeking through the bit of fog.  It would be his home, for however long she wanted him there.  Yet, would anyplace feel like home without his sister there to guide him.  He look down as his Carbuncle rub her head against his ankle.  He pulled out the locket from the pocket of his beltpack,  He settle onto the ground, allowing the topaz to climb into his lap.  "Sorry, Kit, didn't mean to worry you."  Her emotion brushed over his own magic, accepting her friend for what he felt at this moment.

He flip the locket open, grazing at the picture that rested inside.  "Tanya would have loved you."  His thumb ran over the teenage midlander, red hair pulled back into a ponytail, and a gentle smile to the child miqo'te.  "Sister, I wish that you had lived.  I don't know if I could ever me this my home like you made Gridania yours."

The purple hair keeper laid back onto the ground and let his eyes drift close.  'Maybe...just maybe, you could tell me why I'm having such painful headaches and visions of people that I know nothing about.'

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Melodia - 05-28-2014

Melodia looked at the garments lying on the bed, trying to decide which would work best. She wanted something sleek, intimidating and that would look good on her. She despised having to consider the last but she knew her sexuality was another weapon at her disposal and often was an effective means at lulling weak-willed fools into her grip. So she played the game, the best she could, despite how she felt.

She had plans. No longer willing to idly by, she decided it was time to accept who she was. She'd fought it for too long, playing the role of an enforcer to a cause she didn't feel like she was a part of.

And yet, she was a part of it. She accepted it. Thorin had raised her as his own and as one of them, and try as she might, she could never shake it.

She was a Garlean.

And it was time to start acting like one.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Warren Castille - 06-02-2014

It was only during the deadest hours Warren felt like he could properly relax. Relaxation while in his armor was rare, and while a smart part of himself chastised that it didn't truly count as keeping watch when the only thing to watch were dozing drunks and the truly-early risers catching a quick bite before the fourth bell of the day sounded gently in the not-yet-breaking dawn, the stiffness in his legs and arms were grateful for the respite. The big man took a seat at the bar, gingerly, and rolled a stiff shoulder in its joint.

"You know you don't have to stand there with your arms folded all the time, right?" One of the barmaids stuck with the worst shift commented and he responded with a weary smile.

"I'm sure Momodi would insist I pay her for lost business if she could," he politely joked, consciously forcing himself to stop antagonizing his own limb. "She'll just have to make- Oh." He looked in her direction to find her already crossing towards one of the early patrons flagging her down. When you were stuck with the sleeping and the business oriented as your only tables, you stayed on top of them to make sure they'd slip you something more than a lingering glance.

Warren rose back to his feet, creaking back into a vertical position before adjusting the sword on his hip and the shield on his back. Another night down. He hoped to be back at home before dawn.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - FreelanceWizard - 06-02-2014

The snap-crackle of purple Aether in the Coerthas sky announced the arrival of a barefoot miqo'te to the uncaring, snowflake-filled winds of Camp Dragonhead. Unfortunately for L'yhta, she found herself a few hundred yalms from the Aetheryte, twenty fulms off the ground, and upside-down, her bright red hair and tail dangling for a brief moment before gravity reasserted itself. "Oh shite--" she managed to shout before she unceremoniously crashed head first into a snowbank. A nearby wolf sniffed in her direction, shook its head (perhaps disapprovingly), and wandered off.

A moment later, the pile of snow exploded with a force of a Fire spell, and the now drenched wizard crawled out, shivering as steam drifted off her. She scanned the horizon and crossed her arms over her camise with a huff. "Great call, Yhta, randomly teleporting away," she grumbled to herself. "'I left some magical thing on somewhere that's not here?' Now everyone's going to think you're crazy! She's going to think you're crazy!" She glanced up at a hawk perched on nearby rock and jabbed a finger at it, shouting, "Don't judge me, bird!" For its part, the bird quirked its head to one side, then flew off.

With a sigh, L'yhta drew the geometry for Teleport in the air in front of her -- carefully calibrating it to head back to Limsa Lominsa's Aetheryte, and this time emphatically not above the ground -- and vanished in a flash of Aether.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Whittledown - 06-16-2014

Otto Vann does good work. Obsidian Hornet was in pure white from head to toe as she examined herself in the mirror of her room at the Hourglass. The beret perched on her head was her favorite item at the moment, but the short skirt and stockings combo was growing on her. The band of onyx skin that showed between the top of the stocking and the bottom of the skirt was just the right amount of sex. Subtle, but noticeable. The top of course put even more skin on display and Hornet grinned at herself before adjusting 'the girls' and going through a few sets of poses. The demure Elezen hostess. The playful miqo'te barmaid. The coquette who has just now noticed that someone has been casting admiring glances her way.

Hornet play acted a brief scene against herself that left her giggling at the woman in the mirror. She felt good. The outfit was beautiful. She felt powerful in it. Another sort of armor for a different sort of battle. She turned around and looked at her reflection over her shoulder. She gave a little shake of her behind and grinned before stepping away to undress and make ready for bed. As she hung the garments with care she briefly regretted that a certain person had already seen her wearing it. There would be no chance to surprise them with it. Ah well. She had another surprise in mind anyway. She went to bed with a smile on her lips and somehow the scent of the sea came to her just before she drifted off to sleep.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Dogberry - 06-16-2014

Dogberry rowed, using his strokes to mark time in the song he sang.

"Oh love is kind to the least of men
E awa, E awa
Though he be but a drunken tar
E awa, awa"

He left Dhemgeim sleeping on the beach in their palm frond shelter, and borrowed the boat from a local fisherman after procuring a few precious items. A bottle of rum. A bouqet of roses. A basket, some rope, and a heavy rock.

"Far from man and the sight of land
E awa, E awa
Oh, who will love the sailor man?
E awa, awa"

He rowed with solemn purpose from the beach of Costa del Sol, where he lived for so long, and made his way to a point that he seemed to know well. He looked to his items. The rum and the roses were in the basket with rocks, tied tightly shut.

"Take me to that star eyed maid
E awa, E awa
I was happy with her laid
E awa, awa"

A seagull landed on his boat, and he regarded it with a nod. Good luck, he thought. A blessing for his task. He prayed the bird would hear his message, and carry his words off where they needed to go.

"In the comfort of her bed
E awa, E awa
Oh let me lie until I'm dead
E awa, awa"

He stopped rowing. He had reached his destination, and the seagull watched him pick up the basket and place it gently in the water. It quickly sank down below. Dogberry looked to the Seagull, and said "Take this out to Laughing Bird. Tell her I will do right by our son. Tell her that she's still my lady. Thank her for me, and apologize. I've been told I'm a crack-knobbed looby. I'm sure she'll agree."

Dogberry thought for a moment that the seagull had a look of recognition, maybe even sympathy in its eye. The gull flew away, and Dogberry took to rowing back to Costa del Sol, the song coming back to him.

"Oh love is kind to the least of men
E awa, E awa
Though he be but a drunken tar
E awa, awa"

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - cuideag - 06-16-2014

"Likewise. Thank you, Melkire."

The voice on the other end of the pearl paused. "You're... welcome."

Delial Grimsong muttered. The day had been getting stranger and stranger as it went. Wolfsong approached her without blood in his eyes and spoke of a trap clearly laid out for him. "Roen's been taken," he said bluntly and without ceremony. He made no threats, threw no insults and that, perhaps, was what gave Delial an odd feeling above all else. Wolfsong was calm.

"Still no show, m'love," Folclind said once she was certain that Delial was finished with her conversation. The midlander girl had served as the middle-man, in a sense, between herself and Crim. Rarely did one pass through Vesper Bay without the other learning of it, and even if they did not pass, they still left word and occasionally something else with the grey-haired girl anyway. Bottles of sour wine, warm words of greeting: it was embarassing in every way and yet Deilal still indulged. She half suspected Folclind enjoyed it, too. "Havent'ye heard from him elsewise...? He's not been in 'ere for suns."

"Not a word," growled Delial. It was not like the man she knew as Itarliht to go so long without a visit. As though you should be worried, a voice in her head snapped. As though that man could not handle himself without a woman fretting after him. Have you really gone so soft...?

Her nostrils flared. Melkire mentioned Askier vanished from the streets as well, but the boy seemed doomed to making one mistake after the other. There was no denying that the timing of it all was strange, but both men were there when she met with Roen and Wolfsong alike. Both men were there when she told them to leave her be. No, it had to be something else.

"It matters not." Delial rose from her table, ignoring the pang in her knees. Folclind smiled kindly to her, and even more so when she set a handful of gil upon the table. "You will give him my regards if he happens by? I've business to attend to in The Shroud."

"Of course, m'love. Anything in particular...?"

A pecular smile tugged at the highlander's painted lips, so peculiar that she did not even notice it happening. She shook her head, however, raising a hand to wave behind her as she made for the exit. 

"My thanks, dearest, but... No. No, I shall tell him myself."

Show Content

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Adrian - 06-18-2014

Dhemgeim sat in a room in the Quicksand, on the bed with her feet in the ground and elbows pillared against her knees. She did not look comfortable. The room was hot. An oil lamp had been glowing, but it had only added to the heat so was blown out. Now, she sat in darkness. The din under her feet was still audible, only growing more irritating. Like some insect buzzing in her room that could not be found or rid of.

Just as the cacophony from the tavern was not as it seemed, the woman did not feel at all a woman at that moment. She was a storm. The sea lay within her and it was not calm. Clouds roiled and thundered, and the rain poured. She would have made bad company to anyone who stood before her, caught within the gales that would have easily torn asunder any mast. This was why she sat in the dark. Why she was so furious and why she sat alone were an answer one and the same. The more she thought about it, the more the storm grew. Soon, she felt, it was going to overtake her and she would become more storm than woman rather than as she was now; a woman carrying the storm within.

Tausenadel was gone. She had no idea how else to put it. Off, wandering somewhere probably. Finding something exciting to tame or some... maybe some new lass to sleep with. Dhemgeim’s shoulders quivered, the storm nearly escaping from its shell. But she was not a smart woman. She imagined those arms; the first arms that had held her with any real love. Then she thought of them, around some imaginary woman out there in Eorzea and her whole back spasmed. She felt like destroying her room, destroying everything in her sight and then finding something else to upend. Instead, she sat there in the humid and enclosed.

What she missed was his jokes. No one was as witty at their banter, and as thoroughly as she tried to tease or jest, no one could pick up her end to carry off like he did. She liked the way he had lifted her. No one would even think to lift Dhemgeim right over their shoulder, like she was some spring lass. Not before, and now not even after. Where was he? Did he miss her in the ways she missed him? Did he think of her?
A hand lashed out and struck the nearby wall.
Shuddering, Dhemgeim was left without answers. She was left alone in a room too humid to sleep. The only thing left was her storm that was ever-threatening. She had thought -- It wasn’t something she could believe breaking, those beliefs that had once been so strong. They had been a fact. While her realm was not broken, she was the one who felt broken when those facts were now in question. Her darling - her dearest - he...

Did he think of her at all? Did he remember their deeds and vows, the silly things they had done in privacy and the bold actions in public? Something within her was sliding, cleaving in half while she sat on that bed. A sudden hiccup rose, but it did not make it entirely. It sat painfully in her chest, and the roegadyn doubled over. She choked, then the hiccup burst free. Her voice hitched, and warm tears.
The storm did not rage under her skin.
Dhemgeim choked as she tried to stop crying. All she wished right then was for a hand to hold, familiar and pocked in scars. She opened her mouth wide to scream, but the only thing that came out was the quietest whimper. Her whole body hurt. It had ached all day with the pain and now she was overwhelmed, sinking. Wishing for help was in vain. Dhemgeim knew that by now, her nights that were filled with pain and loneliness never once answered.

This was her fault, she told herself. She had driven him away, so wracked by confusion and indecision. It was her fault for isolating Tausenadel from her heart and mind. She knew this now, and she could do nothing over it. He was gone. No one would lift her. No one to... laugh like he had. One less person who made her feel less like a strong roegadyn, but like a person. A tender, feeling woman who could love as much as she was loved. She’d lost this great thing, so mighty and astounding.

Dhemgeim had broken her own heart, and she was drowning in it now. She moved into the bed, laying atop the sheets. The tears still warmed her cheeks, breaths just small gasps while her body wrung in a pain that was new. No amount of guilt or fear felt as she did now. No sword or lance had dug so deep into her. It was new and ravaging, leaving the woman in shakes against the bed while she tried to breathe and think. It took several minutes, until finally she could lay there with the pain. It was a dull ache, emitting from a hollow between her breasts. She opened her mouth, of a mind to scream to fill the hollow. Not wanting the attention, she refrained. Instead, Dhemgeim wondered.

Would he return? What would she do until he did, or if he never did? He had been her entire realm... Had she told him that? The woman, for a moment, doubted that she had. It had just been such a simple fact but one so easily overlooked at the time. It was not something, she felt, she would be able to let go. No matter who came close to her right now - Hornet, Hundrbera came to mind - she mourned the man whom she’d pushed away. Who had been boyish and mature in the same breath. Her myna, now lost out somewhere. Maybe he’d even gone across the seas.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Warren Castille - 06-18-2014

Warren tried to ignore the fire in his sides and calves as his steps fell like bombshells in the earliest light of day. Even in the darkness dry heat clamped down on him, the city remembering the sun's embrace as if they were lovers. Sweat beaded on his forehead and ran free but he blinked it out of his vision, a stray thought wondering if he could run the circuit blind. He let it float free for a moment before he reeled it back in. Focus now. More important things at hand.

Ul'dah was burning down around him.

He had once found no small satisfaction in protecting the patrons of the Quicksand when he could find the time. The mantra ran through his head unbidden, as much of an oath to himself as it was to others.

The people of this place are downtrodden and restless. It's important for them to know they've got someone looking out for them.

Recent events had him questioning whether or not that message was getting through. Rumors circulated but there were enough first-hand accounts that facts could not be denied. Protection money. Innocent women being roughed up on account of it. Corruption, bribery. Robbery. Warren felt naive to think that a new day was dawning where the Good and the Just could prove to the people that they had champions who meant them well. At times it felt like a fool's errand, trying to prove something untrue when the issue wasn't that no one believed you, it was that no one wanted to.

His mind reached out, wondering how large the web truly was. Was there any way to know? People, good people, had been branded as impure and on the take. Was there something he was missing? Things he had assumed of people were proven false, but were those falsehoods true? Warren's brow furrowed as he released the idea. Paranoia was not productive in an investigative environment.

In the here-and-now, Warren's feet led him to the fountain, just as they always had. The sun was peeking over the walls now, checking in on the Jewel still running hot from hours before. He sat heavily on the stone ring and thought not for the last time of dunking his head into the pooled water before choosing instead to sink his face into his hands, bracing his elbows on his knees and breathing heavily.

What else was he not seeing? Who else was being exploited? Warren sighed, knowing that he couldn't possible know. That was enough, however. Rumors and speculation didn't matter. Ul'dah was burning. He was going to do his part to put it out or burn with it.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Kage - 06-18-2014

((Taken place right after the events of this post.))

Kage returned to the house. The house was empty, meaning those he saw as his most cherished family were not there. He cleared his parched throat but he could not. He sighed, grabbing a glass of water.

His eyes followed his pet baby opo-opo's movements across the wooden floors as it moved happily about. Back and forth. Back and forth. His eyes closed as teeth bit into the flesh of his lips.

A loud howl of regret and desperation wailed throughout the house.

"I'm sorry Aya... I'm so sorry... But I have to... I can't falter in this. I won't. Everything. Anything."

The only sound after that was sobs.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Melodia - 06-19-2014

Nonotano limped with purpose toward the Ul'dah marketboard. He had been thinking of a way to attract the attention of the guards in town and decided he had no interest in getting arrested.

He arrived, and looked about. Ozmama had all but disappeared so he was having to do this alone. He always had the option of just letting Ruru go....but where would be the fun in that? He looked at the note in his hand, grinning at the words there. It was still early and the crowds hadn't filled the place. He tacked it quickly and then wandered away, viewing the shops casually.

The note read:

To the Sultansworn or any security arm within the city,
I have recently come by some troubling and dangerous information regarding the Lalafell named Rurutani Sasatani. If you would hear more, please contact me. I fear he has gotten himself into contact with the wrong people and may soon act against someone in the city or the city itself. I fear for my own safety and so contact by mail would be most appropriate.

Krell

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Coatleque - 06-19-2014

((edited for continuity's sake!))

Her patrol for the night finally at its close, Coatleque decided to pass through the markets on her way back to her commander. She had the mind to find something nice for her friend Tasa whom she was looking forward to seeing again hopefully before the first bell of the new day. Standing there perusing the various postings, she came across his notice...

(06-19-2014, 09:06 AM)Rurutani Wrote: To the Sultansworn or any security arm within the city,
I have recently come by some troubling and dangerous information regarding the Lalafell named Rurutani Sasatani. If you would hear more, please contact me. I fear he has gotten himself into contact with the wrong people and may soon act against someone in the city or the city itself. I fear for my own safety and so contact by mail would be most appropriate.

Krell

"No rest for the weary." she sighed as she pulled the note from the board and turned towards the palace. Looks like this would be another night spent alone.

Later she would be seen giving a sealed letter to the Moogle before making her way to the soldier's barracks for what little sleep she could afford.

------

Master Krell,
It has come to our attention that you may have information that effects the personal safety of her Imperial Highness or her citizens. As your own safety is also in question, I would deign to meet with you at the location of your choosing to discuss these matters. Be aware that I shall be well armed and wary of any tricks.

Lady Crofte, Sgt.