Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] (/showthread.php?tid=5294)

The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - Khaze'to Zhwan - 10-28-2013

The noise and smells of the trade city floated through the window on the light breeze, every gust of air moving the light cotton curtains gently, the light and shadows shifting slowly over the rooms interior.  A small desk and stool was pushed into the corner of the room, made perhaps for a Lalafell.  Shelves were arrayed along one wall, filled with books and scrolls, labeled in a neat hand.  A number of hunting trophies were set in cases behind a larger desk against the back wall including a pair of large curved horns, some four to six fulms across, the tentacle of some large creature with glistening skin and a selection of large teeth, easily eight ilms long. An enormous double edged sword was hung against the wall, its blade pitted and scarred with age.  Under the window was a weapons rack on which rested a long spear and a recurved bow.  

The only sounds in the room issued from the figure sat at the large desk that held court to this odd collection.  He was reclining in the chair, breathing softly as he dozed in the warm sunlight that played across his grey skin.  Papers lay unread upon the desk and a carved wooden mask rested on a small stand currently being used as a paperweight.  His ears, which identified him as a Miqo'te twitched as a knock at the door roused him from his dreaming.

RE: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - J'ruzho - 11-13-2013

Shortly after the knock on the door, it swung open. A tall, dark-skinned Miqo'ta entered with a large smile on his face. The sounds and smells of the outside city flooded the room as the man briskly approached the desk, leaving the door ajar behind him. "I did it! I passed the first test!" The man stood infront of the desk in a very self-gratified manner with his arms crossed, the wide grin still painted on his face. His ears wiggled up and down excitedly as he continued.

"It was no problem! Took out a few more than I needed to, but that only made it more fun, yes?" He chuckled to himself.

"So all you need is the proof? It should be right..." He sifted through his pockets as he spoke, but stopped abruptly, the smile on his face fading and his ears drooping. He put his head in his palm, letting out a dissapointed hiss. "I gave it to the Lalafell! Wait, wait, he should be here soon I think! He should have been right behind..."

He turned to the doorway, scratching the back of his head and laughing nervously.

RE: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - Lainseworth - 11-13-2013

Lainseworth had entered shortly after, the Lalafell carrying more books than he really should.  Slung across his back was a backpack, which gave off a smell of warm death.  "Sorry, sorry..."  He muttered, walking to his desk before nearly flopping over the various books and tomes collected in his arms.

"N...ow th-that that is over.  Yes."  Plopping the rather large sack onto the desk, he opened it as the stench of rotted meat wafted through the office.  "Si...x h-heads.  He w-was quite impre...ssive, if I must say s...o myself!"  The Lalafell seemed to be rather exhausted, trying the sack in a knot before gently placing it next to their proper slayer.

RE: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - Khaze'to Zhwan - 11-13-2013

Khaze'to woke with a start as the young miqo'te he had met in the streets earlier that day spoke excitedly about his first hunt with the League.  Grinning at the his misplacement of the spoils he leans to one side and looks over at the lalafell who had followed the new recruit through the door.  The smell of a fresh kill quickly spoiled by the desert heat clung to the lalafell like perfume.

"Master Lainseworth, I'm glad to see that the two of you were successful in your hunt." he said as the lalafell tied the sack closed again.  Khaze'to stood and stretched, flexing his arms after his nap in the sun.  "I believe payment is in order after your endeavor."  Reaching down to the desk he opened a draw and pulled out a small pouch that clinked musically.  "Here is the standard commission for a successful hunt. Plus a little extra for signing up with the League."  The older Miqo'te gently threw the pouch to J'ruzho.  "You will be contacted when we have a job suitable for you.  If you would leave us I would discuss things my friend there." Khaze'to said nodding towards the lalafell.

RE: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - Divisor - 11-14-2013

Following the crude instructions scrawled on the leaflet in his hand as carefully as he could, Aerius finally made his way to what he guessed was the entrance to the supposed "Eorzean Hunters League" headquarters. Moving closer and having spotted the league's brand on the door, his suspicions were confirmed, and he discourteously made his way inside. The thought of knocking politely didn't exactly occur to him.

Ready to make his entrance immediately known to anyone inside, Aerius began loudly as soon as he moved halfway through the door, "Hey, wh—" he cut himself off, though. Evidently he was already interrupting something, "..Oh." His gaze slid from one person to the other, and he idly scratched the side of his head with his free hand. He wasn't anticipating a line.

RE: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - J'ruzho - 11-14-2013

He deftly catches the bag and smiles without even looking inside. His smile widens as he feels the weight of the bag while dextrously placing it into a pouch at his side. "I cannot deny that the pay is good." He pats the pouch at his side, now filled with coin. "Very good.  But I care more about thrill of the hunt. I hope the next quarry for me is something even more interesting, and more challenging! There is plenty I have yet to see. I'll be waiting!"

Chuckling, he turns to leave, but not before giving a polite bow to the Lalafell. "You were not so bad yourself! May we hunt together again sometime." With another laugh, he walks out the door, nodding politely to the man at the doorway as he passed, his near ever-present smile still on his face as he disappeared in the city crowd.

RE: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - Scarlet Willow - 11-14-2013

The pamphlet held in large, calloused hands was crinkled gently at the edges and torn slightly in the corner after having been pulled too roughly out of her pocket. The words "Eorzean" were made to be good and clear at the top. The rest afterwards, or so she had been told, were "Hunters League". It was the decorative parchment itself that had caught Scarlet's eye, and only after she'd asked a helpful citizen in the bar about it's lettering did it capture her interest all together. She needed a new job, an interesting and - more importantly - steady job. A good two suns after she'd pilfered the pamphlet from the wall, Scarlet led herself through the crowded streets to the addressed headquarters.

Scarlet found the doorway to said headquarters ajar, a Hyur standing in the way while a furry tail was just on his way out it seemed. "Oi, 'cuse me," she announced, rapping her knuckles on the door as she loomed behind the Hyur. "S'this bein' the Hunter's Lea - ah, Lainseworth! Ain't be thinkin' of seein' ya here!" She grinned at the Lalafell, offering a small wave. In the same motion, Scarlet held up the pamphlet she'd been carrying around, looking to both Lainseworth and the furry tail at the desk. "S'this bein' the right place fer the Eorzean Hunters League?"

RE: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - Khaze'to Zhwan - 11-15-2013

Khaze'to blinked, his brow furrowed as the door opened abruptly and a Hyur walked in, mouth moving in greeting, The Hyur stopped suddenly when he saw that the room was occupied.  Close on his heals a tall woman, a Roegadyn by her stature stepped through the doorway as J'ruzho slipped past and out into the city.  

Three people in one day?  The League had never received such interest in Gridania.  It would seem that Ul'dah would indeed live up to its reputation as a bustling metropolis.  Khaze'to thought to himself as he took in the new comers, He pushed his chair under the desk and stood resting his hands on its back, giving himself time to adjust to the Roegadyns accent.  She was clutching one of the Leagues flyers he and Lainseworth had spread around the city and she clearly knew the Lalafell.  He looked at the both of them as he answered her question.  "This is indeed the Eorzean Hunters League.  I see you found one of our flyers, what can we do for you both?"

RE: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - Divisor - 11-16-2013

Aerius glanced between the man behind the desk, the roegadyn woman at his left, and the leaflet in his hand. He quickly pulled his thoughts together, took a small step forward, and spoke, "Well, ah... I was looking to sign up. I'm pretty good at hitting stuff and I'll take money anywhere I can find it. Do I gotta do some kind of interview or something, 'cause I'm really shitty at those."

Truth be told, he wasn't terrible at taking interviews at all. He just really, really hated the application process. Two fingers curl together behind the leaflet in his hand, silently hoping to the gods above that the man confirms that there's no need to do any of that nonsense.

RE: The Hunting Horn Calls [Eorzean Hunters League RP open for Recruitment] - Scarlet Willow - 11-25-2013

"Aye, be lookin' ta join meself," Scarlet echoed behind the Hyur. She wiggled the parchment in her hand. "These be nice n' flashy, thought I'd give it a look see. But he was here first, yeah?" Sliding in between the door frame and the man in front of her, she took her place second, leaning up against the wall. She let the door close on its own, slowly falling back into its place and cutting off the white noise of the crowded streets. "Go ahead n' see him first then. I can wait, ain't in'a rush."

Scarlet didn't really have a problem doing anything, save for maybe something sounding too cult-ish for her tastes, be it interview or challenge. If she had to choose, she'd like challenge best. Humming quietly to herself, she nodded at the Hyur to go on; first come first serve and all that.