Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hi there! :] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hi there! :] (/showthread.php?tid=5285)

Hi there! :] - Yazka - 10-28-2013

Hi there!

A friend of mine got me to try Final Fantasy after all. I really love a couble of the playstation games and was sad to hear about the old FFXIV, just when I stumbled over it, it was already dying. When I found out FFXIV ARR is sort of a re-make I had to take a look at this. Laugh
However, I started playing on Odin only recently and had no clue if there was a RP server or not.

I am a roleplayer for over ten years already and found the best RP by just running into others.
Since my friend is on Odin as well, I was wondering how great are the chances to stumble into some RP (at EU times) besides attending to events that might happen?
As this would not be the only MMO I am currently playing and I can only be online at rather specific times, I am curious if there is any 'random' walk by RP to be found on either of the two servers. Because then I might just start over on one of the RP servers and play my other toon with my friend should he be online, and not alone anymore.

I wanted to level in character since I won't be online much, hence the interest in that sort of RP that just happens on the road. Moogle

cheers
Yaz

RE: Hi there! :] - Rinh Hallani - 10-28-2013

There certainly is random RP on Balmung during EU times! I've found plenty of it at all times of the day and night, including some on the road whilst levelling, but the Europa linkshell has a big community of EU players to help find RP if you do ever struggle and want to do a shout out for people to accompany you ICly on your levelling journey. The Travellers Guild also is an EU free company both participating in random RP and running RP events every week, with most being open to the public as well.

RE: Hi there! :] - Yazka - 10-28-2013

Thank you! Not sure any free company would want me, as this is "the game I play when no one is around". Which means, I might not be online for a little while or not as active as a company might require me to be. Sad
I most likely will log on almost every day at least for a short while, maybe more in the future, if I get my better half to play as well. (Still working on that.)

Though, this certainly sounds good! I will create a new kitty later and have a look.

RE: Hi there! :] - Magellan - 10-28-2013

I've been a part of a lot of random, walk-by RP on Balmung Smile folks seem pretty friendly.

RE: Hi there! :] - embergrin - 10-28-2013

Hi! I got the game not long ago myself, I think you'll enjoy it. Smile That said, Balmung and Gilgamesh are both good choices! Gilgamesh is my main, and I have def seen RP going on as I've moved through certain areas. I started out in Limsa Lominsa, I caught scenes in progress quite a few times there. I'm still a baby so I'm just now branching out.

Gilgamesh is quieter as far as events and number of linkshells go, but I've never had to wait in a queue to log on as I have with my Balmung alt. You may not even have to worry about that though, depending on when you're trying to log in.

Thanks for the replies. Moogle

Does anyone of you know, if there might be a free company that helps FFXIV newbies and won't mind if I am not online for hours every day?
I'd love some company and someone I can ask silly questions.

RE: Hi there! :] - Nebbs - 10-28-2013

(10-28-2013, 10:07 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: There certainly is random RP on Balmung during EU times! I've found plenty of it at all times of the day and night, including some on the road whilst levelling, but the Europa linkshell has a big community of EU players to help find RP if you do ever struggle and want to do a shout out for people to accompany you ICly on your levelling journey. The Travellers Guild also is an EU free company both participating in random RP and running RP events every week, with most being open to the public as well.
^ That  Europa for EU hookups and TTG if you want a FC

RE: Hi there! :] - Olofantur - 10-28-2013

Welcome to the RPC Yazaka,

(10-28-2013, 10:32 AM)Yazka Wrote: Thanks for the replies. Moogle

Does anyone of you know, if there might be a free company that helps FFXIV newbies and won't mind if I am not online for hours every day?
I would suggest EU or TTG as stated before (For the all hours aspect) you can also take a look at joining the "Intermission" linkshell, it handle OOC communication for a wide berth of people.

As those before have said, both Balmung and Gilgamesh support strong groups of Roleplayers, so either is a nice home. If you haven't made a decision on which one in particular (why not both?) you could always take a gander at the Linkshell Hall and Directory for each one to get an idea of what groups and people you might meet. While i'm confident in saying that both servers will cover the majority of wants and needs, perhaps you have a particular idea or goal in mind that might lend itself to one more than the other.

I don't think played time is much of an issue over a longer duration, if people can count on you not poofing into thin air, most groups will find a way or make a way to incorporate the people they're involved with into their events.

Feel free to make use of all the resources you find here, the RPC is by roleplayers, for roleplayers as it were. So ask any questions you might have, make a comment or two, get to know a few people.

Hope to see you in Eorzea, and Good luck out there.

Thank you.
Are both servers EU and NA by the way?

RE: Hi there! :] - Olofantur - 10-28-2013

(10-28-2013, 10:39 AM)Yazka Wrote: Thank you.
Are both servers EU and NA by the way?

They're both NA servers, for a full listing of data centers,

http://www.arrstatus.com/

Should serve (it also shows "up status")

Hope that helps!

RE: Hi there! :] - Rinh Hallani - 10-28-2013

(10-28-2013, 10:32 AM)Yazka Wrote: Does anyone of you know, if there might be a free company that helps FFXIV newbies and won't mind if I am not online for hours every day? 

It's suggest TTG again; we're very welcoming, happy to help, and have plenty of members with full time jobs, children, etc so of course understand not everyone is able to be online regularly.

RE: Hi there! :] - Nebbs - 10-28-2013

(10-28-2013, 10:45 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: It's suggest TTG again; we're very welcoming, happy to help, and have plenty of members with full time jobs, children, etc so of course understand not everyone is able to be online regularly.

And beginner friendly sorts and lots of sideline casual RP such as fashion tips, the Gossip Club, watching the ships sail by, chillin at the beach, spa-sessions at the hot springs, Hey that Crab stole my hat!, and so much more.

Sounds like a good place for my kitty. Big Grin

The personality I came up with for her at least would fit into this. I will go and have a look at the guild website and check out what those linkshells are exactly once I am home from work!

Thank you all very much.