Hydaelyn Role-Players
-adds 1 to member count- - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: -adds 1 to member count- (/showthread.php?tid=4953)

Pages: 1 2

-adds 1 to member count- - Symphony - 10-07-2013

Hello everyone!  Another figurative noob here.  I'm far from new to RP but quite new to FFXIV ARR.  I didn't have an opportunity to play 1.0 so I've been going around and watching what videos and reading what articles and posts I can to learn about the 1.0 lore without spoiling anything for ARR since I haven't gotten very far (my highest character is a level 13 archer).

I initially wanted to make my main character on Balmung to join a friend of mine who is in a RP company on there but I ended up making it on Tonberry to play with some other friends who I thought would be actively playing.  Lo and behold, one or another either lost the desire to play, are too busy, or has a time zone conflict. 

So I went ahead and made another character on Balmung with the intentions of making it my RP character, except now I don't know what to make my character!  I have a general grasp of the 1.0 lore but I know there are many details I have yet to learn that might serve as a better starting point, but there's also the option of being a new character altogether so I'm a bit lost and overwhelmed. ^^;;  (Hence my lack of an avatar too...)

In terms of my roleplay style, I go more for immersion where my character is basically a version of myself so depending on the RP I'm involved in (and how creative I'm feeling) I typically only have one character.  I like to start with a basic foundation and develop over time through interactions and experiences rather than preconceive everything although there's nothing wrong with that either, I even do that myself to an extent from to time.  I'm comfortable with both paragraph style and actions/emotes so I usually just use the style that my partner/group prefers.

Umm...I think that's all I can think of that's relevant here.  Yeah. ^^;;  Nice to meet you all!  I hope to make some friends here and stuff. X3  Any suggestions and advise are welcome too!

RE: -adds 1 to member count- - faceman7381 - 10-07-2013

Greetings!

Welcome to the RPC!

If you need anything, just ask.

Please /tell Konner Kinkaid in game and we can speak.

I can introduce you to RPers!

Glad to have you onboard!

Konner

RE: -adds 1 to member count- - Symphony - 10-08-2013

(10-07-2013, 07:14 PM)faceman7381 Wrote: Greetings!

Welcome to the RPC!

If you need anything, just ask.

Please /tell Konner Kinkaid in game and we can speak.

I can introduce you to RPers!

Glad to have you onboard!

Konner

Thank you!  I will next time I'm on!

RE: -adds 1 to member count- - Oroban - 10-08-2013

Feel free to poke at Khyros Oroban if you're hangin' round Ul'dah any time. He's really got to go traveling. Poor guy.

(10-08-2013, 12:18 AM)Oroban Wrote: Feel free to poke at Khyros Oroban if you're hangin' round Ul'dah any time. He's really got to go traveling. Poor guy.

I'll have to do that when I eventually get there. Tongue

(10-08-2013, 12:32 AM)Symphony Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 12:18 AM)Oroban Wrote: Feel free to poke at Khyros Oroban if you're hangin' round Ul'dah any time. He's really got to go traveling. Poor guy.

Oh, you're one of them GRIDANIANS. Or LOMINSANS. Augh. AUGH.

(10-08-2013, 12:37 AM)Oroban Wrote:

Well excuuuuuse me!  Guess you don't need an archer/conjurer buddy then.Chocobo

(10-08-2013, 12:51 AM)Symphony Wrote:

I kid, I kid. Paladins always need more shooting buddies or healers. :'D

(10-08-2013, 12:54 AM)Oroban Wrote:

I kid, I kid. Paladins always need more shooting buddies or healers. :'D
:3

RE: -adds 1 to member count- - Magellan - 10-08-2013

Who the heck would level both Archer and Conjurer?

*looks at own toon*

Oh.

RE: -adds 1 to member count- - Olofantur - 10-08-2013

Welcome to the RPC,

Please feel free to ask any questions you have, browse the wiki, message people and all the fun stuff to make yourself feel a little more comfortable.

While i'm not online as often as some, know that you can drop me a message if you're curious about anything but don't want to voice it out in the public forums. (Though I highly recommend them both as a source of knowledge and a way to meet people.)

Hope to see you in Eorzea soon, and best of luck until then.

(10-08-2013, 11:29 AM)Magellan Wrote:

Who the heck would level both Archer and Conjurer?

*looks at own toon*

Oh.
Among other classes. o3o

(10-08-2013, 11:46 AM)Olofantur Wrote: Welcome to the RPC,

Please feel free to ask any questions you have, browse the wiki, message people and all the fun stuff to make yourself feel a little more comfortable.

While i'm not online as often as some, know that you can drop me a message if you're curious about anything but don't want to voice it out in the public forums. (Though I highly recommend them both as a source of knowledge and a way to meet people.)

Hope to see you in Eorzea soon, and best of luck until then.
Thank you!

RE: -adds 1 to member count- - Symphony - 10-10-2013

Character is Arya Rose on Balmung~  Feel free to add me and send a tell!

RE: -adds 1 to member count- - Symphony - 06-22-2015

I suppose I'll reintroduce myself?  I stopped playing for a good while for various reasons but now I'm back! [sub](Hopefully for good but there's a chance I won't be able to continue my subscription after it runs out ._. .)[/sub]  Slight name change has happened since then.  My name is now Aria Bellerose and I want to get into roleplaying again...although I never really got into it in the first place due to lack of a FC or LS or any friends really. ._.  My friends that I play MMOs with didn't start FFXIVARR until a few months ago and none of them RP so they found a PvE centric FC that also does PvP and some RP but...it's not one I would have chosen and I don't really care to interact with the people in the FC.  Don't get me wrong, they're very nice people, I just don't feel I mesh with them I guess you could say?  And I feel obligated to stay because of my friends which is why I've been considering looking for a RP LS.

Anyway, I've been focusing on leveling up and going through the storyline and would love a group of fellow adventurers to do quests and duties IC together.  I'm a level 50 Bard on my way to 51 and I'm about to start the Still Waters quest line.

RE: -adds 1 to member count- - Mountie - 06-22-2015

Very nice! Quite the necro'd thread you have going here, I would have suggested possibly making another but what is done is done! It's nice to see you returning to the community, and I do hope you find a way to stick with us for longer than a single subscription might last. Feel free to send me a shout in-game sometime once the dust settles. For now it is miracle enough if I make it into the game hah!