Hydaelyn Role-Players
Here I am inflict myself upon the masses. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Here I am inflict myself upon the masses. (/showthread.php?tid=4921)

Here I am inflict myself upon the masses. - Vairemont Malveaux - 10-05-2013

Larsonient Aubrenard is my name, and Elezen is my... oh Gods, listen to me. To the seven hells with it. 

Am I ever glad I found this place. I'm not exactly new to roleplaying, although I am still in the perilous process of digesting FFXIV's lore. For that reason I am still a bit tentative about diving headfirst into a world I don't yet fully understand. Roleplaying is a dear passion and hopeless addiction of mine though, and I've been desperately looking for it since I was finally able to track down a physical copy of the game (online sales were frozen at the time).

Unfortunately, the biggest drawback is that I mainly play on Lamia with my boyfriend and his cadre of real life friends. It would be unfeasible (and if I'm not mistaken, presently impossible) to get the entire group to transfer to Balmung, and I would be isolating myself from the group if I played solely on Balmung. So, while I usually like to intertwine semi-serious gameplay with RP, Balmung will unfortunately have to be my secondary, RP-only server (although to battle my level-envy I'll probably still play a fair bit), which damns me to playing primarily lower level characters.

That is unless my schedule miraculously opens up or I get suddenly fired and need to find a place on the internet in which to bury my sorrows while I still have money.

I've been roleplaying for a long time, which has made me gratingly elitist about the type of roleplay I involve myself in. While I have nothing against light or casual roleplayers, I can only personally enjoy roleplay when it's heavy or hardcore and consistent. I love serious story lines and character development, and a true, almost pathological dedication to realistic personalities. Less of the tackling and glomping and interactive emoting over the linkpearls (which is quite the unnerving image, to be frank).

I'll probably be looking for an RP FC or LS that wouldn't mind me being sometimes sparse and less able to join in on gameplay, though more than willing to leap into character and charm the crowd with Larsonient's cutting wit.

Barring that, I may just have to invite myself into whatever gathering of roleplayers unfortunate enough to have me stumble upon them.

Oh, here's some background information if you're into that sort of thing.

--MMORPG background - In order, Ultima Online, WoW, City of Heroes/Villains, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, TERA. I did not play FFXI, sadly.

--RP experience - I began chat roleplay when I was 13, and graduated to other types as I got older. Since I never grew out of playing make-believe, I've been doing this for 14 years. Of the mmo's I played, I only seriously roleplayed in UO, WoW, and TERA.

--Character ideas/info - In a nutshell: Larsonient is a Duskwight Elezen and a veteran of the Battle of Carteneau, who after a serious injury sustained in the calamity, is being forced to retrain himself. He's very aware of both his reputation as a Duskwight and his prejudice for other races as an Elezen, and this comes out in his often caustic or self-deprecating sense of humor. Although he may seem serious at first glance, he is a lot more easy-going than he would have one believe.

It's possible he has a history in his youth of being a common thief, like many others of his ilk, but you won't catch him admitting it.

--How did you learn about the coalition? - My vast network of underground connections. Also Google.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy? - Heavy, by far. Don't tell Larsonient. He's sensitive about his size.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc) - I work an overnight job which gives me just the strangest schedule. My hobbies include sleeping and writing, and on the side I engage in forum roleplay (outside of FFXIV) and little else. And I eat, occasionally. I have three pets, including a male human, a male bearded dragon, and a female cat. That cat is insane, the bearded dragon is emotionally unstable, and the human is probably the cleanest one.

RE: Here I am inflict myself upon the masses. - Bryn - 10-05-2013

Hello Larsonient, welcome to the fold. Both you and your character sound awesome. Drop me a tell when you're on Balmung!

RE: Here I am inflict myself upon the masses. - K'dath - 10-05-2013

I had a pet male human once. He was decidedly not the cleanest one. The cat was polite enough to cover its mess, not brag about its size.

RE: Here I am inflict myself upon the masses. - elisan - 10-05-2013

Welcome to the community! Regardless of the server you play on, know that you have friends here and the forums are just waiting for the latest RP thread! Jump right in and get to know us!

RE: Here I am inflict myself upon the masses. - Vairemont Malveaux - 10-06-2013

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome. Make no mistake I will be taking full advantage of your hospitality at the first opportunity.

RE: Here I am inflict myself upon the masses. - Daca'li Molkoh - 10-06-2013

Welcome, welcome! If you're ever in need of a friend to role-play with or even just someone to chat with, go ahead and throw me a tell! I'll be on Daca'li Molkoh, my Keeper of the Moon, most of the time. Big Grin I'm a fellow newbie! Old to role-play, but very new to this world--so far I'm absolutely loving it, so I hope you have good times in the future!