Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) (/showthread.php?tid=4800)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - Swift Nightclaw - 09-27-2013

Chocobo     Chocobo     Chocobo

So what did folks name their chocbo?  If there's anything pertinent to the name, such as being a miqo'te, or from Limsa Lominsa, include that or anything that helped you think of your chocobo's name!

I'm still thinking of what to name mine.  As a temporary name, I chose "Scout."  No real reason other than A) I couldn't think of a name I really wanted and B) Scout was Tanto's horse.

I was also wondering, does the dialogue when you get your chocobo change randomly or do you always get "he" in the dialogue?

Chocobo     Chocobo     Chocobo

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - IncubusManatee - 09-27-2013

Fluffles...

...When I get him/her.

That is all.

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - SessionZero - 09-27-2013

I named mine Odin. It was the first name that came to mind.

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - Nimarhie - 09-27-2013

Rika named her's Sweetpea, which is a type of flower...

Taijha named hers Missy (balmung) and will name it Missy again on Gilgamesh.

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - Magellan - 09-27-2013

My Wildwood named hers Sebastian.

I don't know what my Miqo is gonna name hers yet

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - K'dath - 09-27-2013

Tia's is named Warky.
Which... kinda falls flat, considering that they went with 'kweh' for the onomatopoeia this time.

I suppose I will name my next one 'Kwehky'

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - DAISHI - 09-27-2013

The Goobbue is the greatest mount in all of MMOdom.

Mine is named Goobbue Sr. My pet's name is Goobbue Jr.

They are also known as Goobanza and Sir Grassington.

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - SessionZero - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 12:18 PM)X Wrote: Tia's is named Warky.
Which... kinda falls flat, considering that they went with 'kweh' for the onomatopoeia this time.

"Kweh" is still not a very accurate onomatopoeia. I would have gone with "Fwee".

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - Magellan - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 12:18 PM)Xchail Wrote: Tia's is named Warky.

I RP Sebastian as both 'warking' and 'kwehing' :p

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - DAISHI - 09-27-2013

Since the Goobbue pet attacks kittens I've written my Goobbue mount as potentially eating people... if you get too close to its mouth.

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - Haven's Fox - 09-27-2013

My lovable yellow fluff ball is named Da'shain. A little throw back to a favorite series I just finished. ^^

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - Xydane - 09-27-2013

I'm still debating between "Rathalos" or simply "Wyvern." Inspired from the 'Monster Hunter' game series FTW!

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - K'dath - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 01:35 PM)Xydane Wrote: I'm still debating between "Rathalos" or simply "Wyvern." Inspired from the 'Monster Hunter' game series FTW!

Considering that in game birds are actually categorized as their own species of wyverns, it would make more sense than naming a flightless bird after the 'King of the Skies'

On the other hand, the Rathalos is extremely bad-ass. Maybe go with Rathian, Queen of the Land? c;

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - IncubusManatee - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 01:50 PM)X Wrote:
(09-27-2013, 01:35 PM)Xydane Wrote: I'm still debating between "Rathalos" or simply "Wyvern." Inspired from the 'Monster Hunter' game series FTW!

Considering that in game birds are actually categorized as their own species of wyverns, it would make more sense than naming a flightless bird after the 'King of the Skies'

On the other hand, the Rathalos is extremely bad-ass. Maybe go with Rathian, Queen of the Land? c;

Wonder if you can make the Choco colored green then in future. Tongue

RE: Your stout and loveable chocobo (or other mount) - Swift Nightclaw - 09-27-2013

I would expect green, blue, red, white, and black to be likely colors when they introduce breeding.

I considered Anzu, but saving that for the possibility of a black chocobo.  Had another name considered, but saving that for a white chocobo in the future!  Just can't decide on a good name for my trusty yellow Chocobo.