Hydaelyn Role-Players
Activity on Balmung? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Activity on Balmung? (/showthread.php?tid=4521)

Pages: 1 2

Activity on Balmung? - BaneWarden - 09-13-2013

Hey guys,

I know I'm a new face around here, but I've actually been playing since a few days after launch. I rolled on a different server due to all the craziness that was unfolding, but now that things seem to have calmed down (relatively), I figured I'd poke you guys and ask a few quick questions:

1. How active is the RP scene on Balmung? I only ask because I, unfortunately, have been witness to several games where the RP community on any designated server tends to be light to nonexistent, save for forum posts. If that is the same here, I'd probably just assume stay where I'm at. If it -is- active and healthy, though, I would love to become a part of it. (Been roleplaying for a looong time).

2. I've gotten my character on the different server to level 23. Should I wait for character transfers to open up, or just reroll and start over?

3. Any Free Companies looking for an active, veteran MMORPG player and roleplayer? Would love to have a home soon after swapping sides.

Thanks again for the help everyone. You'll be seeing more of me, I'm sure!

--Bane

RE: Activity on Balmung? - BaneWarden - 09-14-2013

No comments at all? Or did I put this in the wrong forum?

RE: Activity on Balmung? - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-14-2013

(09-14-2013, 01:17 PM)BaneWarden Wrote: No comments at all? Or did I put this in the wrong forum?

Maybe if it had been in the RP discussion section? No idea!

1. I've seen a lot of RP in the past few days between Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa. Tons of people are open to getting together if you ask, otherwise you can try hanging around the Bismarck like I did.

2. Twenty three is pretty high but it's doable. You could start a new character until transfers are released. If you get it up to fifteen to get around you'll at least be able to check out the RP.

3. Can't say on this but they'll probably want to know what your character is like before offering their FCs, to make sure it's compatible.

RE: Activity on Balmung? - Nova - 09-14-2013

(09-13-2013, 08:46 PM)BaneWarden Wrote: Hey guys,

I know I'm a new face around here, but I've actually been playing since a few days after launch. I rolled on a different server due to all the craziness that was unfolding, but now that things seem to have calmed down (relatively), I figured I'd poke you guys and ask a few quick questions:

1. How active is the RP scene on Balmung? I only ask because I, unfortunately, have been witness to several games where the RP community on any designated server tends to be light to nonexistent, save for forum posts. If that is the same here, I'd probably just assume stay where I'm at. If it -is- active and healthy, though, I would love to become a part of it. (Been roleplaying for a looong time).

2. I've gotten my character on the different server to level 23. Should I wait for character transfers to open up, or just reroll and start over?

3. Any Free Companies looking for an active, veteran MMORPG player and roleplayer? Would love to have a home soon after swapping sides.

Thanks again for the help everyone. You'll be seeing more of me, I'm sure!

--Bane

Hiya!

1. I think the RP scene in Balmung is pretty active. Hanging around the Bismark can find you some RP most of the time I think. I know my FC does RP there a lot. You're always more then welcome to come hang out.

2. 23 is a decent level but not that hard to make up. Though only issue with waiting for character transfers is when they are allowed it doesn't mean that people will be able to transfer to Balmung as it seems to be a rather populated server. If I remember correctly some games will only let you transfer to smaller servers in order to help the population problems. Of course this based off of experience with past games I have played and not based on anything SE has put out.

3. You are more then welcome to come RP with me and my own. Feel free to whisper me in game Dustyn Ashling. I'm usually on and almost always free.

RE: Activity on Balmung? - Lament - 09-14-2013

1. I've seen some open world RP going on, which I didn't in other servers. There's likely a lot more going on in LSes/FCs/parties and such. I'd say yes, active.

2. 23 is reroll-able, unless you also got to 15+ in most other classes. The main annoyance right now is dungeons, since a lot of people in Balmung are higher leveled, so finding parties for low level dungeons (necessary to progress the story) can be hard.

3. Not sure I can answer this one, I agree with Siobhain though - it depends a lot on whether your character/rp style would fit in.

RE: Activity on Balmung? - erosskye - 09-14-2013

We just had a HUGE rp group in gilgamesh from 1pm to 7pm.  At least 50 people.  Just saying Wink

RE: Activity on Balmung? - BaneWarden - 09-14-2013

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies! My character is a Gladiator/Knightly sort, but also happens to be stuck in Ul'dah until he's fifteen. Hope to run into some RP before I can make it to Limsa!

RE: Activity on Balmung? - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-14-2013

(09-14-2013, 10:48 PM)BaneWarden Wrote: Thanks to everyone for the quick replies! My character is a Gladiator/Knightly sort, but also happens to be stuck in Ul'dah until he's fifteen. Hope to run into some RP before I can make it to Limsa!

<Knightly sort.

FABULOUS! There needs to be more of the sort, imo! (And dun you give in to the dark side that is Eross and probably delicious cookies. *fist clench* YOUR EVENTS WITH YOUR BAKED GOODS AND NONE FOR ME! D: )

On a related note I've seen some RP going on near the Sultansworn area as well as the Adventurer's Guild in Ul'dah. I hope you can find some!

RE: Activity on Balmung? - Oroban - 09-14-2013

There's people RPing in the Adventurer's Guild in Ul'dah right now! Big Grin
I would be, but I'm queuing up for Sastasha because Khyros needs to practice being chivalrous and protective like his mom. Cest la vie!

RE: Activity on Balmung? - allgivenover - 09-15-2013

Something like 250 people showed up to the gala Kylin hosted last weekend. Also I notice rp going on in /say fairly often in pretty much every location it is suitable, so yes Balmung is super active.

RE: Activity on Balmung? - BaneWarden - 09-16-2013

Figured I would just update this, I finally managed to secure a character on the server! Name is Ducard Alvare. I'll be wandering about Ul'dah tonight I think looking for RP. Going to hold off any major character progression though until we find out about character transfers, as my "main" is already level 30. xD

RE: Activity on Balmung? - Cato - 09-16-2013

(09-15-2013, 01:10 PM)allgivenover Wrote: Something like 250 people showed up to the gala Kylin hosted last weekend. Also I notice rp going on in /say fairly often in pretty much every location it is suitable, so yes Balmung is super active.

Impressive in theory, though in practice I imagine it was all rather chaotic? Call me cynical, but most role-players end up being drowned out IC and OOC at large gatherings no matter how well orchestrated they may be. My advice to people searching for role-play would be to try and find like-minded individuals or small groups to work with and forge some long term character driven stories and adventures.

RE: Activity on Balmung? - Draheim - 09-16-2013

Hey there! If your still looking for an RP free company, Ul'dah Garden is always open to new members! Feel free to check out our FC page in my sig, or just poke one of us in game. Look for the <<EXiLE>> Tag!

RE: Activity on Balmung? - BaneWarden - 09-18-2013

Draheim, I sent you an IM on the forums here with a couple questions. Smile

Also, one more quick question: is there a public Linkshell for OOC chatter for the server that has slots open? I thought I read something of one existing, but I'm not sure anymore.

Thanks again for all your help everyone.

--Ducard

RE: Activity on Balmung? - BaneWarden - 10-30-2013

I just figured I would bump this. After a (much) prolonged wait, I finally bit the bullet and transferred over! Couldn't quite itch that RP bug. Smile 

If you see Ducard Alvare wandering around, please say hello! I won't bite...much.

Thanks again for your help everyone.