Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] YOU! Yes, you. Get in here and say hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] YOU! Yes, you. Get in here and say hello! (/showthread.php?tid=4379)

[Balmung] YOU! Yes, you. Get in here and say hello! - Zac Evans - 09-08-2013

Howdy everyone, how're you doing? The name's Zac. I ain't too good with these introductory whoozle-whazzits, so let's cut to the chase, shall we?

--MMORPG background
I used to play WoW, but quickly found myself disinterested in it, only to have my love of MMO's really ignited by GW2-I'm actually part of the roleplaying community there on Tarnish Coast (look me up sometime, we'll do brunch). I regret not playing the original Final Fantasy XIV, and am too 'hardware-orientated' to play XI.

--RP experience
I've role-played in a text format since middle school, and as an aspiring writer I tend to role-play scenarios in my mind and on paper. 

--Character ideas/info
My main on Balmung is-big surprise-Zachary Evans. A young 20-something mid-lander gladiator from a small backwoods village. The entire reason he started adventuring was to find the three people most important to him in this world-three Warriors of Light. His best friend, his lover, and younger brother. I liked the concept of desperation here, and approached it from my own perspective. What would I do if I lost three of the most important people in my life? I could just move on, and cherish the memories of the times we had together, but without names or faces to put these personalities and feelings to, memories begin to fade. Afraid of forgetting, he set off to find them, and bring them home. No more tears unless it's a tearful reunion!

Another character I'm fiddling around with is a Garlean noble-an expert in the Game of Houses, mind you- attempting to rally his scattered sibling back to Garlemald in an attempt to put one of their own on the throne due to the Emperor's current health.. I saw that most people made the Garleans out to be villains-which from the perspective of Eorzea, they are. But what about from the perspective of Garlean citizens? While we Eorzeans say they brainwash the children of fallen nations to follow the Emperor, they may say the indoctrinate the children into their new society and give them the best possible future in their ever growing and expanding nation. In my mind, it's all a matter of perspective, and this character would fully believe and support his nation. Not to say he wouldn't make friends of Eorzeans while travelling under his pseudonym, but it'd be pretty interesting to see how they'd interact after his big reveal. 

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Invasion Block. OH! You mean this website. I searched for it on the internet. I know when role-players congregate in a game, websites are quickly put up.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Yeesh, tough question. I guess I could be any of the three. I want to be Heavy-but my 12 hour work shifts are counter-productive to that. Medium is most likely what I'll be, but I have no problem toning it down for rookies.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I play Magic: The Gathering, write stories for fun, and work 12 hour shifts. I also like to sleep! YAY SLEEP!

That's the gist of it. My Zac character is still low-leveled, and I'd love a Balmung-styled welcome to Ul'Dah. Look me up!

RE: [Balmung] YOU! Yes, you. Get in here and say hello! - Annelotte - 09-10-2013

I like your background Moogle Welcome, Zac.

RE: [Balmung] YOU! Yes, you. Get in here and say hello! - Alothia - 09-10-2013

Welcome, welcome!

As far as your poll goes, Alothia already has her plate full of Garleans or ex Garleans...so an Eorzean would be refreshing! lol

RE: [Balmung] YOU! Yes, you. Get in here and say hello! - Lost River - 09-10-2013

I said Garlean cause Lost is a rebel like that. Muahaha. Yes, welcome!

RE: [Balmung] YOU! Yes, you. Get in here and say hello! - Quuyn - 09-10-2013

(09-08-2013, 02:56 AM)Zac Evans Wrote: I also like to sleep! YAY SLEEP!

You.... You can stay. Sleepy

RE: [Balmung] YOU! Yes, you. Get in here and say hello! - R'khei - 09-10-2013

I like sleep, sleep is good *Breaks out the pillows*

Also, Hello Zac!.

RE: [Balmung] YOU! Yes, you. Get in here and say hello! - Annelotte - 09-10-2013

I dont really remember the last time I had at least 8 hours of sleep x.x'