Hydaelyn Role-Players
I Just got black mage wand blocked - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: I Just got black mage wand blocked (/showthread.php?tid=4125)

Pages: 1 2

I Just got black mage wand blocked - erosskye - 08-29-2013

SOOOOOO hows it goin guys.  Just thought I would share this amazing piece of information I just got.  When I started the game I had done my research and learned that to make the Black Mage you need 15 Arcane and 30 Thaum.  I went ahead and stated the game with Arcane and blasted it to 15 the first few days then went ahead and did Thaum to 30; which I just now have finished.  To my surprise NOTHING HAPPENED.  So i dug around and did some more research to see that they have indeed changed the secondary class to ARCHER 15.  Frustrated

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - Nimarhie - 08-29-2013

(08-29-2013, 07:15 PM)erosskye Wrote: SOOOOOO hows it goin guys.  Just thought I would share this amazing piece of information I just got.  When I started the game I had done my research and learned that to make the Black Mage you need 15 Arcane and 30 Thaum.  I went ahead and stated the game with Arcane and blasted it to 15 the first few days then went ahead and did Thaum to 30; which I just now have finished.  To my surprise NOTHING HAPPENED.  So i dug around and did some more research to see that they have indeed changed the secondary class to ARCHER 15.  Frustrated

Congratulations on bricking your character! xD Just kidding... hey, at least you have heals and a tanking pet for leveling up archer now! Big Grin

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - erosskye - 08-29-2013

(08-29-2013, 07:17 PM)Nimarhie Wrote:
(08-29-2013, 07:15 PM)erosskye Wrote: SOOOOOO hows it goin guys.  Just thought I would share this amazing piece of information I just got.  When I started the game I had done my research and learned that to make the Black Mage you need 15 Arcane and 30 Thaum.  I went ahead and stated the game with Arcane and blasted it to 15 the first few days then went ahead and did Thaum to 30; which I just now have finished.  To my surprise NOTHING HAPPENED.  So i dug around and did some more research to see that they have indeed changed the secondary class to ARCHER 15.  Frustrated

Congratulations on bricking your character! xD Just kidding... hey, at least you have heals and a tanking pet for leveling up archer now! Big Grin
You and me both know you cant use the tank pet on another class Cry

(08-29-2013, 07:22 PM)erosskye Wrote:

o3o I didn't know this actually... been playing my Arcanist the most since going for Scholar. How about the support carby?

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - erosskye - 08-29-2013

(08-29-2013, 07:25 PM)Nimarhie Wrote:
(08-29-2013, 07:22 PM)erosskye Wrote:

o3o I didn't know this actually... been playing my Arcanist the most since going for Scholar. How about the support carby?
Carbyz can only be used on Arcanist.  Might be able to be used once u hit summoner though not sure about that, but def cant be used cross class.  Just heals and dots go cross class.

That's unfortunate... I really wanted to play an archer with a carby. Sad

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - Navarre - 08-29-2013

Huh, archer doesn't make any sense. Unless I'm missing something. Oh well.

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - Apriline - 08-29-2013

(08-29-2013, 07:37 PM)Navarre Wrote: Huh, archer doesn't make any sense. Unless I'm missing something. Oh well.
Accuracy helps when lobbing fireballs

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - Vinter - 08-30-2013

It doesn't make any sense that arcanist would be necessary. Seeing as how Black Mage has been around since 1.0, and arcanist was added in ARR. They wouldn't just change the requirements and screw over everyone who was a BM before ARR.

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - Asyria - 08-30-2013

Nothing makes any sense as a second class for Black Mage, from a Lore point of view... but they had to put something there. T_T
Archer is the only class I'm leveling purely OOC so far.

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - Salty Lake - 08-30-2013

I have conjurer over 30 from 1.0, and have leveled up arcanist past 15, but I haven't done any conjurer quests yet. Can I unlock white mage, or do I need to finish the conjurer quest line?

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - erosskye - 08-30-2013

Got to do the class specific quests for the level thirty quests I believe

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - Bloodwillow - 08-31-2013

I'm confused ... why don't you open up the Archer class?  Don't see how it is "bricked".

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - Crow Bookkeep - 08-31-2013

I leveled Archer from 1-15 yesterday in about 2 hours, I just did the Hunting logs and fates whenever they popped up near me. Pretty easy to do, I just popped in a movie and mindlessly roamed around Gridania lol.

RE: I Just got black mage wand blocked - Magellan - 08-31-2013

Yea a lot of the job req changes are really odd. Likebthe fact that Bard isn't very bard-y anymore, and that it requires PGL instead of CNJ (i leveled the wrong class too xD)

Why a Black Mage would need archery is.... beyond me.