Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPers Wanted! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPers Wanted! (/showthread.php?tid=4119)

Pages: 1 2 3

RPers Wanted! - Gar - 08-12-2013

~~This whole initial post is highly out of date using an older model. Please refer to later in the thread for the updated information.~~

Hello everyone!

I have recently started building a new Free Company for the Balmung server. In short, it is an umbrella corporation that will be buying out and starting new businesses to create new technology and fund the war efforts to protect Eorzea. So any departments (or sub-groups within the FC) will be made by members to custom fit their characters.

(Click here for the XI:7 page)

As Taryn and I have been building and tweaking the group, we realized that there were a few positions we'd love some people to come in and take over. So we wanted to advertise and see if anyone has a character that would like these opportunities.

General/Strategist

This could be both in one, or two different characters. Taryn is heading up the more secret agent part of the group (I don't want to say they are Turks, but...) so we could use someone to lead the general military force of XI:7. Along those lines I would love to have a Strategist or Advisor for the company to be professionally smarter than the higher ups.

Lawyers/Administrators

This one might be more of a stretch to fill, but I can dream. I picture corporate lawyers and hard working administrators who pull out swords and guns and blow up Empire soldiers. (I might be willing to pay an in-game gil salary for something like this)

Labor King

I wasn't sure what else to call this one. Someone who heads up all the Disciple of Hand type ventures. We would like to have our own Cid, even if our Cid is a Miqo'te girl with no facial hair.

Research & Development

We are starting to form an alliance with our awesome friends over at Mysterium. (Click here for their page) Both our groups are interested working with anything Aether or Magitek related. A lot of XI:7's projects will be done with them, but it'd be great if we could get someone with us to dabble in these research projects and make XI:7's magical technology stronger. (A mad scientist or two wouldn't hurt...)

Creativity

If there is any business or team that XI:7 can fund, we will do it. We are excited to see what members will come in and create within our sandbox.

People to RP With

Finally, we're really looking for anyone to have fun with, inside or outside of our group. If your character or your RP group is looking for more plot and people to meet/work with, let us know! We want to do our best to form ties all throughout the community so we can all have a more expansive experience.

RE: RPers Wanted! - Naunet - 08-12-2013

I think ya'll folk and the CRA should have some fun... interactions. :3

RE: RPers Wanted! - Nova - 08-12-2013

Ooh I definitely think I may have interest in filling a role you listed, maybe the military/strategist role. I'm sure Elkabong will also be interested in joining as well, I would ask him but he is laying next to me softly snoring. So I will talk to him in the morning.

I really love the idea behind your group, and would be more then happy to help in anyway I can.

EDIT: probably should add that I do have experience RPing a military leader and strategist. It was a bit of a different setting, SW-TOR, but I RPed the leader of a para-military group for almost a year.

However if you have that spot filled I am still interested in just RPing in the FC

RE: RPers Wanted! - Pastry Army - 08-12-2013

I think I just found the FC that will allow me to bring  my all time favorite RP character to the FF14 universe. I have my interested peaked at that Labor King position you have so handily put into your inner workings.

RE: RPers Wanted! - Gar - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:00 AM)Nova Wrote: Ooh I definitely think I may have interest in filling a role you listed, maybe the military/strategist role. I'm sure Elkabong will also be interested in joining as well, I would ask him but he is laying next to me softly snoring. So I will talk to him in the morning.

I really love the idea behind your group, and would be more then happy to help in anyway I can.

EDIT: probably should add that I do have experience RPing a military leader and strategist. It was a bit of a different setting, SW-TOR, but I RPed the leader of a para-military group for almost a year.

However if you have that spot filled I am still interested in just RPing in the FC

It sounds like you'd be a good fit for the job. This particular spot will be working closely with both me and Taryn who is head of our CRISIS division. Details after that will be up to you. I'll basically give you freedom to create your own sub-group with any titles or anything else up to your choosing. (Though I will say the title "Commander" is taken. Anything else is free game. Big Grin)

@Pastry Army, Like I mentioned, any titles/names are your choosing. So don't think you'll be stuck with "Labor King." I'd love to have ya as part of the crafting/gathering side of things. After release we're going to try and build some relations with the crafting guilds, so it should be oodles of fun.

Once Beta opens up I'll be throwing out linkshells until we can get the FC officially formed. But feel free to PM me on here to discuss things before the game goes live. We can even start RPing people in via Skype, or anything else if you are as impatient as I am to RP.

(08-12-2013, 03:26 AM)Garryson Wrote: @Pastry Army, Like I mentioned, any titles/names are your choosing. So don't think you'll be stuck with "Labor King." I'd love to have ya as part of the crafting/gathering side of things. After release we're going to try and build some relations with the crafting guilds, so it should be oodles of fun.

Excellent. Excellent. She'll be your Labor Queen! Mhuhahahahaha ...Name tentative though.. Anywhoser yes yes we should talk most deff as you have peaked my interest.

Question: How do you feel about bombs? Lots and lots of bombs.

RE: RPers Wanted! - Gar - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:34 AM)undefined Wrote: Question: How do you feel about bombs? Lots and lots of bombs.

Hahahaha! Literally one of the first questions my character was gonna ask Mysterium was if they can make bombs. Garryson has a fascination with bombs and fireworks. XI:7 will make it rain with gil for bombs of all varieties.

(08-12-2013, 03:38 AM)Garryson Wrote: Hahahaha! Literally one of the first questions my character was gonna ask Mysterium was if they can make bombs. Garryson has a fascination with bombs and fireworks. XI:7 will make it rain with gil for bombs of all varieties.

We sir are in business. The character I was thinking for this happens to love her bomb work. . .yes this will work wonders.

(08-12-2013, 03:34 AM)Pastry Army Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 03:26 AM)Garryson Wrote: @Pastry Army, Like I mentioned, any titles/names are your choosing. So don't think you'll be stuck with "Labor King." I'd love to have ya as part of the crafting/gathering side of things. After release we're going to try and build some relations with the crafting guilds, so it should be oodles of fun.

Excellent. Excellent. She'll be your Labor Queen! Mhuhahahahaha ...Name tentative though.. Anywhoser yes yes we should talk most deff as you have peaked my interest.

Question: How do you feel about bombs? Lots and lots of bombs.

I like you, you can sit next to me Big Grin

(08-12-2013, 03:44 AM)Nova Wrote: I like you, you can sit next to me Big Grin

Okay. But only if we can cuddle.

(08-12-2013, 03:26 AM)Garryson Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 03:00 AM)Nova Wrote: Ooh I definitely think I may have interest in filling a role you listed, maybe the military/strategist role. I'm sure Elkabong will also be interested in joining as well, I would ask him but he is laying next to me softly snoring. So I will talk to him in the morning.

It sounds like you'd be a good fit for the job. This particular spot will be working closely with both me and Taryn who is head of our CRISIS division. Details after that will be up to you. I'll basically give you freedom to create your own sub-group with any titles or anything else up to your choosing. (Though I will say the title "Commander" is taken. Anything else is free game. Big Grin)

@Pastry Army, Like I mentioned, any titles/names are your choosing. So don't think you'll be stuck with "Labor King." I'd love to have ya as part of the crafting/gathering side of things. After release we're going to try and build some relations with the crafting guilds, so it should be oodles of fun.

Once Beta opens up I'll be throwing out linkshells until we can get the FC officially formed. But feel free to PM me on here to discuss things before the game goes live. We can even start RPing people in via Skype, or anything else if you are as impatient as I am to RP.

Awsome my skype is sapphire584 so feel free to hit me up and we can get to hammering details or just RPing Big Grin

(08-12-2013, 03:48 AM)Pastry Army Wrote:

*brings extra cuddly blanket and Elkabong*

(08-12-2013, 03:53 AM)Nova Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 03:26 AM)Garryson Wrote:

Awsome my skype is sapphire584 so feel free to hit me up and we can get to hammering details or just RPing Big Grin

(08-12-2013, 03:48 AM)Pastry Army Wrote:

*brings extra cuddly blanket and Elkabong*
*cuddles up in blankets*

We're sharing skypes now? Oh I want in!
pastry-army -Das me.

RE: RPers Wanted! - FreelanceWizard - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:38 AM)Garryson Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 03:34 AM)undefined Wrote: Question: How do you feel about bombs? Lots and lots of bombs.

Hahahaha! Literally one of the first questions my character was gonna ask Mysterium was if they can make bombs. Garryson has a fascination with bombs and fireworks. XI:7 will make it rain with gil for bombs of all varieties.

Funny you should ask about Mysterium and bombs... Smile

I foresee some trips into Copperbell Mines. For, y'know, "research." It couldn't have anything to do with, oh, "collecting" samples...

RE: RPers Wanted! - Dromwald - 08-12-2013

Well I think there could be some fun in playing a corporate lawyer; all that wheeling and dealing, writing up convoluted contracts with the most minute small script available, delicate negotiations, oiling the wheels of industry *cough* etc, etc. So I'll give it a bash if you likeSmile

RE: RPers Wanted! - Valtiere - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 09:12 AM)Dromwald Wrote: Well I think there could be some fun in playing a corporate lawyer; all that wheeling and dealing, writing up convoluted contracts with the most minute small script available, delicate negotiations, oiling the wheels of industry *cough* etc, etc. So I'll give it a bash if you like

I personally am fascinated by this angle. I don't have the head for it myself but I can see if being a ton of fun RPing with someone who does. Big Grin Seriously, ever since I saw your suggestion about it in the XI:7 LS thread I've been hooked on it. I would love to see this.

Quote:Question: How do you feel about bombs? Lots and lots of bombs.

I am good with someone who can supply us with things that go boom. Smile We should get together some time and talk about, ahem, possibilities...

Quote:I foresee some trips into Copperbell Mines. For, y'know, "research." It couldn't have anything to do with, oh, "collecting" samples...

Of course not; it's all completely innocent. Our good friends wouldn't be involved in anything deceptive now would they? It's just harmless research...

On a slightly more serious note, its cool to see some interest in this. Big Grin I look forward to meeting everyone.