Hydaelyn Role-Players
Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? (/showthread.php?tid=4062)

Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - binaryravenx - 08-27-2013

XXXXXX

RE: Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - Nimarhie - 08-27-2013

I've been thinking about it... considering that I play my ARR character more than my 1.0 characters I wouldn't mind jumping on one, my cousin and his wife play on the Japanese servers (they always do anyway), even in ff11 they played on the JP servers I think.

RE: Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - Magellan - 08-27-2013

The RPC's stance has been pretty clear on this; they will only officially support Balmung and Gilgamesh. Doesn't mean you can't unofficially try to create a JP RP server. You can even advertise your LS and/or FC here. But to support even two communities is quite a lot, and honestly with all the issues people are having, and all the frustrations going around, its a good time for those two communities to really help each other out, not to try and create even more communities.

RE: Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - Asyria - 08-27-2013

You have to realize that the issues we're having now are temporary. Extremely annoying while they last, but temporary.

Once it's all fixed and done, what will happen?
You'll have a lot of folks all spread out all over the severs. In most (perhaps not all, but surely most) cases, those players will realize that their server doesn't have much of a RP community. So RPers will do what they always do when this happens... they'll migrate to a server with a bigger RP community. 

Been there, done that... so this time I'm staying right where I am and hoping my patience with these issues will be rewarded by stability.

I don't mean to shut down the idea.
I'm only saying this to warn against the possibility of rushing out pursuing false hopes.
I did say possibility, not certainty, as perhaps it's on of those newer servers that will be the Last Bastion of RP. I don't know.
I'm simply evaluating my chances and picking what I think is the safest choice.

RE: Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - binaryravenx - 09-01-2013

XXXXXX

RE: Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - Asyria - 09-02-2013

It's certainly all right to ask. ^^

For the first time today though, I've seen the lobby unable to load Japanese server list.
I guess they're having problems too, perhaps due to americeuropeans overflowing them.
It's also the first time I'm getting a 1017 past midnight eastern. o_O

I can only hope that when they said they'd improve their servers, they meant  something big, or we'll start having trouble again not too long after they resume digital sales.

RE: Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - Aleister - 09-03-2013

(09-02-2013, 12:57 AM)Asyria Wrote: It's certainly all right to ask. ^^

For the first time today though, I've seen the lobby unable to load Japanese server list.
I guess they're having problems too, perhaps due to americeuropeans overflowing them.
It's also the first time I'm getting a 1017 past midnight eastern. o_O

I can only hope that when they said they'd improve their servers, they meant  something big, or we'll start having trouble again not too long after they resume digital sales.
Perhaps but I do recall somewhere that supposedly that today the JP were gonna be toyed with first.. So that might have been it? -shrug- I'm really hoping the problems are fixed so people can come in.

RE: Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - Zenogaist-Zero - 09-04-2013

considering the limitations in server capacity, we might not have a choice to consider more worlds for RPing.

And the fixes for today aren't supposed to raise the 5000 active player limit so far. It seems like changing that limit would mean re-thinking the whole server architecture.

if possible, it would be really nice to try knowing where all the stranded role players are and check which world has the least over population.

well, let's see what will happen after tomorrow's fixes are done.

RE: Any consideration for a Japanese RP server? - binaryravenx - 09-04-2013

XXXXXX