Hydaelyn Role-Players
The competition - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The competition (/showthread.php?tid=397)

Pages: 1 2 3

The competition - Hayden - 08-16-2010

I am just curious as to which other MMO's (or future in development MMO's) have cought your interests as possible competition for FFXIV.

I was looking at the DC Universe Online Trailer, as well as the Dragon Ball Online Trailer, and they both look like they are games I would enjoy.

With out resorting to trolling, which games are YOU interested in if FFXIV doesn't work out for you? There are MANY to choose from.

Re: The competition - ArmachiA - 08-16-2010

Star Wars: The Old Republic, which I will actually be playing on top of FFXIV once it's released.

Re: The competition - Kashemia - 08-16-2010

SW:TOR, which I also expect to play next to FFXIV if both keeps my interest.
GW2 sounds promising if they manage to add all the stuff they're talking about.
I've been sort of interested in Secret World for a while, but haven't really payed much attention lately.
Blade and Soul looks pretty neat too.

Re: The competition - Mycroft - 08-16-2010

SW TOR: Another story-driven MMO, yay!
That and Bioware rarely disappoint in their endeavors.

DCUO: Being the sucker that I am, I thought that Champions Online would be fantastic.. Unfortunately it's just a horrible grindfest, with only one redeeming factor.. Fantastic RP opportunities.
Now I'm looking forward to this, in the hopes of getting a Superhero-MMO with some exciting gameplay and customization options.

Re: The competition - Hayden - 08-16-2010

Malrend Wrote:Now I'm looking forward to this, in the hopes of getting a Superhero-MMO with some exciting gameplay and customization options.

Yea, see I am hoping the Super Powers go beyond Mini Super Man Clones. Like Can I be a Green Lantern? Can I have powers like the Atom? Or Giganta? Will I be able to be a power-less hero and rely on my wits, smarts and gadgets like batman? Will I be able to choose between a slew of different powers? Or will it be limited to super strength, speed and some sort of fire/ice/lightening ability.

Also, Im not supprised not many are interested in Dragon Ball Online. IT DOES appear to be an awesome universe for RP and story telling, speically since they trashed the Anime and GT and such and are basing it STRICTLY off the Manga. It holds promise.

Re: The competition - Zyanya - 08-16-2010

I'm jumping on the SW:TOR bandwagon once it drives by (unless I change my mind once it's released). I'm trying not to get too swayed by other MMOs that will be released soon (MMO overload!), although I may play DC Universe with my hubby some as he is dead set on getting it.

Re: The competition - Mycroft - 08-16-2010

Azreiel Wrote:Yea, see I am hoping the Super Powers go beyond Mini Super Man Clones. Like Can I be a Green Lantern? Can I have powers like the Atom? Or Giganta? Will I be able to be a power-less hero and rely on my wits, smarts and gadgets like batman? Will I be able to choose between a slew of different powers? Or will it be limited to super strength, speed and some sort of fire/ice/lightening ability.

Also, Im not supprised not many are interested in Dragon Ball Online. IT DOES appear to be an awesome universe for RP and story telling, speically since they trashed the Anime and GT and such and are basing it STRICTLY off the Manga. It holds promise.

I believe that they promised us a power set for Super-speed fighting, which is something I've always wanted to see.
As for the Hard light powers, we can only hope.. The Gadgets, martial arts and such should be there from the get-go though.

I want to like Dragon Ball Online, because it seems like they've taken it seriously.. But I must say that I'll most likely only pick it up if I lack anything else to play.. Which is unlikely.

Re: The competition - Asyria - 08-16-2010

Star Wars looks pretty cool, but I'm a bigger fan of Final Fantasy than of Star Wars so it's a non-issue for me.
If I'm still playing FF XIV in about 2 years (I hope I am) there will be Dark Millenium Online but it's not looking so well as they have already admitted of wanting to make a WoW clone. I liked WoW but the reason I'm so happy with FF XIV is because it's -different- from it..

Re: The competition - Kashemia - 08-16-2010

I'm not a super huge Star Wars fan either, but my partner is, so I'm pretty sure I'll be dragged into something Tongue And the game looks nice, though I like the style of FFXIV better so far Smile

Re: The competition - Tadir - 08-16-2010

I AM a super big Star Wars fan, and I was extremely excited about SWTOR. I'm just disappointed with how it's been evolving. I'll probably check it out and play for a bit, but I don't expect it to be a commitment like this. Too many Jedi. I don't like Jedi.

Re: The competition - Seraphine Felstar - 08-16-2010

:: hides her Star Wars collection ::

Star Wars is for dorks >.>

Seriously, I have enough on my plate with Cataclysm, FFXI, and FFXIV. I'd love to narrow it down to one MMO but I just can't give up WoW or FFXI cold turkey Cry

Re: The competition - Tadir - 08-16-2010

It's okay Crystal. We're here for you. We can get through this together. Take it one day at a time, one step as you go. We have faith in you.

Re: The competition - Seraphine Felstar - 08-16-2010

LOL!

During high school my bedroom was all Star Wars memorabilia and one day a cable guy had to come over to fix my tv set up. When he came back out to the living room where my mom and I were sitting he said, "I'm done in your son's room." My mom started laughing and I wanted to just die :oops:

Re: The competition - Renaise - 08-16-2010

I was really looking forward to SW:TOR after the beta... meh...

We will see if they improve it from now till then. Smile

Re: The competition - Hiname - 08-16-2010

Waitasecond.

The starwars mmo has... SITH PUREBLOODS as a playable race? 0__o

Someone please slap me, but, arent they.. like.. gone since several thousand years?