Hydaelyn Role-Players
A sad day - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A sad day (/showthread.php?tid=3949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

A sad day - Orin - 08-24-2013

A quote from Yoshi P from a twiiter link. Looks like a few of us may have to wait before we can get in on some rp action. Both Balmung and Gilgamesh are filled up. So who wants to start kicking out the non rp'ers Smile

"[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif, 'MS Pゴシック']Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif, 'MS Pゴシック']The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif, 'MS Pゴシック']In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif, 'MS Pゴシック']We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.[/font]

RE: A sad day - Bluefear - 08-24-2013

Thanks for posting that information. I had a feeling that was the case.

So are there any plans on designating a third RP server for those who are unable to create characters on Balmung and Gilgamesh?

RE: A sad day - Orin - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 11:00 PM)Bluefear Wrote: Thanks for posting that information. I had a feeling that was the case.

So are there any plans on designating a third RP server for those who are unable to create characters on Balmung and Gilgamesh?
If not we will gather all of the outcast and take a poll on which server to select. Lets try to keep this post going and reach out to the others who are not gonna be able to get in.

RE: A sad day - Bluefear - 08-24-2013

Agreed.

There has to be quite a few of us out there.

RE: A sad day - Shandril - 08-24-2013

Im on the outside too for now im dawdling around on Faerie ^^

RE: A sad day - Orin - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 11:37 PM)Shandril Wrote: Im on the outside too for now im dawdling around on Faerie ^^
Nice to meet you, I am seeking out the leaders of the RPC for justification for a new rp server if we are not allowed to join in on Bal or Gil

RE: A sad day - Brave - 08-25-2013

(08-24-2013, 11:03 PM)Orin Wrote:
(08-24-2013, 11:00 PM)Bluefear Wrote: Thanks for posting that information. I had a feeling that was the case.

If not we will gather all of the outcast and take a poll on which server to select. Lets try to keep this post going and reach out to the others who are not gonna be able to get in.

First off I want to commend you all for persevering.  With the information you've shared, it's made it necessary to start thinking about new places to expand a growing community (It hasn't even reached official launch yet and they've capped servers).  BUT to call yourselves outcast is hurtful to the rest of us.  "We" didn't say you couldn't join a server.  Many of the people here tried to encourage you and wanted you to join the world we were in.  This is a sad day...
But it's sad for all of us, not just the people who were locked out.

I still hope to see some of you join Gilgamesh or Balmung... server locks will probably go away still imo, because a game does lose subscribers after that initial rush.  Some people buy it, realize it's not for them and move on.  Populations do die down, servers get consolidated, etc etc.

I'm not a moderator or have any real power over this forum or the RPC, but I hope you all find a place to RP, the game is great and should be enjoyed with others, and like you all said before: You aren't alone.

RE: A sad day - Mythie - 08-25-2013

I feel it is a sad day indeed. I am able to login but so many friends who did not have the option to wake up at launch can not access the server.  With Gilgamesh being on lockdown all day,( and even Yoshi P. stating that they have an indeterminate time frame in mind) it is not a bad idea to start looking for an alternative way for those of us who have larger groups to play together.

Our group had no choice, who really wants to lose an entire day of gametime.. and then go back and repeat the same steps?  This community is excellent, but I agree there are going to be some folks left behind.

I myself will be drumming up a linkshell for rp purposes on Faerie with RPers from different games.  These are people I'd like to keep with us, and am a little frustrated that we would have to leave them in the dark.  Especially since they have (most of them) never played a Final Fantasy title.  I do not mind at all getting together with some of you on this newer low population server, so we can tell some great stories and clobber monsters!

Officially, it is nice that there is a full linkshell practically on Gilgamesh waiting for all of us.. but practically it of course is going to take a lot of time for some of us to get there.

I will come up with something formal in the next few days to submit, but I feel for you all.  Launch time is always rough.

RE: A sad day - Strife - 08-25-2013

Like most new games (i know this isn't exactly new.....) if you can wait out the first 30 days room is bound to to free up after the included free time expires. 

I know that doesn't really help in the short term. Sad

RE: A sad day - LandStander - 08-25-2013

Things will clear up. I think it is way too early tos tart talking about allowing a 3rd split.

RE: A sad day - Gideon Aryeh - 08-25-2013

Guys I also want to say that I'd really like any of you who were planning to go to Gilgamesh to really consider Balmung, there are a lot of great people playing there and its seriously a good option. You can always come on Gilgamesh once it frees up and make an alt there. Consider Balmung, there is a lot of new fresh blood there to the server who are just starting like many of you. We would -love- to have everyone get in, but if you don't want to wait, please please consider going to Balmung alright?

But if you do wait I can promise you its worth the wait, we are really building something special!

Hope to see you in game!

RE: A sad day - Clover - 08-25-2013

More than ever, we should ask SE for an RP server...

We RPers can't play in any other random server. We're a whole community that must be united, so getting our servers closed isn't something we can simply live with.

RE: A sad day - Magellan - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 02:08 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Guys I also want to say that I'd really like any of you who were planning to go to Gilgamesh to really consider Balmung, there are a lot of great people playing there and its seriously a good option. You can always come on Gilgamesh once it frees up and make an alt there. Consider Balmung, there is a lot of new fresh blood there to the server who are just starting like many of you. We would -love- to have everyone get in, but if you don't want to wait, please please consider going to Balmung alright?

But if you do wait I can promise you its worth the wait, we are really building something special!

Hope to see you in game!

That nice of you to say, but Balmung has had every bit as much problems and issues getting new chars into it as Gilg.

RE: A sad day - Cato - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 02:36 AM)Clover Wrote: More than ever, we should ask SE for an RP server...

We RPers can't play in any other random server. We're a whole community that must be united, so getting our servers closed isn't something we can simply live with.

Agreed. Even if it's something that has been asked already the bloated servers speak for themselves and so it'd be worth letting them know how they could quite easily ease the burden on at least two of the servers.

RE: A sad day - LiadansWhisper - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 02:36 AM)Clover Wrote: More than ever, we should ask SE for an RP server...

I would really like to see this, but I am not sure we have enough of a population to get Square to listen to such a request.