Hydaelyn Role-Players
WTT EU Collector's Edition for NA due to region mixup - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: WTT EU Collector's Edition for NA due to region mixup (/showthread.php?tid=3853)

WTT EU Collector's Edition for NA due to region mixup - Zeraia - 08-22-2013

I'm asking everyone here for help.

I ordered a Collector's Edition from GMG, because they were selling a digital CE of FFXIV, and I couldn't find any on the market because I was specifically not able to buy anything from the SE store. Amazon would not let me buy it because it is limited in my region, which is Singapore. I needed a NA version since my 1.0 account was NA, and GMG did not specifically say that they were selling a EU version.

Fast forward to just before launch, and now I realize that they sold me an EU Collector's Edition, which I can't use on my NA account. I tried going to GMG and they said they are unable to refund the order or change it to EU, because it's been a few months and also because the code were already sent out. I tried going to Square, but I've been trying to get their support chat or telephone number going and it's just not working (Mostly because the chat queue is about 2 hours long and the telephone number isn't working for me. By the way, what is the region code for 1-858-790-7529?).

So now I'm asking for a trade, for someone who has a NA version of the CE, for the EU version of the CE. Please help me if possible. I'm trying all other avenues of support and it's coming up dry.

RE: WTT EU Collector's Edition for NA due to region mixup - Ashren Dotharl - 08-22-2013

If you're talking about getting an EU preorder code then you're in luck, this was actually an error on SE's end, not GMG where the 18 digit code was spitting out EU 20 digit codes. It was posted somewhere on their twitter they were aware of the error (my friend bought her copy from GMG and had the same problem), I'd advise just trying it again since according to the same friend she put the 18 digit code in again last night and it gave her the proper code.
If this isn't what you're referring to then sorry for the inaccurate response!

RE: WTT EU Collector's Edition for NA due to region mixup - C'io Behkt - 08-22-2013

Hehe, just to make it clearer, what Zeraia's wants is an NA CE code. What he will trade for it is an EU CE code. The NA CE code will help preserve Zeraia's 1.0 account, which is tied to North America.

RE: WTT EU Collector's Edition for NA due to region mixup - Ashren Dotharl - 08-22-2013

It is my understanding the only way to upgrade an existing 1.0 account to a CE account was with a PS3 version of the CE, or by using the Digital Upgrade option at launch. Sadly, I think you may have wasted your money either way unless you can find some way to get SE or GMG to fix it for you.

RE: WTT EU Collector's Edition for NA due to region mixup - Raccoon - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 02:35 PM)Zeraia Wrote: By the way, what is the region code for 1-858-790-7529?).

It's a US number, so 1 is the region code, which you've got on there already. So, Singapore's exit code which is 001 or 008 and then just the number you have.

RE: WTT EU Collector's Edition for NA due to region mixup - Zeraia - 08-22-2013

Thank you for the replies, everyone; I managed to find someone who had an US code and managed to exchange the pre-order codes, at the very least. I found out that my CE goodies won't carry over, which I should have already foreseen before, sadly, but at least someone else will get the goodies, so my money isn't all that wasted!