Hydaelyn Role-Players
Body Modification! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Body Modification! (/showthread.php?tid=3733)

Pages: 1 2 3

Body Modification! - S'demyx Tia - 08-19-2013

Just curious to any other 'alternative' people out there. Piercings, tattoos, hell even if you have colorful hair, whatever! 

(I had teal hair for a while, but it's back to plat. blonde)

Anyways. Let's see.. I just got my second septum piercing (took out the first one to get it re-done lower), and I have stretched earlobes. (I'm attempting to get to 32mm ear size right now.)

No tattoos yet, probably will get some knuckle tats eventually *shrugs*. I'm planning to get my angel bites & bridge piercings done before Youmacon! Big Grin

RE: Body Modification! - Flapjack - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 09:53 PM)S Wrote: Just curious to any other 'alternative' people out there. Piercings, tattoos, hell even if you have colorful hair, whatever! 

(I had teal hair for a while, but it's back to plat. blonde)

Anyways. Let's see.. I just got my second septum piercing (took out the first one to get it re-done lower), and I have stretched earlobes. (I'm attempting to get to 32mm ear size right now.)

No tattoos yet, probably will get some knuckle tats eventually *shrugs*. I'm planning to get my angel bites & bridge piercings done before Youmacon! Big Grin

I used to have piercings, but they kept getting caught on various articles of clothing so I took all of them out.

As for tattoos, I have quite a few.  All my tattoos are of my own design and/or composition.  My right arm is fully sleeved, I have a very large memorial piece on my left side.  It goes from just under my left nipple to under my left shoulderblade.  Then I have a colored piece on my upper back.  The sleeve is black and grey.  The one on my side in just line work.  Since it is a memorial piece, I wanted it to remain unfinished.

Luckily I work in the Film VFX industry, so nobody gives a damn what I look like.

RE: Body Modification! - Cato - 08-19-2013

I've always had an aversion towards any sort of piercing, so I doubt I'll ever get one myself! It's not so much the pain that makes me cringe but the idea that it could potentially be pulled out after being caught on something or torn away by a spiteful individual.

I do hope to get a tattoo eventually, though. I was toying with the idea of a sword for a while - likely somewhere I can easily obscure it from view in order to avoid potential issues in future employment.

RE: Body Modification! - House Sardel - 08-19-2013

Let's see,  I used to have 00mm gauged ears with two extra tight loops on top of one ear but I took them all out to assist in getting a job a long time ago. I just never really bother to put them back in. Besides that, I have an incomplete half-sleeve on my forearm composed of clouds and the words "be brave". Money is a defining factor as to why it remains incomplete and why I do not have more.

RE: Body Modification! - Fox - 08-19-2013

I have a 14 gauge industrial bar on my left ear, numerous piercings in both ears (but this is kinda normal lol). I also have a tattoo on my shoulder that I did the art of and had a wonderful tattoo artist do. Smile I love body modification and would like to do more, like get some smallish gauges but I do worry about getting work as a commercial photographer. I have had weird colors like teal, fire engine red and silver. Teal worked best with my hair, fireengine and silver did not stay in long enough even though it was the same company's hair color. Just didn't work with my hair type. Teal was a lot of fun though. Big Grin

Teaaaaallll~

Show Content

RE: Body Modification! - Fates Skein - 08-19-2013

*waves*

Two tattoos at the moment, attempting to save up for more.  I have plans for roughly 6-7 more that will create an upper back/shoulder piece of totemic significance but it's going to be SO expensive it may never happen. Sad  No piercings though beyond the basic ears- I have allergic reactions to a lot of the less expensive metals (no lie) so again it's more of a cost issue than an aversion.

Planning on throwing some fun color in my hair again, had it bright purple streaked for a bit, that washed out so it became bright white streaked. Tongue  Considering dying the bottom half blue and since my hair is very, very long (I can sit on it) that'll be a LOT of blue. Big Grin

Love hearing people's stories about their tattoos.

RE: Body Modification! - S'demyx Tia - 08-19-2013

Ohoo seems like having tattoos is the biggest trend (and under 12mm stretched ears haha). Though of course tattoos usually have greater symbolic meaning than a piece of metal stuck through your nose.~

What's up with the lack of face/body piercings guys!?

i secretly want to get my nipples & tongue pierced, but i was told that would be, quote un-quote, gay. -__-

If you can't get into an industry like Flapjack, why don't you get silicone plugs Foxberry? I'm a sous chef in a fancy-ass restaurant, and I can wear them for when I go around and chat up customers.

Show Content

That isn't me btw, just a random pic I found online xD

RE: Body Modification! - LandStander - 08-19-2013

I never went all out on tattoo's because they are so expensive. I do have a bit of a half sleeve. As far as piercings go I have snake bites and got my tongue pierced 11 years ago when I was 16. What happened to people doing tongue piercings? lol

I have to take all of my piercings out though once I start my MRI training and I can't get any new ink because when you are getting tattooed small pieces of metal sometimes get into your skin. With the giant magnet on it actually rips open little holes in your skin as it tears the tiny pieces of metal out...so yeah. I have to take everything out.

RE: Body Modification! - Fox - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 11:38 PM)S Wrote: If you can't get into an industry like Flapjack, why don't you get silicone plugs Foxberry? I'm a sous chef in a fancy-ass restaurant, and I can wear them for when I go around and chat up customers.

Cause the things I want won't be so easy to plug, if I wanted snakebites for example or eyebrow piercing. As for gauges some places don't even like the plugs. I have to consider my clients when I work as a commercial photographer. Depending on what I go into some want us completely in full suits and very pristine looks. Its kinda silly but yeah. :/ I live in San Francisco, so they are a little bit more liberal with that sort of thing but a lot of places and clients still don't like it unfortunately.

On another note this is my ink; the post above was acting really weird with spoilers. =_= I had spoiler-ception. 

Show Content

RE: Body Modification! - Quuyn - 08-19-2013

...I have my left ear pierced. (SUCH A BADASS) and an amazing tattoo that I feel like I'll regret in a couple years.

There's no way in hell you're getting pictures, but it's essentially just the letters "Z-Z-Z-Z" in a wavy floaty pattern (Pure Debauchery I know) . I figured, hey why not support my own ailment, or whatever. But that went flying out the window when I got it tattoo'd on my lower abdomen right next to my ___

...Yeeep.

RE: Body Modification! - Azthran - 08-19-2013

Six tattoos, lip and left ear are pierced (Would have more but been having a problem with them rejecting sadly). At the moment nothing special with my hair really but I had dark blue hair in highschool/college then when I first started rocking a mohawk it was alternating black and red. Still have the hawk though it's pretty short right now and my natural hair colour.

RE: Body Modification! - S'demyx Tia - 08-20-2013

(08-19-2013, 11:44 PM)LandStander Wrote: What happened to people doing tongue piercings? lol
Hey I did say I secretly wanted one. I'm worried about them damaging my perfect teeth though ...

(08-19-2013, 11:47 PM)Foxberry Wrote: On another note this is my ink; the post above was acting really weird with spoilers. =_= I had spoiler-ception. 

Show Content

I guess that makes sense. On a lighter note, that is so adorable I just got diabeetus. Cool

(08-19-2013, 11:48 PM)Koyu Wrote: There's no way in hell you're getting pictures, but it's essentially just the letters "Z-Z-Z-Z" in a wavy floaty pattern (Pure Debauchery I know) . I figured, hey why not support my own ailment, or whatever. But that went flying out the window when I got it tattoo'd on my lower abdomen right next to my ___

No offense, but that kinda tattoo makes it seems like your junk is always asleep (aka can't get it up). What a spot to to put it of all places

RE: Body Modification! - Quuyn - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 12:02 AM)S Wrote: No offense, but that kinda tattoo makes it seems like your junk is always asleep (aka can't get it up). What a spot to to put it of all places

Pfft, it's -beside- it, and it was more of a 'I don't want work to hang me.' ...And still, anyone who sees it up close and personal, most likely will have those thoughts instantly washed away.

...Could also be taken as an analogy for an invitation to wake it u- Okay I'll stop now.

RE: Body Modification! - Fox - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 12:02 AM)S Wrote: I guess that makes sense. On a lighter note, that is so adorable I just got diabeetus. Cool

Yeah, clients are weird. I will probably get gauges at least sometime in the future cause I do like the smaller ones I think they're cute. Snakebites will most likely never happen, but ah... ce la vie. :< 

Show Content

That was the art that I did for it several years back. Granted the ink was done much smoother. I haven't gotten it colored and always preferred non-colored ink tbh. Smile

RE: Body Modification! - S'demyx Tia - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 12:08 AM)Koyu Wrote: Pfft, it's -beside- it, and it was more of a 'I don't want work to hang me.' ...And still, anyone who sees it up close and personal, most likely will have those thoughts instantly washed away.

...Could also be taken as an analogy for an invitation to wake it u- Okay I'll stop now.

ε-(´・`) Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

(08-20-2013, 12:08 AM)Foxberry Wrote:
Show Content

That was the art that I did for it several years back. Granted the ink was done much smoother. I haven't gotten it colored and always preferred non-colored ink tbh. Smile

I think I like it better without color as well. Not as distracted from the impressive line work! ^^;