Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hot stuff... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Hot stuff... (/showthread.php?tid=365)

Pages: 1 2

Hot stuff... - Renaise - 08-08-2010

I made the mistake today of trying a sauce made with the hottest pepper on earth, the Ghost Chilli... that was (still is Tongue) absolutely crazy, but was wondering what is the spiciest thing people can and have been able to handle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO6QBq0lx2Y

Tasted bloody nice though XD

Re: Hot stuff... - Aveline - 08-08-2010

Spiciest food I've eaten was at this Thai place I visit from time to time: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/baan-thai-restaurant-portland">http://www.yelp.com/biz/baan-thai-restaurant-portland</a><!-- m -->

Baan Thai! "Low" heat = most place's medium. I can do "medium" and still enjoy the taste of the meal, though I have done "hot" a few times to show I could haha. It is always funny to take some new people who have never been here with us in a group. The guys ALWAYS will try to show how tough they are and inevitably end up with tears streaming down their faces. When you order, the waiter/ress will warn you multiple times, "This is REALLY hot, are you sure you want it that spicy?"

When my boyfriend ordered this fish dinner (forgot the name of what it was exactly), he ordered it "as spicy as you can make it" and the waitress looked like he had just asked her for a gun. The chef actually came out and looked him up and down with a raised eyebrow and said, "Are you SURE." He ate some of it, but couldn't finish. XD I tried a bite and my mouth was warm for the rest of the evening. He was hurting for daaaays.

Re: Hot stuff... - ArmachiA - 08-08-2010

one of my favorite things to do on the internet is watch people on youtube eating that effing pepper. It's hilarious

Re: Hot stuff... - Renaise - 08-08-2010

Kind of a rush though XD

Re: Hot stuff... - Seraphine Felstar - 08-09-2010

Ugh! It's like Zane's hot sauce obsession. He goes after the hottest sauces he can find and drinks bowls of it. Literally until his lips and tongue are white and tears are dripping down his face >< I get a stomachache just watching sometimes.

Re: Hot stuff... - Smiling River - 08-09-2010

Yeah I have a similar obsession with hot sauce, Crystal. Link: Hottest hot sauce ever, comes with a warning label. I've yet to try that, says a couple of drops will put you out. I'm the type of guy who liked to put hot sauce on everything, although not the 'super' hot kind.

Hottest thing I ever ate was "Ass-burner" wings. 'Nuff said.

Re: Hot stuff... - Faust - 08-09-2010

I've never had much tolerance for spicy food. The worst I ever tried was the hottest sauce at some chicken place (Zaxby's or something). I tried a friends and it was awful... couldn't taste anything for the rest of the night, my tongue hurt, and my nose wouldn't stop running. Unfortunately I tried it before I ever got to eat my food, which completely ruined it. I ended up drinking lemonade all night.

My dad had once tried just a tiny drop of Dave's Insanity once and he was eating crackers and milk all night, though I understand that's not even the hottest sauce any more.

Re: Hot stuff... - ArmachiA - 08-09-2010

Mason Wrote:Yeah I have a similar obsession with hot sauce, Crystal. Hottest hot sauce ever, comes with a warning label. I've yet to try that, says a couple of drops will put you out. I'm the type of guy who liked to put hot sauce on everything, although not the 'super' hot kind.

Hottest thing I ever ate was "Ass-burner" wings. 'Nuff said.

hahahahahahahahahaha I want to find these wings

It's at a bar that in my opinion serves the best wings in the city. The 'hotness' scale is:
Mild-->Medium--->Hot---------->Nuclear------------------------------>Assburner

The bartender asked my friend if he is sure he wants to order that, cause many people return them and say they are too hot. Friend says sure, he usually tries spicy food. I eat one of his wings and I am coughing, crying, and my nose is running. It's a sports bar and I am acting like I'm watching a novella. He ordered 20 but needless to say he took most of those home cause we couldn't kill that at the bar.

Re: Hot stuff... - Zane - 08-09-2010

Do you still live in NYC? Seraphine and I were planning to go up sometime either this year or next year and I'd like to know where all the good food is. :p

Are those wings sweet? Because that's the only thing that's stopping me from trying them. I hate it when shops advertise their stuff as hot - and it is - but the sweet taste is just so disgusting I can't even eat them. Cluck-U is my prime example of a culprit that makes sweet wings.

Also, I don't drink the really hot stuff straight. There's a story about this time I went over a friend's house and he had a hot sauce called "The Hottest F&%*in Sauce" he dared me to try it so I put a bunch on my Taco, took a bite and said "Yeah, that is some pretty hot sauce." So as I continue eating the taco, one of my friends accidentally got a drop on his skin. He then ran to the bathroom yelling about how it burned and he couldn't wash it off. He also got it in his eye and yeah... every one was watching me eat that taco while my friend was screaming in pain. XD

I do however drink wingsauce of varying degrees of temperature within reason straight. It is a tradition when I get wings I ask for extra sauce, then drink every bit of sauce left. That stuff is just too good to pass up.

Re: Hot stuff... - Zyanya - 08-09-2010

Anyone living in the US should try Mrs. Renfro's Habanero salsa. It's fantastic but after a while you're reaching for any type of cool liquid... and before you realize what a bad idea it's too late... the fire has spread! Frustrated

Re: Hot stuff... - Axl - 08-09-2010

as some of you may know, I eat buffalo wings nearly every day. I add a bit of sirache to my sauces.

Quote:Do you still live in NYC? Seraphine and I were planning to go up sometime either this year or next year and I'd like to know where all the good food is. :p

Are those wings sweet? Because that's the only thing that's stopping me from trying them. I hate it when shops advertise their stuff as hot - and it is - but the sweet taste is just so disgusting I can't even eat them. Cluck-U is my prime example of a culprit that makes sweet wings.

Yeah I still do. Let me know when you are heading this way and I'll let you know where to go for the wings. Heck maybe we can make a night of it! The wings are right and righteous! They have flavored wings such as BBQ, Teryaki, Buffalo, etc. but then they also have just straight up hot wings going from mild to the aforementioned ass-burner. Those are not sweet in the slightest, just pure wings and BURRRRNNNNN.

Re: Hot stuff... - Eva - 08-09-2010

If you ever come up a bit farther to CT (and I am still planning a trip down there to NJ within the next few months so expect me to be in touch!) you'll have to check out Archie Moore's up here. I think they have 4 or 5 locations now and their wings are voted best in CT almost every year. Heat adjusted to taste, if I remember right. Admittedly, it's been awhile.

I'm of the same, though. The hotter the better. I want to feel my ears tingle. :approve:

Re: Hot stuff... - Seraphine Felstar - 08-09-2010

Every week at Final Fantasy D&D everyone asks when the mysterious Dyterium is going to show up. We'll have to order 150 chucks wings when you come down here. Maybe when Sera is older we can take a trip up to CT because I've heard good things ^^.

We actually have a ton of friends from LoA that live between here and NYC so maybe we can make a day of it. I'm just determined to see central park so I hope the wing place is close XD

Back on topic... I actually use to hate spicy food and would never try any kind of hot sauce before I met Zane. Now I have to have it on my tacos and wings or it's just not acceptable XD I also hate it when wings end up sweet or when the sauce is awesome and the meat is gross. Nothing like biting into a fatty, burnt or bloody wing Cry