Hydaelyn Role-Players
Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game (/showthread.php?tid=3533)

Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - RPCPixxle - 08-13-2013

Hello all. First post. Hopefully not the last.

A quick bit about me. I've been a MMO player for 10+ years. An avid RP'er for about 2. I'm interested in getting back into FF14, after 1.0, and am looking for a guild that suites more of less what I'm interested in.

A place for both End-Game progression, and light to moderate RP. Before you say anything, I realize the difficulty in achieving this. However, enjoying all aspects of a game is something I strive for. 

In my off time, I love role-playing and dungeon crawling. When on call, I'm a serious raider with all-class experience. (3 Year Tank/5 Year Healer//12 Year DPS) With the FF system, I can blend my ability to fill any role without even needing to change toon. Perfect for the indecisive.

Please tell me, is there a place I should look in regards to my request? I am willing to bend more or less, one way or the other.

A side note: I do not often frequent forums, as I tend to enjoy playing games more then I care to debate over them. Unless I'm quarreling about a certain adventure/etc... 

Any help at all would more then appreciated! Thanks in advance; Pixxle the Pally.

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-13-2013

I find myself in a similar situation. I don't personally know of any linkshells/guilds/whatever around here that have formed up for exactly the purpose you describe. I can't speak for Balmung, though - I'm not too familiar with their linkshells at the moment, and they may have one that fits your plans perfectly.

Having my heart set on Gilgamesh, I plan to RP with the Silver Anvil, and park myself in a progression guild for raids. I don't really like mixing the two activities. I do know that Gilgamesh will have a huge progression community, so I expect I'll find what I'm looking for early on.

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Twinflame - 08-13-2013

You best bet is probably to find and endgame Free Company and use Linkshells for your RP. This is what I'm doing. There are some RP free companies that want to try and balance PvE and RP, but there's really no reason to compound those things. I'm both a heavy PvEer and a heavy RPer, so what I did was get myself an RP-friendly Free Company that's going to be very serious about endgame (Unity) and then a Linkshell that's very serious about its RP (CRA). I've gotten a few other Linkshells since, because you can have up to eight, but I do know for sure right up front that both of my interests as a player will be taken care of.

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Aysun - 08-13-2013

I think there are a couple LS/FC's under the Linkshells tab there that could fit that bill!

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Elisea Renyven - 08-13-2013

If you are looking for endgame and roleplaying. Unsung Heroes, our guild actually does moderate to heavy roleplaying and we also have an ooc division that will be doing progression raiding. Our LS is designed for in character things and our FC is designed strictly for OOC with the exception of the guild house. Which is part of the University. I'd consider us mid-core when we do raid, not hardcore but not quite casual either. We won't be racing to 50 though and trying to be world first on content. And we've had plenty of previous raid experience too. We do plan to enjoy ever aspect of the game. If you want to know more about us, we're on the Balmung Linkshell section. Feel free to pm me if you want any information.

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Renna - 08-13-2013

I myself am in the same boat. My primary goal is to run all end game, and earn a relic/relics. During non-event times is when I roleplay. I also tend to be a daytime EST player, which causes more difficulty for finding a core end game group. Most likely I'll have to join an RP linkshell, and an end game FC. I'd love to have both. Only time will tell.

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - CallmeYahweh - 08-13-2013

Yep. Same boat here, too.

I love RP, and I love PvE/Endgame stuff. So I'm looking for a linkshell or two for my RP needs, and a FC for endgame activities.

I was an officer in a pretty serious endgame guild in WoW (Wyrmrest represent!) and I'm definitely looking to clear content in ARR. Especially after hearing the song to the Good King Moggle Mog fight. (Wish I had stuck around in 1.0 for that!)

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Naunet - 08-13-2013

(08-13-2013, 08:00 PM)Twinflame Wrote: so what I did was get myself an RP-friendly linkshell that's going to be very serious about endgame (Unity)

You mean Free Company. xP Unity is a free company. And an RP-friendly one at that, which I would recommend to anyone looking for endgame in ARR! Big Grin The vast majority of us are roleplayers, and though Unity itself is not an IC organization, that's not keeping us from RPing.

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Xeon - 08-13-2013

If you live in Europe or just up at awkward times me and a couple of others are working on making a FC dedicated to those times.

-Xeon

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - LandStander - 08-13-2013

Check out the LS I am in. I joined for the very same reasons you listed. We were talking about the top end game linkshells on Balmung from 1.0 and how we hopefully plan to be on that list as well. Luckily they don't force anyone to do endgame which I think is a relief because I hate being told what to do and when to do it >.> /anarchy. Some members have also taken the liberty of already discussing strategies for end game dungeons with what we know so far about the game. They are also lovers of PvP if that floats your boat as well ^^

Night Blades

I am sure a decent amount of RP shells/companies are planning on doing some endgame stuff as well though. And you can always browse around the "Linkshells" tab at the top of the website ^^

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Reppu - 08-13-2013

My suggestion: Take your time. Crystal Tower won't be out for a few months, and the Labyrinth shouldn't require you to commit ASAP. Shop around. Every player is going to be as valuable as the next. Don't pre-emptively tie yourself down to anyone.

Get to know what you're getting yourself into, above all else. The best way to ruin your game experience, is to jump toward the first, second, or third offer. The people that you're most likely to enjoy, are the people who are going to understand why it's best to shop around when it comes to RP.

OOCly signing myself onto something which little to no IC RP development just seems... bizzare to me. But it never hurts to pick up a few linkshells. Just, personally? Don't join a Free Company yet. Give it a week or two at least.

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - CallmeYahweh - 08-14-2013

(08-13-2013, 11:20 PM)Reppu Wrote: My suggestion: Take your time. Crystal Tower won't be out for a few months, and the Labyrinth shouldn't require you to commit ASAP. Shop around. Every player is going to be as valuable as the next. Don't pre-emptively tie yourself down to anyone.

Get to know what you're getting yourself into, above all else. The best way to ruin your game experience, is to jump toward the first, second, or third offer. The people that you're most likely to enjoy, are the people who are going to understand why it's best to shop around when it comes to RP.

This is an especially good point, and one that I am torn on. The best linkshells/guilds I've been in have been the ones that I've been a part of from the ground up.

That being said, I am hesitant to commit entirely to a FC right now because the game hasn't launched yet and who knows whether the company will be around in six months to a year from now.

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Twinflame - 08-14-2013

(08-13-2013, 08:29 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 08:00 PM)Twinflame Wrote: so what I did was get myself an RP-friendly linkshell that's going to be very serious about endgame (Unity)

You mean Free Company. xP Unity is a free company. And an RP-friendly one at that, which I would recommend to anyone looking for endgame in ARR! Big Grin The vast majority of us are roleplayers, and though Unity itself is not an IC organization, that's not keeping us from RPing.

Yes I did mean that. Thanks. >_<

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - Reppu - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 12:04 AM)CallmeYahweh Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 11:20 PM)Reppu Wrote: My suggestion: Take your time. Crystal Tower won't be out for a few months, and the Labyrinth shouldn't require you to commit ASAP. Shop around. Every player is going to be as valuable as the next. Don't pre-emptively tie yourself down to anyone.

This is an especially good point, and one that I am torn on.  The best linkshells/guilds I've been in have been the ones that I've been a part of from the ground up.  

That being said, I am hesitant to commit entirely to a FC right now because the game hasn't launched yet and who knows whether the company will be around in six months to a year from now.

There's something to consider joining a fresh FC, one that you personally can help build up. My advice is mostly geared toward the ones that have been around since 1.0, or the earlier Beta Phases. Definitely consider my caution to any established FC.

Not that you won't fit in or anything like that, but simply because you need to use your wiggle room, and time to grow. I'm considering forging my own FC, but I'm not really rolling up an RP concept that can be actually be a -real- leader. More of a 'THINKS she is, but is really just being humored'.

So, yeah. My OOC leadership abilities are invalid~!

RE: Casual Hardcore LF RP/End-Game - AkhutaiAngura - 08-14-2013

./shamelessplugforBladesofNald'thal.

Nah, but seriously. Like several others that have posted, we're very much an RP FC.. the FC itself is IC in terms of guildchat, and the hall and all. We'll have an associated LS for OOC chatter. Ashren and myself, and surely the other few we've got, are very interested in getting into the 8 man once we get the members to support it. Check us out, we're in the guild hall. Our website is tbon.enjin.com