Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hi, everyone! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hi, everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=3525)

Hi, everyone! - MissYecats - 08-13-2013

Hello, everyone!  I just wanted to extend a nice greeting, and I look forward to seeing and interacting with many of you in the coming month.  (I'll likely be starting on Gilgamesh, even though I had a character on Balmung.)

Anyways, I guess I'll answer the little welcome questions:

--MMORPG Background
My first ever exposure to an MMORPG was with Ragnarok Online back in 2002 or 2003 (i think!).  Although I didn't play it for too terribly long, the genre itself really grabbed me right away.  Not long after, I began playing Final Fantasy XI... an easy choice, as I've always loved the series.  I played this on and off until the past year.  I played (and still occasionally play/RP in) World of Warcraft, but the world itself doesn't do as much for me.  I have a very relaxed attitudes towards MMORPGs  and games in general.  I enjoy taking the time to smell the roses, meet people, RP, and go at my own pace.

--Character Ideas
I don't wish to go into a ton of detail about this right away, but my character (Lucindea Ysabel, Hyur Midlander) is a healer, loves helping and taking care of others, somewhat quiet and lady-like, but loves to explore and see new places.  She's very friendly and approachable, and I largely take many of her traits from my own personality.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
From searching on Google!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Medium to heavy!  I'm pretty much always in character in-game, though that doesn't mean I'm against discussing day to day life, too out of character.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I work full-time doing all sorts of things at a small company.. designing documents, graphics, writing manuals, and so forth.  I love to be creative!  Photography and music are two passions of mine.  Landscape/Wildlife photography and Piano/Classical Guitar to be specific.  I also love to read and write, of course.

RE: Hi, everyone! - Abaigeal - 08-13-2013

HI and Welcome!! You seem awfully cheerful and I love it!! ♥

RE: Hi, everyone! - AetherBaby - 08-13-2013

Welcome to RPC ^_^  

I like your midlander idea, she sounds nice. Our chars would probably get along really well if they met IC  hehe Tongue 

Chocobo ChocoboChocoboChocoboChocobo

RE: Hi, everyone! - Teardrop - 08-13-2013

Ooohhh, I like the last name Smile!

Won't run into you on Gilgamesh (new player myself, starting fresh like many are on Balmung), but I do wish you luck!

Welcome to RPC Thumbsup !

RE: Hi, everyone! - Nel Celestine - 08-13-2013

[youtube]o7kRLrAQ1uI[/youtube]

So many players from Rangarok Online.  Might have to make a rehab group at this rate XD  Welcome!  I'll Start.  Hi My name is Nel and I was a Turn-Undead priestess.

RE: Hi, everyone! - S'demyx Tia - 08-13-2013

Welcome to le forums

RE: Hi, everyone! - Gideon Aryeh - 08-13-2013

(08-13-2013, 01:03 PM)MissYecats Wrote: Hello, everyone!  I just wanted to extend a nice greeting, and I look forward to seeing and interacting with many of you in the coming month.  (I'll likely be starting on Gilgamesh, even though I had a character on Balmung.)

Anyways, I guess I'll answer the little welcome questions:

--MMORPG Background
My first ever exposure to an MMORPG was with Ragnarok Online back in 2002 or 2003 (i think!).  Although I didn't play it for too terribly long, the genre itself really grabbed me right away.  Not long after, I began playing Final Fantasy XI... an easy choice, as I've always loved the series.  I played this on and off until the past year.  I played (and still occasionally play/RP in) World of Warcraft, but the world itself doesn't do as much for me.  I have a very relaxed attitudes towards MMORPGs  and games in general.  I enjoy taking the time to smell the roses, meet people, RP, and go at my own pace.

--Character Ideas
I don't wish to go into a ton of detail about this right away, but my character (Lucindea Ysabel, Hyur Midlander) is a healer, loves helping and taking care of others, somewhat quiet and lady-like, but loves to explore and see new places.  She's very friendly and approachable, and I largely take many of her traits from my own personality.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
From searching on Google!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Medium to heavy!  I'm pretty much always in character in-game, though that doesn't mean I'm against discussing day to day life, too out of character.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I work full-time doing all sorts of things at a small company.. designing documents, graphics, writing manuals, and so forth.  I love to be creative!  Photography and music are two passions of mine.  Landscape/Wildlife photography and Piano/Classical Guitar to be specific.  I also love to read and write, of course.
Welcome to the site! Feel free to ask any questions. If you decide to start on Gilgamesh hope to see you at the events!

RE: Hi, everyone! - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-13-2013

Welcome to the party! If you have any questions, grab any of the people in this thread, or check out the excellent mentor thread sticky.

If you like Skype chats, we've got a massive OOC Gilgamesh skype group for idle-chit-chat, planning, and the like, Rock or myself can hook you up with that. We're all looking forward to smelling the roses with you.

RE: Hi, everyone! - Silverlight - 08-15-2013

*wave* hello and welcome ^^

RE: Hi, everyone! - Vee - 08-15-2013

Welcome!! What can be said that hasn't all ready been said? Well firstly, I love meeting characters who spend most of their in-game time in-character. I do drop mine in some cases (PvP, PvEing), but for the most part if someone approaches me I always oblige the roleplay goodness! Secondly, your name is heavenly - and now I just want to see what your character looks like. Bouncy