Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Greetings," the newbie stammers. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: "Greetings," the newbie stammers. (/showthread.php?tid=2879)

"Greetings," the newbie stammers. - noClue - 07-17-2013

Hi everyone!

I'm completely new to RP, but I thought to myself "you know what I need to stop thinking about it and just go do it." I've always loved the RP community in MMOs, easily my favorite servers to play on. Everyone was always a joy to be around and pretty nice compared to those other servers. However I never got into RP because... well I don't know why. I was never one to jump into things and I never had friends that enjoyed it. Hell my friends mostly mock it... sigh.

Anyone remember the game in Starcraft Broodwar UMS back in about 2002ish that was just a big sandbox environment? You built stuff and picked your little heroes and just started RPing. Yeah I pretty much thrived on that game mode so it's really baffling why I ventured away from RP as I grew up.

With that said the paragraph above is my only experience I ever had, which isn't much. With the release on FF14:ARR around the corner I really want to get back into it but I admit I hesitate. I don't know if I have the right stuff to do it! Hopefully I'll be able to jump into this world of roleplaying without any problems. The one thing I'm concerned about is upsetting someone because of my ignorance.

Show Content

RE: "Greetings," the newbie stammers. - Teardrop - 07-17-2013

Welcome!  Glad you took the always-difficult step of sharing a little about yourself...the rest will come easier as you go Wink!  You can make an RP directory (that explains a little about your role-play thoughts and principles), on either the Balmung or Gilgamesh Directory sub-forums, and if you have a firm concept for a character already, why not make a wiki Big Grin?

Good luck!

RE: "Greetings," the newbie stammers. - Abaigeal - 07-17-2013

hello and welcome

ohhh!! Interesting. Taking the rp plunge!! I thing you'll do fine!! Everyone is a little anxious about it at first but  once you get started you'll see it becomes addicting fast!!! 

Iironically I am the inverse of you!! I started outwith rp and moved to mmo. Its a bit odd at forst. But again its also super fun and addicting.

everyone here can help you along the way!!
Its kind of hard to upset someone here unless you directly insult them! Lol. So don't worry!! We're here to halp!!! 

pleasure meeting you! And hope you enjoy it here!

RE: "Greetings," the newbie stammers. - noClue - 07-17-2013

(07-17-2013, 09:48 AM)Teardrop Wrote:
Show Content
I been trying to fill out some list of 100 questions I found on here for fun. I thought i had a good idea of what I wanted but then I realized I was wrong! I only scratched the surface in my mind lol. The one thing I have noticed after reading stuff is the whole "your heroes story" dealio. Hosting something with your characters story and I don't know if it's really common or not but I'd rather sit back and enjoy the stories of everyone else.

I always grew attached to those characters in stories that played minor roles. The old man with the wise words, the gentleman who assists the MC out of good will. The regular characters that live a normal life that you never get to learn about yet always are there to push and help the characters that appear before them. I've always really wished that game developers would add an older body model so I could roleplay those type of characters instead of having a 50 year old that's in a 20 year olds body.

(07-17-2013, 09:50 AM)Abaigeal Wrote:
Show Content
Ahhh, I know that I'll just end up doing something that I shouldn't do and just ruin the moment that someones in ;-;. So many pitchforks will be acquired during my attempts, I know it!

RE: "Greetings," the newbie stammers. - Martiallais - 07-17-2013

Welcome aboard! Just like diving into a pool, once you get in you'll see the water's just fine. Big Grin Don't worry though, we're all floating around in RP too, so we won't let you drown. So relax and enjoy yourself, everything'll be fine.