Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive (/showthread.php?tid=2305)

Pages: 1 2

RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Aylis - 06-19-2013

Hey everyone ^^

Sooo, I'd like to bring up a possible event idea I been really wanting to try and put together. I just wanna see if people would find this fitting? Or would like to come and join in to help?

Okay so heres the rough rough backdrop I was sorta working with, so not official yet but I am open to suggestions Big Grin I'm kinda new putting together events >_>

After the Calamity and the lands rebuilt and the return of the Warriors of Light and the new adventurers populating the lands. To pave their own ways, mayhaps with a bit of help.

Soo the jinst is a RP equipment donation drive. A place for crafters to come and meet and offer aid to the new adventurers of the world. I believe Almaz found a great location to use. Outside Ul'dah exists a shanty town. A place full of down trodden people Ul'dah declines aid and acknowledgement too. Maybe a stage set up where rp crafters come in to aid the population as the back drop? New players seeking aid or advice or directions could find the place. It could be a fun little event for all ^^

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Almaz, Seraphine and myself are signed up and ready!

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Curtis West - 06-19-2013

If I can recover my 1.0 character I wouldn't mind making/getting rid of stuff for brand new players. Sounds like a potentially great place to IC'ly make ground for the Eorzean Labor Union & meet some crafters! I will try to make this event Smile

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Merri - 06-19-2013

Events like this are already on the table for Blue Skies at the moment, and I know I personally will be gearing newer players out with what I can, when I can.

Fully support this idea. :>

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Aysun - 06-19-2013

Aysun's prolly going to be too messed up for awhile to do anything like this right away, but I'd gladly come with my crafting classes OOCly to assist. Smile

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Anzio - 06-19-2013

As a new player I have to say you guys are awesome. Heart

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Aldeus - 06-20-2013

/em puts on a fake moustache "Hello, I am a new player.  May I have free stuff?"

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Eva - 06-20-2013

<Gimly-voice>: "And my... needle!"

No joke, this is right in line with things that Crystalline will be aspiring towards in ARR as a charity organization and I'm very excited at the prospect to help out with something like this. Assuming she is back from that time-rifty thing in-character by then, she will be there and wanting to help. ^_^

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - blackdrakon - 06-20-2013

Once my toon is high enough to make armor and weapons worth giving to new players, I'd be willing to participate in this as well.

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Varus - 06-20-2013

(06-19-2013, 11:07 PM)Aysun Wrote: Aysun's prolly going to be too messed up for awhile to do anything like this right away, but I'd gladly come with my crafting classes OOCly to assist. Smile
AYSUN MAKE ME MORE ARRO-- oh wait. Nevermind.

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Ronberku - 06-20-2013

You can count Ronberku in that. Perhaps we could also find some way to support the new crafters. I'd much rather provide them with materials and have them craft those low level weapons/gear. I don't want the high levelers to be stealing all of the spotlight after all.

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Ciara Snow - 06-20-2013

Id love to help Aylis^^

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Aylis - 06-21-2013

Thanks sooo much everyone for the imput and offers to help all! Big Grin <33333

Yeah to sorta touch base on things Aysun and a few others said, and I should have clarified this in my original post. I was kinda leaning on having it as this more or less non cannon style rp so as to not get in the way of others personal stories. Since Aylis herself too isn't in the most charitable of moods Tongue I'll post more as things become finalized.

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Curtis West - 06-21-2013

Sorry for a dumb question... non-canon? What do you mean by that? Huh

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Eva - 06-21-2013

The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

Non-canon generally refers to an RP event that takes place in a bubble outside the scope of the game's normal natural timeline. This is to say that the events that happen here will not carry consequences that get carried into future RP events/interactions. It's a good way to practice, and it allows people who may not be back from the rift or have no plausible reason to be there to still participate. The drawback to this is that any meaningful exchanges that you may want to regard in the future would never have technically happened, but there are workarounds to this sort of thing as well so long as the parties involved are in agreement. Everything is very subjective.

A specific example using this particular event might be if it was being held in Ul'dah and was non-canon, CharacterX could attend, even though in the game's story CharacterX took a bullet from Garlean gunfire and was bedridden in Gridania.

It's kind of a way of breaking the chains that cause and effect sometimes bind us with. There are pros and cons, like most things.

I hope this explanation helps and does not serve to confuse you further. Dazed

RE: RP Idea: Salvaging/Equipment drive - Curtis West - 06-21-2013

Oh ok, I think I get it... sort of like a alternative timeline thing where whatever happens "doesn't count"? Would it be possible to go there in canon? It's very much something my character would do, and I'd love to use it as an opportunity to meet people IC in the "regular" timeline.