Hydaelyn Role-Players
Player-made Emotes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Player-made Emotes (/showthread.php?tid=2292)

Player-made Emotes - Aeiteil Strand - 06-19-2013

Who else would kill to allow a program later in the future that would allow you to make player made emotes?

I think it would add to the game RP wise, an unbelievable amount! Such as dancer RP characters to make dances unique to them and such!

RE: Player-made Emotes - GuruNation - 06-19-2013

Would it add a lot to the game? Of course. Will they ever add it? The 8-ball says no XD

More or less because I'm sure someone would find a way to troll people with it, and it would just get half the community upset and half the community backing it. Lord knows how much time and resources it would take just to have people fighting over it.

It's a lot harder to trust a game when thousands of the most complicated and complex species are playing it <_<"

RE: Player-made Emotes - Aeiteil Strand - 06-19-2013

(06-19-2013, 01:20 PM)GuruNation Wrote: Would it add a lot to the game? Of course. Will they ever add it? The 8-ball says no XD

More or less because I'm sure someone would find a way to troll people with it, and it would just get half the community upset and half the community backing it. Lord knows how much time and resources it would take just to have people fighting over it.

It's a lot harder to trust a game when thousands of the most complicated and complex species are playing it <_<"
I guess that's true, i know they would never make it.. but the idea is pleasant to me =)

RE: Player-made Emotes - Aldeus - 06-19-2013

/em is good enough for me.  I don't need an animation as long as I have my imagination Big Grin

RE: Player-made Emotes - Anzio - 06-19-2013

Speaking of which is there a way to perform an emote in FFXIV without a chat notification? Like just the animation? I am pretty sure there was a way to do so in FFXI which is why I am curious.

RE: Player-made Emotes - Caeryn - 06-19-2013

@Anzil - in 1.0 you could do it by adding "motion" to the end of your emote.  Like, "/laugh motion"  I haven't tried it in beta yet.

As for player made emotes, even if Square WERE to implement a system for player made emotes (which I don't think they ever will) the vast majority of them wouldn't look very good.  Animation is really freakin' hard, and character animation even harder.  And if they added some kinds of tools to assist in the creation, they'd all come out looking the same.

So it'd just be like having the premade emotes.

I mean, *I'D* use the hell out of a feature like that, but I don't think it's a good idea.

RE: Player-made Emotes - Eva - 06-19-2013

(06-19-2013, 01:49 PM)Selene Wrote: @Anzil - in 1.0 you could do it by adding "motion" to the end of your emote.  Like, "/laugh motion"  I haven't tried it in beta yet.

Confirming that this works in beta (at least in phase 3) and registers for quests and such where emoting at a particular NPC is needed to progress with the quest.

RE: Player-made Emotes - Rhostel - 06-19-2013

Basically, you'd end up with stuff like all those stupid TF2 videos that look like drug-induced nightmares. Except it would be in the game, all around you, constantly.

RE: Player-made Emotes - Aldeus - 06-19-2013

(06-19-2013, 02:49 PM)Rhostel Wrote: drug-induced nightmares.
What is Keith Richards' biography!

RE: Player-made Emotes - Nee Ninean - 06-19-2013

I am still hoping for an evil laugh for Nee. OOOOOOHOhohohohohoho Angel

RE: Player-made Emotes - Aeiteil Strand - 06-19-2013

(06-19-2013, 03:04 PM)Aldeus Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 02:49 PM)Rhostel Wrote: drug-induced nightmares.
What is Keith Richards' biography!
LOL~

(06-19-2013, 03:05 PM)Nee Ninean Wrote: I am still hoping for an evil laugh for Nee. OOOOOOHOhohohohohoho Angel
The terror 0.0

RE: Player-made Emotes - Iseia - 06-19-2013

player made emotes were already put in though o.o; i was able to do them with /em
unless you mean motions that are visible then i think that will be a bit too difficult to code

RE: Player-made Emotes - Folken - 06-19-2013

Not to burst anyone's bubble. But this will never happen. For numerous reasons, but the biggest one being PS3 limitations. Simply cannot process a bunch of character's custom animations etc.

Not to mention it'd be abused far more than it would benefit even if it could make it in. So I'd rather not see it lol.