Hydaelyn Role-Players
No </3 Roegadyn female? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: No </3 Roegadyn female? (/showthread.php?tid=2165)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Cato - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 04:53 PM)J Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 08:30 AM)Dogberry Wrote:
(10-07-2013, 06:54 PM)Theodric Ironheart Wrote:
(10-07-2013, 05:47 PM)Rhuarc Wrote:
(06-14-2013, 06:49 PM)Dogberry Wrote: I'm playing a male Roeg, and I want to see more female Roegs!

Rhuarc is also a male Roegadyn! Big, manly, paladin tank, don't see why its not the most prominent race.

Most likely because they look ridiculous - their proportions are very off and typically the 'big' races tend to be designed to appeal to the sort of player that enjoys overcompensating. It was the same with orcs and tauren in WoW - very few people played them and yet many of those that did seemed to think that 'dey da best lol xD so much biger an strong den every1 else lol xDDDD'. Masculinity is also not linked directly to size, especially when excessive proportions are concerned.

I don't really think that's a fair assessment. I like Roegadyns because I'm a big dude, and I love being big. I want to play a character that's big like me. Is liking my body type overcompensation? I think for the most part, all the races have proportions that are "off". Even Hyurs, where I can play a man with ape arms or a woman made almost entirely of legs. Some people just see them all differently, I guess.
In all fairness, you did say you couldn't see why they're not the most prominent race. I think Theodric's comments were apposite in that regard.

As for this Ron elf, what is all the fuss? Huh

Role-players are rarely praised for having a character that revolves around the typical traits associated with their character's chosen race. You should make your character's sexuality the driving force behind your concept and wiki page so you can be seen in a similar light. Wink

It's like the average blood elf rogue in WoW - flirting with every woman in sight. Elezen role-players are fairly rare in this game, yet those I've come across so far have all - regardless of gender - revolved heavily around flirting and/or sex.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - J'rakh Tia - 10-08-2013

Well, J'rakh is well known for his evening prowls... take that as you will.

Also, *thumbs up* to body sliders for the Miqo'te and Elezen!

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Yloise - 10-08-2013

I certainly will not fall into the typical Elezen (Elf) stereotype. I hate those...too much treble. 

*Bad da bump clash!* Smile

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 04:53 PM)J Wrote: As for this Ron elf, what is all the fuss? Huh

He's gorgeous.... O_O Just... Gorgeous.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Cato - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 07:15 PM)Siobhain Wrote:

Like almost every other Elezen, then.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Sin - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 06:49 PM)Yloise Dolet Wrote: I certainly will not fall into the typical Elezen (Elf) stereotype. I hate those...too much treble. 

*Bad da bump clash!* Smile

I liked it.

(10-08-2013, 07:18 PM)Theodric Ironheart Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 07:15 PM)Siobhain Wrote:

Like almost every other Elezen, then.

Sadly, no, not like every other Elezen; otherwise many more Ele's would appeal to me. Of course, we're speaking from my perspective. I who have one of the biggest butch looking Roes... And who enjoys the look of a Highlander with a split tongue and filed teeth and perpetual circles around his eyes. Personally? I think Elezen's tiny head and sloping shoulders are really hard to make look good. Worse are the faces that the males got saddled with. I don't remember them looking so gaunt and skeletal in 1.0 and pale skin tones (which I see a lot of) don't help much. Ronberku succeeds. Thus far I think his male and Sila Neve's female are two of the prettiest I've seen by my definition of 'pretty'.

But I digress. This thread is about Roegadyn girls.

[Image: g2NS7Fy_zps372bbd43.jpg]

Dem Roegadyn girls.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Lady Whiteraven - 10-08-2013

I need to get me one of those outfits Siobhain. You just need to tell me what it is and I can probably make it.

(10-08-2013, 08:50 PM)Skaenmoen Zaesylbwyn Wrote: I need to get me one of those outfits Siobhain. You just need to tell me what it is and I can probably make it.

I know the pants are like hempen tights... and... dress...shoes? The shirt is... er... er... ah... O_O I really honestly forget the name. It's a something something of crafting though.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Torn Sky - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 09:02 PM)Siobhain Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 08:50 PM)Skaenmoen Zaesylbwyn Wrote: I need to get me one of those outfits Siobhain. You just need to tell me what it is and I can probably make it.

I know the pants are like hempen tights... and... dress...shoes? The shirt is... er... er... ah... O_O I really honestly forget the name. It's a something something of crafting though.

It's a Coatee. Any level one will look like that. The different tiers velveteen/vintage/linen etc. just have differences in the small details and the neck bow thing.

Moogle

(10-08-2013, 09:06 PM)Torn Sky Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 09:02 PM)Siobhain Wrote:

It's a Coatee. Any level one will look like that. The different tiers velveteen/vintage/linen etc. just have differences in the small details and the neck bow thing.

Moogle

You, madam, are a super-helper!

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Lady Whiteraven - 10-08-2013

Thanks Torn Sky! I am pretty sure I can make it, but I may be off by a level or two to actually wear it. Soon enough I guess. Big Grin

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Ronberku - 10-09-2013

*enters the thread only to see all kinds of accusations on his character*
Why am I being picked on T_T! *goes crying in his corner*

Oh well, c'est la vie. At least it's nice to read what people think of my character even if it isn't always positive lol XD.

Onto the thread. I have yet to see Sio in a coatee ingame! I must see it! *puts it as his new goal*

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Rinh Hallani - 10-09-2013

Apparently I'm incapable of stopping myself from creating alts so I made a lovely femroe bard named Dancing Hawk.

[Image: 233ZNpV.jpg]

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Velvet Patches - 10-09-2013

May be a little late to the party, but hey, may as well show Velvet here too.

[Image: 2ccuy5z.jpg]