Hydaelyn Role-Players
NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More (/showthread.php?tid=2144)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Kylin - 06-12-2013

Regarding the NDA:

From SE: "As of June 12, 2013, we grant you permission to disclose information regarding the Beta Test."

You all may now discuss freely aspects of the beta test. Note that screenshots of anything from pre-phase 3, any video, and any audio are still prohibited to be posted on these forums. Disregarding this will result in a mod nuking any content and issuing a warning to the offending party. Continuous infractions can result in a temporary RPC account muting.

Regarding Phase 3:

Phase 3 (test 1) starts Friday morning at 5am ET and goes until June 16th at 5am ET. Old characters apparently do not transfer yet until the next weekend's test. This test is focused on server stability.

Regarding Phase 3 Servers:

For the first phases of beta, the RPC primarily was located on the Tonberry server. SE has now labeled it as a JP datacenter. As such, we may wish to select a NA/EU datacenter instead. Note: Our selection for this is NOT that important and will be null and void after this phase of the beta ends. So please, no arguing over it. NA/EU datacenter servers include: Adamantoise / Behemoth / Cactuar / Cerberus(*) / Coeurl / Goblin / Malboro / Moogle(*)
Ultros / Diabolos / Gilgamesh / Leviathan / Midgardsormr / Odin(*) / Shiva(*)
* EU recommended servers according to SE

Edit: The "informal" decision seems to lean toward temporarily setting up camp on Gilgamesh for RP purposes. Again, this is only temporary until Balmung is restored and/or until SE names an official RP server.

RE: NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Ryanti - 06-12-2013

These are my thoughts that I'm just throwing out here to be digested.

First of all, of course, any server we choose should be our server throughout Phase 3.

It is probably best to be on a US recommended server, since EU servers may contain non-English speaking individuals such as French/German/Italian, etc which might hamper communications more then normal.

And as far as I know, most Phase 3 beta testers in the RPC are US-based.

Again, it's just my thoughts that I feel like projecting outwards.

RE: NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Varus - 06-12-2013

(06-12-2013, 08:43 AM)Ryanti Wrote: These are my thoughts that I'm just throwing out here to be digested.

First of all, of course, any server we choose should be our server throughout Phase 3.

This initial choice doesn't matter because Balmung will be made available in the weekend after, thus giving us access to our characters. Once the Legacy server is reopened, weren't we going to move back to Balmung?

(06-12-2013, 09:03 AM)Tyonis Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 08:43 AM)Ryanti Wrote: These are my thoughts that I'm just throwing out here to be digested.

This initial choice doesn't matter because Balmung will be made available in the weekend after, thus giving us access to our characters. Once the Legacy server is reopened, weren't we going to move back to Balmung?

Is there proof of that? I assume that server list will be the same for the entirety of Phase 3.

If that is true, the things will be complicated this week.. really complicated. For everyone, not just us. Because that means all Legacy characters will have to switch and it'll be back to level 1 again for non-Legacy therefore slowing a bunch of people down from higher level content which is.. counterproductive. So I actually hope they don't do that.

(06-12-2013, 09:53 AM)Ryanti Wrote:

Is there proof of that? I assume that server list will be the same for the entirety of Phase 3.

If that is true, the things will be complicated this week.. really complicated. For everyone, not just us. Because that means all Legacy characters will have to switch and it'll be back to level 1 again for non-Legacy therefore slowing a bunch of people down from higher level content which is.. counterproductive. So I actually hope they don't do that.

Assuming Kylin is correct, Balmung isn't open yet, hence why the RPC is choosing a server just for this week.

(06-12-2013, 10:08 AM)Tyonis Wrote:

Assuming Kylin is correct, Balmung isn't open yet, hence why the RPC is choosing a server just for this week.

That's...

Really stupid. Dazed

I've come to expect such from Square. Since my 1.0 character will be my alt I guess this entire weekend for me will be all-for-nothing.

(06-12-2013, 10:22 AM)Ryanti Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 10:08 AM)Tyonis Wrote:

That's...

Really stupid. Dazed
Clarifying:

Yes, all Legacy worlds will be unavailable for the first phase of Beta Test 3.

On that note, I vote Gilgamesh.

RE: NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Rhashi Nefhys - 06-12-2013

Doesn't really matter which server we pick so yeah, why not Gilgamesh. Also curious that IF they change the server names for stage 2 of phase 3 (this is getting confusing) our characters we create this weekend get transfered as well?

RE: NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Ciara Snow - 06-12-2013

I -know of someone*cough* who has made someone(or someones*) of every server so far, -they- have seen the RPC mingled between moogle, tonberry and coreul(was it coreul ty?) and of each server I would say -they, cough- most enjoyed -thier*cough- time on the last to be added servers. There was still enough people to get things done but they were smaller, so when it came to things like FATE and farming to craft, or just exp/questing more mobs to play with. 

In any case I didnt commit too crazy to er.. nothing cause Im not saying anything but would be willing to follow the group ^^

RE: NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Vareal - 06-12-2013

(06-12-2013, 10:51 AM)Rhashi Nefhys Wrote: Doesn't really matter which server we pick so yeah, why not Gilgamesh. Also curious that IF they change the server names for stage 2 of phase 3 (this is getting confusing) our characters we create this weekend get transfered as well?

Gilgamesh is an acceptable server, lol.

Regarding characters, I think if SE is going to open the legacy servers in week 2, I think it might be prudent of them to allow us to transfer the characters we create in week 1? If not, I can see where non Legacy members would get frustrated with this.

RE: NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Paradyme - 06-12-2013

Anywhere but Cactuar.

Fucking Cactuars.

Oh I know, lets have a poll for the servers? Most popular vote wins :3

RE: NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Eva - 06-12-2013

This is all very temporary and such, and I heard Gilgamesh before anything else, so most of us from Crystalline will probably be rolling there.  If this winds up not being the popular or agreed upon temporary RP server for whatever reason, than we'll just meet everyone on Balmung at the next stage of the game.  I don't see any need for a vote or any such thing though.

Looking forward to Friday!!!  Bouncy

(06-12-2013, 01:18 PM)Eva Wrote: This is all very temporary and such, and I heard Gilgamesh before anything else, so most of us from Crystalline will probably be rolling there.  If this winds up not being the popular or agreed upon temporary RP server for whatever reason, than we'll just meet everyone on Balmung at the next stage of the game.  I don't see any need for a vote or any such thing though.

Looking forward to Friday!!!  Bouncy

Yes, my master. lol jk

That's where I'll be on phase 1, so if anyone is interested, keep an eye out for Caden.

RE: NDA, Phase 3 Server, and More - Gideon Aryeh - 06-12-2013

If anybody didn't know already the updater is up and working on the beta client