Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning to Eorzea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning to Eorzea (/showthread.php?tid=21320)

Returning to Eorzea - TokenBG1009 - 01-30-2018

• MMORPG background: Most of them? At least I can say I've played most of the major MMOs over the last decade or so. I previously played XIV about four years ago before going back to WoW and once again here I am ready to start anew!

• RP experience: 16 years! Goodness, I'm getting old. I started RPing on AOL in the (not-so-great) Red Dragon Inn as well as continuing to RP through AIM, various MUDs, and a lot of time was spent in WoW.  

• Character ideas/info: I don't have any character ideas for XIV just yet. I want to get back into the game and the world before I decide what kind of character he's going to be. As I tend to play casters I can say with some certainty he's going to be quite the studious fellow, but depending on the people I meet his good/bad tendencies will eventually take shape. A studious assassin or mercenary? WHY NOT!?

• How did you learn about the coalition? Well, I went to log in today and discovered I already had an account. Thus, I have no idea where I learned about it, but I rediscovered it through the FFXIV subreddit.

• What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? It really depends on who I'm RPing with. I'm more than okay with small bits of light RP, but I greatly enjoy a long and deep storyline with others. I like to think I'm pretty flexible when it comes to RP.

• Anything from real life you'€re comfortable with sharing? I'm a night shift IT professional and thus my schedule is a bit wonky. Here's to hoping I can meet plenty of people to suck me back into the wonderful world of Eorzea!

Due to being away from the game for so long I'm really looking to start fresh and experience the story once again. I have a lvl 50 WHM on Balmung, but the moment I logged in I realized I had no idea what I was doing or where I needed to go.

RE: Returning to Eorzea - Kremzeek - 01-30-2018

I can relate. I haven't played since 2016, and I only got to level 32 as my highest class. Trying to relearn everything again.

Just came back and it's really fun, but really overwhelming.

I got into Balmung at about 4:00AM with some serious luck way back when. Yesterday, I played a bit on Mateus with a new character to get used to things again.

I know just enough to get myself into trouble now, hah. Looking for a laid back RP guild that isn't too harsh on someone basically new to the game.

Not sure Balmung has that, but I have a few character-only items and CE exclusives on my character so I don't want to use another one. Not willing to leave Balmung either since I just about had a heart attack (in a good way) when the server allowed me to create my character originally! Was some crazy good luck.

Anyway, you're not the only one who feels a little lost. But the game is great and I'm glad I'm back. Maybe I'll see ya around in-game!

Character name: Mazzi Dreadlane